Sign in to follow this  
Blake

Finnish defence forces mod 1.2

Quote[/b] ]Optional armament includes a mount for 12.7mm ItKK heavy machinegun.

Optional? I always use the heaviest armament possible biggrin_o.gif .

Cool stuff!!

Just can't wait for the next release of fdfmod...

Quote[/b] ]*Deletes Pchela UAV and BRDM-2 from RHS to do list*

you better not be kidding sad_o.gif after all the stuff and remaking ive been doing on them

So you finally got those textures for it, I remember that it was a target from 1.0 but good photos and info were lacking. Looking good, are there any armed variants of this boat btw?

Jurmo can be armed with single 12.7mm AAMG on a monopod mount on the left side of the boat, firing arc around 270 degrees.

A REALLY nice addon would be a Landing boat that would carry more than just infantry... otherwise I'll prefer to use T.O.W.'s AAV7 1.1 anytime (it has a Mk19 40mm grenade launcher and is useful ashore as well tounge_o.gif ). Wasn't anybody up to doing something that could ferry vehicles ashore? Maybe some functional LCAC that could carry maybe an Abrams or two along with a couple of Bradleys? Now THAT would rule... a true vehicle-carrying ship!! biggrin_o.gif

My initial post:

Quote[/b] ]Ok. While I really like FDF mod. A whole lot.

I have a bone to pick.

It appears I can no longer issue commands via the map.

I don't know -why- this would be disabled.

However I really really really really really really hate it.

I'm assuming someone on your team is operating under the assumption that it's not realistic. Having mindless ai isn't realistic either. Neither are any of the other limitations that comprimise ofp's realism factor.

I was playing the 1-16 coop on nogova with FDF with a friend today and I wanted to send some AI back to get a truck so we could load it up with weapons before hitting petrovice.

Lo and behold. I can't just click on the map and tell them to run back and then press f2,4,2,1 and then click on the map to get him to drive back.

This is wretchedly inconvenient and also somewhat unrealistic since how much different is that from telling someone to go to a certain place on the map and get something?

I want to know how I can change it back manually if someone on the dev team would be so kind as to tell me.

Ok forget all that. I think it must be some kind of issue with the UAV and multiplayer or something.

Since I just tried it in the editor and it worked just fine. It however didn't work earlier when I tried in an MP game and we had a UAV. Perhaps the mapclick command took over?

I've noticed a few other issues concerning static guns. Such as the mortar. Which sometimes seem to cause the game to crash if an AI guy is carrying either the base plate or the tube. I can't narrow down the circumstances any better. It just seems erratic.

In multiplayer for some reason if I'm carrying a mortar tube it will just disappear from my inventory. I attempted to assemble a mortar during multiplay once and it disappeared when I chose to combine the two.

Ah, works perfectly fine for me (running FDF 1.2 with OFP 1.96). rock.gif

It's out!? When?

Hm. Might not even be that since I did some script.pbo hacking and for some reason it looks like there are artifacts from the decryption... little box-like squares and such. In some of the scripts. Others aren't.

I basically wanted to disable a few things for performance reasons. Which involved opening it up. Along with tracing references in the config.cpp.

The blood. The medic yell loop... hm. I manually applied the fix for the burning script executing explosions on multiple clients.

If that's the case that really sucks. There are some things I just -don't- want to have in my game.

BUZZARD @ May 11 2004,00:11)]A REALLY nice addon would be a Landing boat that would carry more than just infantry... otherwise I'll prefer to use T.O.W.'s AAV7 1.1 anytime (it has a Mk19 40mm grenade launcher and is useful ashore as well tounge_o.gif ). Wasn't anybody up to doing something that could ferry vehicles ashore? Maybe some functional LCAC that could carry maybe an Abrams or two along with a couple of Bradleys? Now THAT would rule... a true vehicle-carrying ship!! biggrin_o.gif

Have no idea what LCAC means but I doubt it has anything to do with the real FDF and its most likely opfor. wink_o.gif

Jurmo cant carry any vehicles. The valas- or kampela class transport boats might be able to do that.

BUZZARD @ May 11 2004,00:11)]A REALLY nice addon would be a Landing boat that would carry more than just infantry... otherwise I'll prefer to use T.O.W.'s AAV7 1.1 anytime (it has a Mk19 40mm grenade launcher and is useful ashore as well tounge_o.gif ). Wasn't anybody up to doing something that could ferry vehicles ashore? Maybe some functional LCAC that could carry maybe an Abrams or two along with a couple of Bradleys?  Now THAT would rule... a true vehicle-carrying ship!!  biggrin_o.gif

Have no idea what LCAC means but I doubt it has anything to do with the real FDF and its most likely opfor. wink_o.gif

Jurmo cant carry any vehicles. The valas- or kampela class transport boats might be able to do that.

LCAC means LandingCraft Air Cussion (its basically a huge Hovercraft for trooptransport) ;)

i know the finnish Coastal Jeagers have tested those (weel, smaller versione of them) and they did it together with the swedish Amphibious soldiers ;)

but i dont think the one tested was able to carry vehicles... althoug the USMC has a really HUGE one, wich can carry Tanks and stuff...

http://koti.mbnet.fi/fdfmod/newspics/jurmo2.jpgquote]

Wow! Looking great. But there is one thing I don't quite understand, why are some of the soldiers wearing old steel pot helmets? Does this have something to do with them being part of the boat crew or just material shortage in the Finnish military?

Anyhoo looking great guys!

Wow! Looking great. But there is one thing I don't quite understand, why are some of the soldiers wearing old steel pot helmets? Does this have something to do with them being part of the boat crew or just material shortage in the Finnish military?

Anyhoo looking great guys!

The ones wearing grey steel helmets are indeed boat crew.

Boat and Navy crews have usually worn them when facing surface action. Nowdays they are probably replaced by kevlars at least on some units but just for the sake of making units look different in more ways than just sleeve insignia they've been issued with steel pots.

Yes I do understand your point, I think parts of the American navy still issue steel pots to their deck/bridge crew.

And it does look quite nice to be honest, as you pointed out the pots make them stand out from the regular combat troops.

Again these new units and vehicles are lookin great, can't wait to see 1.3 on my harddrive!

Digressing once more.

Since I am using a slightly modified scripts.pbo I might've inadvertantly done something to screw up my current installation of FDF, however once you do launch the uav nobody at all can order units via the map afterwards. I've just confirmed it by attempting to do so in both multiplayer and in single play.

Has anyone else had this problem? Is there a way around it?

That severely limits the usefulness of such a utility if it basically takes away another useful command tool.

Has anyone else had this problem? Is there a way around it?

Wait for 1.3

I've noticed a few other issues concerning static guns. Such as the mortar. Which sometimes seem to cause the game to crash if an AI guy is carrying either the base plate or the tube. I can't narrow down the circumstances any better. It just seems erratic.

In multiplayer for some reason if I'm carrying a mortar tube it will just disappear from my inventory. I attempted to assemble a mortar during multiplay once and it disappeared when I chose to combine the two.

Sometimes it just happens. We never found out the reason, sometimes things just don't work way they should be, probably due to lag. Weapon carrying scripts have some sanity checks to make sure non-existent vehicles are not being deleted (which would cause CTD in MP), maybe that's reason for disappearing weapons as well, though I'm not sure what kind of race condition would cause situation like that.

I think you should get with CoC and make some real mortars that have 6 klicks range, I'm bored of looking at an 81 mm going 900 metres, it's so.... 2003.

Check out WGL's mortars, very nice.

Maybe FDF 1.3 will include a vehicle fitted with the AMOS turret? I don't even know if Finland will be ordering any of these but it would indeed we sweet to see a Finnish XA-203 with the AMOS turret mounted on it in OFP biggrin_o.gifsmile_o.gif

I finally downloaded this mod, my verdict? It's very well done. I think the East Border map is probably one of the best maps every made.

The only thing Is when I play I find my self lonesome for dynamic range sound, and some Helecopter downwash. Any chance of either of those making it into the next release? Perhap a ECP version?

PS. That Mig21 is beautiful, I mean its just incredible looking.

FDF's sounds are by far superior to dynamic range. Best overall in my opinion. Not to mention that Dynamic range has or had serious issues with multiplay.

Maybe FDF 1.3 will include a vehicle fitted with the AMOS turret? I don't even know if Finland will be ordering any of these but it would indeed we sweet to see a Finnish XA-203 with the AMOS turret mounted on it in OFP biggrin_o.gifsmile_o.gif

Anyone asking for AMOS again will be kicked, banned, drawn and quartered tounge_o.gif

I finally downloaded this mod, my verdict? It's very well done. I think the East Border map is probably one of the best maps every made.

Well, maybe 2nd best... tounge_o.gif

The only thing Is when I play I find my self lonesome for dynamic range sound, and some Helecopter downwash. Any chance of either of those making it into the next release? Perhap a ECP version?

We've researched but current method of doing downwash dust causes too big performance drop for our tastes.

Compatibility with other mod projects would be nice thing to have for online play and possible in theory, but I just don't think it will ever happen. It would mean rewriting whole FDFMod config and large parts of ECP, and some things still just wouldn't be compatible and would have to be dropped.