Sign in to follow this  
USMC Sniper

New island in progress

Very nice the motel looks good the sign shines at night right? biggrin_o.gif

Looks very Max Paynish tounge_o.gif

Very nice the motel looks good the sign shines at night right?  biggrin_o.gif

Looks very Max Paynish  tounge_o.gif

Yeah it does, along with some of the windows too, and the signs on mcdonalds, the showroom, etc. biggrin_o.gif

Looks great so far smile_o.gif Have you actually started putting things down on the island or are you just making objects for it at the moment?

Yeah all the objects from the screens are on the island, not placed in the editor (except for the cars in the parking lots).

Could you please mak the Junk Yard more biggr in size with a spare crane sorta thingy and those magnetic ones too lying around and trash compactor if possible ? biggrin_o.gif

And make it a bit big in size like more rows of crap cards and columns, i can already imagine a mission inside Tonal hiding behind junks and fighting off the baddies tounge_o.gif

I'd be glad to help you with textures if you want. smile_o.gif

I'd be glad to help you with textures if you want.  smile_o.gif

Cool that'd be really good! Thanks a lot for the help, I appreciate it. smile_o.gif

Maccas. Good food chain.

[dream]

David Armstrong walks in a holds up the place. "GIVE ME A BIG MAC!!!"- David

[/dream]

Wakes with a Mod looking down on him saying "No spamming"

Hi all, I'm having a small problem. It seems that the WRP Tool doesnt take armor values for buildings from the cpp, but maybe from the weight defined in the p3d or something. rock.gif Is there any way to get around this?

Well recently I've worked on it again, and I've got a portion of China town done. If you guys are wondering why I made a Chinatown for a Florida based island, well maybe it isn't Florida based anymore. Since it's fictional it's going to  be sort of a Miami - Los Angeles cross, since I really wanted to do a Chinatown area. Anyway, here's the pic:

Chinatown

Not pictured are the small stalls and details, I didn't feel like making many pics. Again, some of the textures are from GTA3, since I couldnt find any good pics of Chinatown stores or banners. Either way I think it captures the feel of a crowded Chinatown market nicely. smile_o.gif

Besides China town, there are also a few small things done, mainly details and lots of stores.

Looks nice. A suggestion may be to perhaps put some stuff out, or add some crowd to it. You never see a chinatown alley that... deserted?

And I don't mean people.

Impressive!

But what about the performance? Reminds me on the huge town on Tonal, which lags like hell if there are some units added  sad_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Again, some of the textures are from GTA3, since I couldnt find any good pics of Chinatown stores or banners

What about his ones:

chinatown.jpg   stores.jpg

China-town.jpg

Mfg MEDICUS

Thanks a lot for the suggestions. Those pics are cool but theres not much in them that I can use for textures. Anyways I'm still adding plenty of objects to Chinatown, it's not nearly finished. As for lag, I'm sure it won't lag a lot since the island isn't too large, and the buildings are very low poly (the showroom is just ~120 polys, and it's the only enterable buildings so far). Tonal is more detailed and is quite a large island, plus it has TONS of vegetation and probably over 120000 objects. Mine just has less than 2000 so far, and htat includes all of the roads, sidewalks, trees, fences, etc.

I suggest a new ground texture with lots of paper and trash and stuff on it, that'll make it look more realistic. Add garbage cans, boxes, and piles of stuff every few yards and youll have a perfect China town.

A little shop would be cool where mission editors are able to choose from different bmps for the front sign. (gun shop, security service, used goods, kiosk etc)

Lookin forward to your island, m8 - this could be awesome for Cops & Robbers missions !

)rStrangelove @ Mar. 12 2004,12:59)]A little shop would be cool where mission editors are able to choose from different bmps for the front sign. (gun shop, security service, used goods, kiosk etc)

Lookin forward to your island, m8 - this could be awesome for Cops & Robbers missions !

I don't think that's really necessary since there will be those kinds of stores anyways, but I'll see what I can do. (Later though ;) )

Anyways, does anyone know how to put sounds on the map? Say I wanted to have a crowd ambience for the Chinatown, or a looping music ambience for a night club or somethign along those lines. BAS had it in the form of objects with sounds on Tonal, but I have no idea how to do that.

Second, how can I make buildings placed through WRP editors have custom icons? I want to have a gun symbol for guns stores, and stuff like that. I'm pretty sure it can be done because gas stations and hospitals have that feature on BIS maps.

Also, what kind of districts or buildings would you guys want to see next? Any more suggestions for Chinatown? I've added boxes but I had to keep it a bit spaced out because AI had trouble walking through it when it was crowded.

(...)

Second, how can I make buildings placed through WRP editors have custom icons? I want to have a gun symbol for guns stores, and stuff like that. I'm pretty sure it can be done because gas stations and hospitals have that feature on BIS maps.

Quote[/b] ]

Hint: check this thread.

Have you checked it? crazy_o.gif

No custom icons are possible, just the ones that come with the game.

Yeah I looked at it, to have the maps show the buildings. I never noticed anything about the icons, since i wasn't looking for that when I looked through it.

I have a different question though: how can I control the colors of the buildings on the map? It seems they are randomized, since some are blue, some are red, some are gray, etc.

Are you going to put a river /s in it?

I allways wonder why all this great new terrains never have rivers crossing towns or citys, like most of towns and citys in the world. rock.gif

See if this project bring us a police station and things like that biggrin_o.gif

@CERO.

i live in Pittsburgh PA. we got 3 rivers biggrin_o.gif

Double Road

I made a double road as requested by some. It looks really cool, and the AI (being the shitty drivers they are) don't have too many problems with it (only once did they bump into it). I'm thinking of an enterable building to make, I'm considering a police station or a restaurant.

heres an idea, Make a ground texture that has NO grass in it (like all concrete) then you can place roads and sidewalks on it (and parkinglots) If you think about it you dont see big buildings sitting on grass.

I like this idea. How about a few low poly skyscrapers? Maybe you could add a few apartment buildings.

Pic1

Pic2

smile_o.gif

Sniper, I pmed you awhile back about helping out with textures, do you still need it?