Sign in to follow this  
feersum.endjinn

Finnish defence forces mod 1.1

I have one question for the mission maker who made "Before darkness" How do I activate that smoking animation wich the russian officer executes in the begining of the mission?

Just had a CTD using the FDF Mod. I haven't had a CTD in OFP for ages!

Got the following error message when crashing:

CreateVertexBuffer (static, separate) failed 8876017c - out of memory?

For the record, I was playing with the following mod folders:

FDF 1.1

Winter Nogojev

HiSky

FatWobmat's New Worlds

This occurred at the end (er.... when I got killed) of mission Carelian Pie. The music kicked in, then the music looped, the the screen looked like I was heading into deep space at warp speed for a second, then the error message window appeared.

Yes, I'll run FDF now with no additional mod folders to see if the problem reoccurs.

Quote[/b] ]CreateVertexBuffer (static, separate) failed 8876017c - out of memory?

Avon thats a clear case of your Graphic card not able to handle the graphics at that moment , i get that all the time if i try to push my settings at hellish modes like High detailed terrain , full LOD and 1024 x 768 res on my poor 440 MX card whooo first i get a few matrix re enactments then boom same error , its usually a result of image being not rendered due to low memory. In other words get your settings down i would say but it could be something else too though , but thats been my experience with this error so far. smile_o.gif

I have one question for the mission maker who made "Before darkness" How do I activate that smoking animation wich the russian officer executes in the begining of the mission?

Not sure if you mean this one, but I added the smoking animation from first OFP demo to FDF mod. StandVar3 is the animation classname if I remember correctly.

Quote[/b] ]CreateVertexBuffer (static, separate) failed 8876017c - out of memory?

Avon thats a clear case of your Graphic card not able to handle the graphics at that moment , i get that all the time if i try to push my settings at hellish modes like High detailed terrain

Could be but I haven't touched my OFP settings or my video drivers in months and have not experienced this with any other addons or mods - and I have quite a few. Could be a memory leak, somehow, too. Who knows!

I've removed all the other mod folders from my shortcut. Let's see if this happens again.

OK try again Avon.

Done! wink_o.gif

What was changed?

BTW, love that big gun that goes boom-boom and sends T72s to the scrap heap. wow_o.gifsmile_o.gif

Just some bugs occuring after finishing 1st objective etc.

That 'big gun' is 95mm recoilless rifle BTW wink_o.gif

Guest Hitman[SWAF]

Great work FDF team, this sure was more than I expected.

Had couple CTD's and bit low FPS's but that's just my computer. smile_o.gif

Very well done! Keep it up.

I downloaded it yesterday, tryed it, and to be onest, I'm not too impress... about having mash potatos for tea, this mod is the best thing ever even before sliced bread, so acurate, and the sounds... God, amazing.

The configuration is been made just how I like it, but you should try to get a bit more of the hit sounds, kind of like the ones from the DDA M16 pack, or the JAM ones.

Could you make an updated configuration with them sounds? pleeeeeeeeease???

That would be a under 1 meg download, I know, and the instalation would be easy.

I'm currently creating some sounds for bullet fly and impact, I offer them to Goldmember, but I'm sure you guys got better ones than mine and can make a nice bunch of effects with the bullet hit.

Thanks guys.

@CERO.

Hi,

Sorry Cero, but i'm not agree with you.

The sound in FDF mod are great better than those in JAM, JAM is cool for compatibility, but the sounds sucks (Also It could be possible that those who made it, have add subliminal propaganda messaging in, you should search on web to see page talking about mind programmation), so I prefer use Dynamic Range by @ECP...  crazy_o.gif

So please, stop asking, the Filand Mod is the best out there for the moment rock.gif  

Also, can it be possible to add a readme.txt to 1.1 to see all corrected bugs, and new features ?

Thanks

Like Avon's Lady Said To Many Great Addon but few campaign...

Hi,

Sorry Cero, but i'm not agree with you.

The sound in FDF mod are great better than those in JAM...

Well Gazman, I must be missing something here, cos the ground hit sounds I get are similar to the ones by BIS. Anything ellse yes, is far superior to anything ellse I tryed.

Like Avon's Lady Said To Many Great Addon but few campaign...

It's "missions", which includes "campaigns".

Anyway, I've no complaints about this mod's release of sample missions to go with their addons.

Really would love a serious FDF campaign! I hope it's still in the works!

which side would you like to play in their campaign: russian or finnish???

i prefer both! tounge_o.gif

Man! You spoil my pleasure in early morning with your pure fabrication. "LOTS OF ERROR" DO You think anybody would play my mod if it is full of bugs? I admit there is some problem between unofficial addons and GMR mod, but it is far from your statemant. And of course causes problem running GMR and FDF mod together, after all they have a different modified config.bin.

So you oblige me by not talking about my mod in hostile attitude in the future.

thanks

I think someone burned his sleeves as we say in Finland.

I have no meaning to insult or anything like that, but I just wanted to say that we don't support problems with GMR mod and FDFmod.

GMR mod and FDFmod will just cause lots of errors used together.

It makes people crash out on linux servers

Really would love a serious FDF campaign! I hope it's still in the works!

An official campaign should be in the works, plus a couple of SERIOUS 3rd party campaigns (made by teams) that are looking good but will probably be in Finnish only. sad_o.gif

I dont see any point in russian fdfmod campaign.

I dont see any point in russian fdfmod campaign.

Yes. And we don't have enough knowledge and/or fluent Russian speakers.

Maybe it's better just finish that Finnish campaign first and then think again biggrin_o.gif

Before you fix it, can you post a screenie for us! biggrin_o.gif

breakdance.jpg

That thread doesnt really help avon

http://supah.chaotic.nl/breakdance.jpg

Ahahahahaa! biggrin_o.gif

Do you have some extra animation addon installed?

(in other words, I'd like to have a look at that breakdance addon)

[imghttp://supah.chaotic.nl/breakdance.jpg[/img]

Aha ha ha ha. tounge_o.gif

Let me regain my composure biggrin_o.gif

Phew, there it is.

Oh dear, that really is some funny s**t!

Edit: this might be a little off topic, but I'd love to see General Guba goin at it! wink_o.gif

@ Dec. 06 2003,19:47)]

http://supah.chaotic.nl/breakdance.jpg

Ahahahahaa!  biggrin_o.gif

Do you have some extra animation addon installed?

(in other words, I'd like to have a look at that breakdance addon)

I have no idea. It leads to some interesting moments. I was playing as a commander with a group of artic jaeger. I was on this hill top overlooking a ravine, i turn around to look at my squad of highly trained and motivated soldiers only to find 6 out of 8 breakdancing mad_o.gif I actually said "Stop breakdancing you idiots, i am trying to win a war" out loud crazy_o.gif