Sign in to follow this  
feersum.endjinn

Finnish defence forces mod 1.1

@EiZei

i think i will wait as my pc ballsed up the download and v1.1 so i shall wait sad_o.gif

Question : Are there any servers running this mod ? sad_o.gif Love to play it smile_o.gif.

keg's hisky is not compatible with FDF?

Would be easier to copy HiSky Data.pbo and Data3d.pbo to finmod/dta/hwtl or finmod/dta wink_o.gif.

Ah, but I'm stupid! tounge_o.gif I'll copy it over now lol.

what files should I have in my fdf addon folder - I don't have any sound, and i converted the names to lowercase so i could use them on my linux server, and may have made a mistake in between.

rock.gif

Quote[/b] ]I need to install 1.91 first to install 1.94

ok, just making sure you don't run into trouble because of forgetting about 1.94.

I was now able to fully see the work of the FDF-mod. AWESOME!!! It's really, really great! And it already starts with the logo which is awesome looking. Than the menu-screen on first start-up, which has an ambience no less then Warcraft3. The sounds, exposions, models, everythink just looks great.

I wasn't able to DL this mod when v1.0 was released because of my 56k, but now I have a much better connection and it's no prob (I did the update in 21 minutes sharp, thank god for the invention of ADSL)

keg's hisky is not compatible with FDF?

Would be easier to copy HiSky Data.pbo and Data3d.pbo to finmod/dta/hwtl or finmod/dta wink_o.gif.

Tried it, but when I start up FDF mod and get to the startup screen:

Quote[/b] ]Error loading data3d/vlajkstozar.p3d

rock.gif

I've got problem with this new version of FDF mod: most of the sounds are missing. Tried to reinstall 1.0 and patch the mod with v1.1 but no use. I installed all the v1.1 files like instructed in the readme. I can only hear musics, voices, footsteps and ambient sounds. Seems like all the new sounds included in fdf 1.1 aren't working, gunfire, finnish radio chatter, explosions etc. The sound files are under 'sounds' folder under fdf mod folder. I have ofp patched to 1.94. My souncard is soundblaster audigy if that helps anything.

Anyway, the new version truly kicks butt though the sounds could be nice too. Excellent work, modders! And happy independece day, finnish people!

oh well...after playing some 1.1 inbetween studying for exams, all i can say is Wow! this is the work of some very good artists and gurus smile_o.gif

Just two issues i want to speak about: When i zoom with optics of most armored class vehicles\sniper rifles i get a big loss of FPS, anyone else getting this or is it just me?  And did u guys at FDF change the handling of the planes in 1.1? they feel way too much oversensitive to joystick flying...

EDIT: im running FDF1.1 with -mod=HighSkyWater;finmod (that kegetys sky and Wilco's blue water which looks very good with the snow), and im having no problems that i notice.

2nd Edit: any chance of releasing a readme on how to use the arty?

Quote[/b] ]And did u guys at FDF change the handling of the planes in 1.1? they feel way too much oversensitive to joystick flying...

In the modern F-16the stick can only be moved a few mm to both sides. So it's really sensitive in RL. In the planes of FDFmod this should not be the case, but I do like the sensitive touch and quick handling very much.

The only thing missing is a gunship helicopter of some sort (although I'm not sure about finland even using one in RL). Perhaps you guys can put an MG in the door of the Mi-8? That would make it a really cool transport bird.

Quote[/b] ]I've got problem with this new version of FDF mod: most of the sounds are missing. Tried to reinstall 1.0 and patch the mod with v1.1 but no use. I installed all the v1.1 files like instructed in the readme. I can only hear musics, voices, footsteps and ambient sounds. Seems like all the new sounds included in fdf 1.1 aren't working, gunfire, finnish radio chatter, explosions etc. The sound files are under 'sounds' folder under fdf mod folder. I have ofp patched to 1.94. My souncard is soundblaster audigy if that helps anything.

Anyway, the new version truly kicks butt though the sounds could be nice too. Excellent work, modders! And happy independece day, finnish people!

Are you sure you didn't delete the old sound map completely. And did you overwrite the old files with the new ones? You must have done something wrong, because it should work just fine. Perhaps you missed a config file or you missed a pbo in the addon folder about sounds?

Quote[/b] ]And did u guys at FDF change the handling of the planes in 1.1? they feel way too much oversensitive to joystick flying...

In the modern F-16the stick can only be moved a few mm to both sides. So it's really sensitive in RL. In the planes of FDFmod this should not be the case, but I do like the sensitive touch and quick handling very much.

The only thing missing is a gunship helicopter of some sort (although I'm not sure about finland even using one in RL). Perhaps you guys can put an MG in the door of the Mi-8? That would make it a really cool transport bird.

Finland does not have any AG capable planes or combat helicopters, the forthcoming NH-90s will feature some sort of a MG (MG3/NSV?) but there is a lack of good FDF NH-90 picture material.

And I dont recall seeing any Mi-8s with door MGs, dont know about wartime though. wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]I need to install 1.91 first to install 1.94  

ok, just making sure you don't run into trouble because of forgetting about 1.94.

I was now able to fully see the work of the FDF-mod. AWESOME!!! It's really, really great! And it already starts with the logo which is awesome looking. Than the menu-screen on first start-up, which has an ambience no less then Warcraft3. The sounds, exposions, models, everythink just looks great.

I wasn't able to DL this mod when v1.0 was released because of my 56k, but now I have a much better connection and it's no prob (I did the update in 21 minutes sharp, thank god for the invention of ADSL)

I downloaded it in 7 minutes  wink_o.gif

but I like the trucks u made, accept the tires are very "unused" tounge_o.gif

Yes, that has to be done in some way.

And sorry it wasn't included in readme sad_o.gif

You can use it by inserting artillery object in mission editor. It can be found from "EMPTY -> OBJECTS (Finnish Defence Forces)" -> Mortar squad, medium artillery and heavy artillery.

After you've placed one of these objects to map, you can order fire by using action menu from Finnish radist that has LV 217 "Venttiseiska".

Its real easy, just place a artillery object on the map and get a LV217 field radio, then a "use sanla"-option appears in the action menu. You just enter the message like this:

Ha86 200 10

<coordinates> <dispersion in meter> <amount of shots>

and push the "lähetä" button in the lower right corner of the sanla device and off you go. blues.gif

EDIT: oh well, smartdrv got to it first while i was typing. sad_o.gif

In wartime I'm sure they'll modify choppers, jeeps, bikes, horses and weelchairs to mount a mean .50 gun. Too bad they don't have a dedicated gunship.

Quote[/b] ]Tried it, but when I start up FDF mod and get to the startup screen:
Quote[/b] ]Error loading data3d/vlajkstozar.p3d
It's a total conversion mod, so I guess the pbo differs from the origional (BIS) file and can't be just overwritten by the hisky mod (It does overwrite some files inside the pbo, if I'm correct).

Just to report that I don't experience any problems. Can hear all voice weapon and effect sounds. I've even got it running with HiSky.

The only bug I saw is an old one: the main menu selection sequence still does jump in the correct order (when pressing the down arrow key, for example).

I have a problem sad_o.gif ALL of the new units that you tell that are in ver 1.1 I don't have them!!!!!!! I tried reinstaling the hole fdf but nothing.And the right action bar when you can: get in get, out ,relode weapon etc. is not visible crazy_o.gif

what is the difference between the patch and the full version?

and the t55s are built using the chassis of the RHS's ones or is it the full model

Nothing different between patch and full version.

Full version is just FULL mod, you don't need 1.0.

It's full install, but you can get all the same things by using first 1.0 and then upgrading to 1.1 with patch that is already available.

We don't just have the full version ready yet, takes so long to pack and upload to servers etc.

And those t55/t54's in 1.1 are already RHS. Like I said, no differences between full version or patch, you just need 1.0 before you need patch.

okay thanks biggrin_o.gif

I've got problem with this new version of FDF mod: most of the sounds are missing. Tried to reinstall 1.0 and patch the mod with v1.1 but no use. I installed all the v1.1 files like instructed in the readme. I can only hear musics, voices, footsteps and ambient sounds. Seems like all the new sounds included in fdf 1.1 aren't working, gunfire, finnish radio chatter, explosions etc.

Did you install it in the finmod folder inside the ofp folder? I experienced similar missing sounds when i moved the modfolder to a different location....

yeah i remembered that i had a copied v.1 stored for just such mater so i downloaded v1.1 and now am instaling biggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

FDF is on my server, but I need maps...

email.gif

64.246.44.68:2302 - FP

64.246.44.68:6787 - TS

When i zoom with optics of most armored class vehicles\sniper rifles i get a big loss of FPS, anyone else getting this or is it just me?

Aww damn, I forgot to resize those optics. Some sniper rifles have 1024x1024 textures for optics, so it's no wonder if it causes lag sad_o.gif. My mistake, I'll fix them ASAP. And if you guys want, I can mail them so that you can put them into pbos.

And if you guys want, I can mail them so that you can put them into pbos.

How are you planning to fix this for the masses before releasing the full 1.1 install?