Sign in to follow this  
killagee

Xm-8 is a go!

Damn I dont want that the Tech on weapons will go any further more because on Weapons: they wanna give it a future look and those looks are lame so keep the normal look because then you got a real Weapon....  tounge_o.gif

And wy does this looks like the German G36 rifle.

When I saw the pic for the first time i thaught:

1: This is a joke

2: Wy does it looks like the G36  crazy_o.gif

Read the text. The manufacturer of the gun is H&K, and guess who made the g-36?  crazy_o.gif

Arch.

Well HK also made the MP5but that doesn't look like a G36.

Anyway the XM-8 looks crap, might work alright. keep the older XM gun whats in OFP.

Damn I dont want that the Tech on weapons will go any further more because on Weapons: they wanna give it a future look and those looks are lame so keep the normal look because then you got a real Weapon....  tounge_o.gif

And wy does this looks like the German G36 rifle.

When I saw the pic for the first time i thaught:

1: This is a joke

2: Wy does it looks like the G36  crazy_o.gif

Read the text. The manufacturer of the gun is H&K, and guess who made the g-36?  crazy_o.gif

Arch.

Well HK also made the MP5but that doesn't look like a G36.

Anyway the XM-8 looks crap, might work alright. keep the older XM gun whats in OFP.

HK MP is a SMG series whereas the G36 is a NATO 5.56 rifle , just like the XM8

Whoa, a lot wof discussion here, but nobody gave a rat's ass about the XM8 when I opened a thread earlier this year... blues.gif

More importantly, when carrying your weapon into battle, who gives a fuck what it looks like!

As long as the bugger is reliable and effective, it could be pink for all I care.

Badgerboy is right (well , maybe no about the pink part , but you get the idea)

plus if the XM8 is as good as its big brother the G36 , i don't see any problem

on the argument about HK , i would like to add : the MP5 with all its variants is a 9x19mm SMG designed in the late 70's while the G36 is a 5.56X45mm assault rifle fro the early 90's , you can't compare both external designs , partly because guns , just like cars or shoes follow trends but principally because technological advances in matter of composite materials and such

At first I didn't like the guns design at all. But after a while it kind of grew on me (especially after seeing it in all black) And I fully agree with ran, this has the potential to be an excellent weapon if it shares the characteristics of the G36. I just hope they remove that huge text reading "XM-8" before they start using it tounge_o.gif

He he he. I see the resemblance tounge_o.gif  wink_o.gif .

Edit:

My mind does extremely childish things when extremely bored.

Introducing, the XM-8 Swordfish.

untitled.jpg

Shutting up. tounge_o.gif

Now, to get back on topic. I've heard that 5.56 mm rounds are going to be phased out eventually in favour of something larger and packing more punch. How well can this design cope with such a change. And how large would we expect to see the new round to be?

Now, to get back on topic. I've heard that 5.56 mm rounds are going to be phased out eventually in favour of something larger and packing more punch. How well can this design cope with such a change. And how large would we expect to see the new round to be?

I thought 4.73mm Discarding sabots were all the new rage, like on the G11.

The halo 2 battle rifle looks cooler if you ask me.

But it's not about looks, it's about performance. But if I were in the US army, I'd be too embarrased to have it in that yellow colour.

I thought 4.73mm Discarding sabots were all the new rage, like on the G11.

It should have been the rage almost 15 years ago. But as far as I know, caseless ammunition in military applications died with the G-11 when it failed to gain substantial orders (like it's country of origin).

Mayby it's experiencing a comeback?

But this rifle would need to be completely redesigned in order to accommodate caseless rounds.

I was thinking of larger calibre rounds. Not a completly different firing system, though 2000RPM doen't sound to bad does it.

Halo's MA5B/MA2B(The one with a low power scope in Halo 2), are both a 7.62x51mm assault rifle.

I'd say within the next ten years, someone develops some wonderful recoil suppressing components/method which sparks the return of large caliber munitions.

Quote[/b] ]I'd say within the next ten years, someone develops some wonderful recoil suppressing components/method which sparks the return of large caliber munitions.

A little extra recoil never hurt anybody biggrin_o.gif ...

Haha, remember the assault rifle from Halo 1?

It uses 7.62 mil in the year 2500 (it's like saying we use longbows today!), it doesn't have optics, you can't hit the side of a barn with it (a modern pistol is 10x more accurate!), it has a huge flashlight that runs out of batteries every 2 minutes, and no grenade launcher or anything. Also, the firing sound is a weak throb, apparently it uses subsonic ammo!

All that in the year 2500, can you believe that, folks!

That rifle has got to be the crappiest game weapon ever! biggrin_o.gif

And yes, I don't have much to do right now... wink_o.gif

I really like the look and color of the gun. It's clean, and has no sharp edges to bang yourself up with.

Just look at South Africa's weapon of choice, or whatever that country is. They just have an AK47 decked out with plastic fins and shit to make it look like a futuristic gun.

Haha, remember the assault rifle from Halo 1?

It uses 7.62 mil in the year 2500 (it's like saying we use longbows today!), it doesn't have optics, you can't hit the side of a barn with it (a modern pistol is 10x more accurate!), it has a huge flashlight that runs out of batteries every 2 minutes, and no grenade launcher or anything. Also, the firing sound is a weak throb, apparently it uses subsonic ammo!

All that in the year 2500, can you believe that, folks!

That rifle has got to be the crappiest game weapon ever! biggrin_o.gif

And yes, I don't have much to do right now... wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Human technology is not that far advanced from what we have today; the basic technologies are mostly the same, just on a much larger scale, with the exception of FTL travel made possible by the Shaw-Fujikawa slipstream drives of Human starships. Weaponry is still projectile-based, and explosives still seem to involve chemical reactions rather than a release of contained plasma, as the Covenant explosives use. While Humans have recently come to possess artificial gravity, another product of reverse engineering Covenant ordinance (as demonstrated by the gravity on the Pillar of Autumn), they have yet to apply it to smaller planet-bound vehicles; the Warthog, for example, still uses wheels and does not hover.

It is because there was more focus on AI and MJOLNIR than other military technology.

Not enough of an improvement over the M-4

There are Improvements to the M-4 in SOPMOD II that addresses smoe of the issues in that HK sales PDF comparison sheet.

Think about it.

Except for the change from the Bolt Action Springfield to the Semi Automatic Garand, how many times have the US changed centerfire services rifles for another of the same caliber as the previous weapon?

Never, nada, none.

We won't change service rifles until there is a change in caliber, its that simple. Too much sunk cost in the existing system that is performing just fine.

If we were not using a 5.56mm weapon now, the XM-8/G-36 might be a good bet but we are already using one.

I think it sounds great! I quite like the new look.

RED

whoow....Wait this is going to fast now tell me what does this weapon haves what the other 1000bilion and more weapons dont have's? wow_o.gif

whoow....Wait this is going to fast now tell me what does this weapon haves what the other 1000bilion and more weapons dont have's?  wow_o.gif

The novelty of being new and 30% more plastic!

Agree with Heavy Metal, the U.S sure isn't getting bang for its buck! Just upgraded M4s and M16a4 instead of M16a2 would be much cheaper and almost as effective, plus U.S troops are accustomed to them!