Sign in to follow this  
Imshi-Yallah

Nogovan army?

We at Nogovan Armed Forces mod will be using Jackal326's jungle troops model. picture

They are using ebuds textures. we might use localized weapons though smile_o.gif

So what uniform/camo is going to be used?

Right now, I'm having images of jungle FIA in my head and I need to erase that. crazy_o.gif

EDIT: Nogovans are Czech btw.

Right now, I'm having images of jungle FIA in my head and I need to erase that.  crazy_o.gif

ditto...ur just using the model and not the textures right ?

Right now, I'm having images of jungle FIA in my head and I need to erase that.  crazy_o.gif

ditto...ur just using the model and not the textures right ?

Dont know if the response is this deep and profound it might be fun biggrin_o.gif No we are going to try and have them fit in better smile_o.gif Sander from KMARNS is helping us with soldier textures.

I think that NSAS would be a bit unreall, special air service, based on the airforce really, the airforces aren't much big for this islands, so if they where cal special boat service instead of air? so it would be like NSBS?

Just an idea, that's all.

The arm patches, we should have different one really, so I supose you may like some designs being show here?

Thanks.

@CERO.

The Special Air Service got that name because their original designation in North Africa during the war was 1st Special Air Service Brigade, to fool the enemy into thinking that a airborne/commando brigade was out there, instead of about thirty blokes. It's also worth noting that the modern-day SAS (also, the Australian SASR and the New Zealand SAS) aren't an airborne unit, despite the fact that the members are all qualified parachutists. They operate in a variety of roles and environments, such as reconaissance, sabotage, intelligence-gathering, counter-insurgency, anti- and counter-terrorism and hostage rescue. They're basically the definition of special forces.

Anyway, the NSAS sounds good. It might be an idea to put in a British SAS "advisor" in with them, fits in with the western-backed idea nicely, and gives the NSAS a bit of background.

Are those models intended for special forces or for the regulars? To me they look very "irregular" smile_o.gif But for special forces they look just fine. Perhaps you can coax Jackal into putting a huge o'l ghillie suit on one of the models? tounge_o.gif

Hi,

Matthijs Crielaard has given permission to use the new models made for the KMARNS/Lowlands Warrior units for a Nogovan army as well. These models feature berets under the helmets and body armour.

NDF_new.sized.gif

Details of loadbearing equipment will differ in the final version, the above figure uses the ops vest textures made for the Dutch air assault and commando troops.

The woodland camouflage pattern, adopted by various armies in Eastern Europe, will be used for the regular army.

Regards,

Sander

Sadly enough I think it will be in US woodland. Very sad considering there are an entire plaethora of domesitc camo patterns. But I am not the one who has to re-apply all the textures and make new ones to fit the model so I am not complaining wink_o.gif

Sadly enough I think it will be in US woodland. Very sad considering there are an entire plaethora of domesitc camo patterns. But I am not the one who has to re-apply all the textures and make new ones to fit the model so I am not complaining wink_o.gif

If the textures are made with all details having their own Layers it's quite easy to change camo patterns. And you don't have to reapply them. You can just replace the file. All you need is pic with enough of the camo you want to use (and that's the biggest problems sometimes).

If we're gonna add in a SF unit, then I'd say call 'em:

Nogovan Highland Rangers, the acryomn doesn't quite matter as much as the full name. NHR is fine, at least it isn't the

(This was a Canadian Political Party)

The:

Canadian Reform Alliance Party, or CRAP. So long as we avoid things like that, we'd have a viable name for the SF unit.

AK

There was a French Special Forces unit that had CRAP as their acronym as well. After Somalia, the humor of it was pointed out to them and they changed it. smile_o.gif

After Somalia was wiped clean by French nucle.... Ehe no, no never mind tounge_o.gif

But what the crap did CRAP stand for? Doesn't sound very French I suppose Chassieurs *something something* ?

But now a question, what versions and modifications of the G3 will be included? Any version with optical sights and or affixed underbarrel grenade launchers?

EDIT: A few vital words missing and one word that wasn't needed at all smile_o.gif

They were in Somalia with the UN Forces, but the Americans made fun of them because of their name.

Hi,

C(ommandos de) R(echerche et d') A(ction en) P(rofendeur), a long range reconnaissance and direct action unit.

Regards,

Sander

CRAP is no more , it's been replaced by the GCP

They were in Somalia with the UN Forces, but the Americans made fun of them because of their name.

just the name because those guys are a top notch special unit

if they had seen them in action they would have a different opinion of them wink_o.gif

No, they wouldn't have. Rangers and SFOD-D would still think they are worthless SOB's because their offical acryonm is CRAP. Its the Elitist thing.

Dunno why we're crawling all over Nogova using SF when they don't even have a firmed-down look and equipment for their basic line grunt! Methinks we're getting ahead of ourselves.

AK