Sign in to follow this  
Blake

Finnish defence forces mod 1.2

Yep they were used in Vietnam by NVA and were very common in middle-east during Six Days war and Yom Kippur war.

Many nations still use them today altough they are obsolete. They can only shoot down a helicopter if they get lucky.

Wernt those used in vietnam ?  crazy_o.gif  rock.gif Im sure i have seen them before....

Yep, they were used in Vietnam.

The gun itself (S-60, single barrel, towable) was also very important part of North Vietnamese AA equipment.

I would be amazed if you had NOT seen it before, ZSU-57 is an extremely common anti-air tank. wink_o.gif

Hmm, strange. I cannot connect to the site   crazy_o.gif

Tryed it with mozilla and Avant-Browser. Both times with the same result.  sad_o.gif

Works for me. However yesterday there was some downtime due to maintenance.

Finnish paratroopers queue for a jump training on a biting cold clear day while their comrades practice low-level parachuting methods nearby. Since the 60s Dutch Fokker F.27 Friendship/Troopship series has been widely popular transport aircraft. It replaced DC-3s in Finnish service but now only one remains in FAF service as jump trainer plane, one as Electronic Warfare aircraft and third has been sold for aviation mechanic training purposes. The Troopship is capable of transporting 44 paratroops in addition to crew with cruising speed being 480 km/h.

fokker1.jpg

Looking great, very nice job! The textures on the engines are spectacular.

(By the way, did Sole make the model? I thought he had some pictures of that aircraft in his signature a while back.)

Sole's sig might look mighty familiar.. tounge_o.gif

(By the way, did Sole make the model? I thought he had some pictures of that aircraft in his signature a while back.)

Yes, though Sole's model is Fokker F.50. Plane is shortened, interiors, windows & all textures are redone, etc.

I only did the basic exterior model of an F-60, as Feer said, most kudos go to FDF smile_o.gif

Are these guys paratroopers?

Will FDFMod support something like real parachutes?

-single use and all?

Anyway very nice Fokker! (hope it is joystick compatible)

wow_o.gif

Are these guys paratroopers?

Will FDFMod support something like real parachutes?

-single use and all?

Yes, they're paratroopers, same ones already in FDFMod. We've thought about having realistic parachutes and things like removing eject action from helo pilots and passengers (unless they carry a parachute) but unfortunately it would break too many old missions. If there's a good solution to make it configurable for missions builders, then we might include it.

Anyway very nice Fokker! (hope it is joystick compatible)

wow_o.gif

Well, currently it definitely needs some tuning to make it flyable even with mouse (turns very sluggishly). Model needs a lot of work too.

Found this on Gamezone.cz:

Picture: Fokker F.27 Troopship

Quote[/b] ]Finnish paratroopers queue for a jump training on a biting cold clear day while their comrades practice low-level parachuting methods nearby. Since the 60s Dutch Fokker F.27 Friendship/Troopship series has been widely popular transport aircraft. It replaced DC-3s in Finnish service but now only one remains in FAF service as jump trainer plane, one as Electronic Warfare aircraft and third has been sold for aviation mechanic training purposes. The Troopship is capable of transporting 44 paratroops in addition to crew with cruising speed being 480 km/h.

This is a very nice looking plane! Great job, again!  smile_o.gif

I'm really looking forward to the release of the FDF-Mod 1.3  tounge_o.gif

Mfg MEDICUS

to the fdf staff:

could you also release a dutch version of the fokker f-27 friendship/troopship.

(i read the fact on ofp.info)

Spectre @ April 11 2004,14:41)]to the fdf staff:

could you also release a dutch version of the fokker f-27 friendship/troopship.

(i read the fact on ofp.info)

Prob. not, but maybe Sole wants to release his 60-version?

Just like to say that I'm on a 56k and I downloaded the full 300mb over the course of two days just because I heard it was so bad ass. I was very impressed, especially with the campaign. It is the first campaign I have ever played through. I very much liked how the squads weren't completely on their own for the most part, receiving back up when needed. I think my favorite mission was Bottleneck. I hope a continuation is in the works.

I doubt my F-60U will ever get finished. But I am gonna give the F-27 a shot when FDF 1.3 hits the streets tounge_o.gif