Sign in to follow this  
tracy_t

Unified zombie pack release imminent

Tadam!!! Next zombie related thing is done. First time in OFP. Grabarz^^ Studios present...check screens smile_o.gif

Screen One

Screen Two

wow_o.gif A coffin, just what I needed. smile_o.gif Waiting for release... smile_o.gif

Tadam!!! Next zombie related thing is done. First time in OFP. Grabarz^^ Studios present...check screens smile_o.gif

Screen One

Screen Two

wow_o.gif A coffin, just what I needed. smile_o.gif Waiting for release...  smile_o.gif

Actually Grabarz, your coffin's not the first in OFP.

I made one ages ago!!! tounge_o.gif

http://www.ofpcentral.com/pafiledb/pafiledb.php?action=file&id=94

PS: my coffin looks better than the screenshot that's there. The screenshot is old.

Still, yours is better looking. Maybe I will improve mine later.

This mod looks so great, but since i dont own GOTY edition of OFP and know little of scripting/modelling/etc, i want to do something. If you need some screenshots from one of the Romero films or the extra's from the films just message me i got them all three in Region 1 editions (best versions there are) so...

If there's anything in the DVD extras that show the zombies in better detail than in the film (for example, the zombies from DAY) then I would appreciate clear screenshots. Modelling decomposing people is so much easier... smile_o.gif

Yeah Day of the Dead has a extra 40 minute home video from tom savini doing make up, so many zombie faces get an close up i will try to cap them. smile_o.gif

Screw the mall we need a damn Wal-Mart. If there is ever a apocalyps thats where im gonna go. Guns, Ammo, knives, food, and tons of other junk that can come in handy.

Damn, I am ONLY second coffinmaker  wink_o.gif

Here are screenshots from my work "in progress": two types of grave and hearse. Notice that graves textures are taken from Night Of The Living Dead (1968) smile_o.gif Like I said, I'm making hearse from Mehanics Mondeo, but of course I have some problems: problem with windows (you can see that problem on the screen) and BIG problem with model. What problem? In buldozer you can see coffin inside of hearse, but in-game coffin is not visible, when you are outside. Inside everything is fine but out side - no. I've made changes in each LOD, but problem is still present. Anybody know why? I can send model for test, just give me a sign. Now, anybody have a good wood texture (good to texture coffin). I need new texture, because present texture is in very small resolution. I need something like 256x256 coffin-wood photo-for-texture. Hmm...I can make a candles, but somebody must tell me how make them to light smile_o.gif And maybe some good ideas and advices what should I do now, because I'm little confused smile_o.gif Oh yes, all zombie fans - I've found a very good site about all Romero movies: http://www.homepageofthedead.com (turn music on - very, very climatic, I'm trying to find it in *.mid file).

Screenshots:

Grave 1

Grave 2

Hearse

PS. What all of you think about this?

posters.th.jpg

PS2. Maybe somebody can post to OFP.INFO news about our work in progress? I've send a news to them, but I think that they ignored him  sad_o.gif

This mod looks so great, but since i dont own GOTY edition of OFP and know little of scripting/modelling/etc, i want to do something. If you need some screenshots from one of the Romero films or the extra's from the films just message me i got them all three in Region 1 editions (best versions there are) so...

If there's anything in the DVD extras that show the zombies in better detail than in the film (for example, the zombies from DAY) then I would appreciate clear screenshots. Modelling decomposing people is so much easier... smile_o.gif

Yeah Day of the Dead has a extra 40 minute home video from tom savini doing make up, so many zombie faces get an close up i will try to cap them. smile_o.gif

Right, that's totally sweet. Just what we need.

If you can get any caps of tattered clothing too, all the better!

EDIT:

Wal-Mart? In Nogova? I didn't think they'd have spread *that* far! tounge_o.gif

In the zombie survival guide book, Max Brooks reckons marts would be a magnet for looters, and so probably wouldn't be the best place to hole up, so to speak. Maybe a mission could be developed along those lines... who knows?

@Munk:

Thank you. I look forward to updating the page once a year!! tounge_o.gif    I am so lazy... mind you I have been a busy chap.

EDIT EDIT EDIT:

35,000 views of this thread. Wow! The zombies are very popular, aren't they? My sincerest thanks to everyone who made the zombie mod possible, from Hunter & prototype 001 at the start, to Mig, KJAM, CoolDude101UK and Grabarz in the present. I salute you all!

Screenshots:

Grave 1

Grave 2

Hearse

PS2. Maybe somebody can post to OFP.INFO news about our work in progress? I've send a news to them, but I think that they ignored him  sad_o.gif

please, upload your pics somewhere else, this is waaay too slow crazy_o.gif

also, if you mail some guy directly, it has more chance to be posted... (well thats what some guy told me wink_o.gif )

I dont mind hosting anything zombie related smile_o.gif

I've made new textures for coffin. See it below.

coffin-new.th.jpg

And new version of Zombie_Mod overturned bus (now he is more damaged - like after accident)...

zombus.th.jpg

..and burned version

zombusburn.th.jpg

I've made new textures for coffin. See it below.

[im]http://img96.exs.cx/img96/5794/coffin-new.th.jpg[/img]

And new version of Zombie_Mod overturned bus (now he is more damaged - like after accident)...

[ig]http://img91.exs.cx/img91/3603/zombus.th.jpg[/img]

..and burned version

[ig]http://img91.exs.cx/img91/8510/zombusburn.th.jpg[/img]

Nice, you know, those containers remind me of an old game called Blood, there were also containers like that in the game lol. ghostface.gif

Quote[/b] ] Nice, you know, those containers remind me of an old game called Blood, there were also containers like that in the game lol

ahh.... memories... wink_o.gif

I can't let Mig and Grabarz do all the modelling, so I'll continue work on the new zombies!! biggrin_o.gif

For what it's worth, this version of the zombie mod is FINISHED. Finished as in complete, not abandoned. I can't see how I can improve the AI without making major changes. For a start, I saw how general barron improved the hearing and sight of the vampires in his undead mod, and I thought I'd like to do similar with the zombies, but that would ruin existing missions.

I also wanted "Migration Points" where zombies could move to, when they don't have a target to chase. A migration point typically would be a largely populated area, e.g. a city, or a big town - meaning, lots of FOOD!!! But again, the existing AI would have to be revamped.

Finally, I wanted zombies to be able to break down barricades of cars, oil drums etc, but again the AI would need to be revamped.

So.. a second zombie mod, cunningly named ZOMBIE MOD 2, with new, smarter and more realistic zombies, will be started. When? I don't know. It will be for operation flashpoint resistance though, you won't have to wait 'til 2006 - I'll be 34 then, and I'll be surprised if I don't have a baby zombie mod taking up my time ;)

I could always create the scripts mentioned above first, and let you use the existing zombies with them, if you wanted? What do you think?

hehe, sounds really cool!  biggrin_o.gif

EDIT: mhm, someone knows some nice (original) objectives for a mission rock.gif

ok i have a request. do you think you could include sounds for the zombies, i dont have any idea how to use the zombie sfx pack, i want the zombies taht walk around to moan once in a while. and when they eat someone play a teeth snapping every few seconds or something, just a thought

ok i have a request. do you think you could include sounds for the zombies, i dont have any idea how to use the zombie sfx pack, i want the zombies taht walk around to moan once in a while. and when they eat someone play a teeth snapping every few seconds or something, just a thought

The whole reason of having a separate sound FX pack is so that you can use your own sounds if you like to create some individuality in your missions. All zombies sounding the same... well, it would suck wouldn't it?

I can make a zombie mod where the zombies growl and chomp etc, but personally I think that's the wrong way to go.

What do others think?

hehe, sounds really cool!  biggrin_o.gif

EDIT: mhm, someone knows some nice (original) objectives for a mission  rock.gif

Yes,

defend the city from zombies, using the chain of command engine.

You have plenty of NBC soldiers (get the addon from ofp.info) - defend the city until all civilians have been evacuated by helicopter. But there's 100 civilians on different rooftops... smile_o.gif

NEW ZOMBIES IMMINENT - Hosted courtesy of OFPCentral, the first choice for your zombie needs!!!! biggrin_o.gif

Thanks Munk!! Feel free to use these pictures as promotional material.

[im]http://www.ofpcentral.com/munk/Gubbens/zmb_dude_01.jpg[/img]>100kb

[im]http://www.ofpcentral.com/munk/Gubbens/zmb_dude_02.jpg[/img]>100kb

I don't like the look of this one much, maybe someone could make it look more realistic? HINT HINT biggrin_o.gif

[im]http://www.ofpcentral.com/munk/Gubbens/zmb_dude_03.jpg[/img]>100kb

EDIT: mhm, someone knows some nice (original) objectives for a mission  rock.gif

Take Pete's car, go to mums, kill Phil, go to Liz's and save her then go to the winchester have a pint and wait for the whole thing to blow over.

Take Pete's car, go to mums, kill Phil, go to Liz's and save her then go to the winchester have a pint and wait for the whole thing to blow over.

I love Shaun of the dead!!!! lol

Any chance of mirroring those pics? Villagephotos uses bandwidth like no-one's business!

EDIT: Cheers munk!!!! What a star!

EDIT 2: Mig / Grabarz, any chance of tarting up the 3rd zombie - he looks totally, well limp!!! Who stuffs their shirt into their jeans now anydays? biggrin_o.gif

Who stuffs their shirt into their jeans now anydays?

Old people...