Sign in to follow this  
Tigershark_BAS

Bas pavehawks

P.S.  Will they include Pararescuemen or PJs. If not, can we expect to see them later?

Merc

I assume the speciality for PJ's is to do HALO jumpings and other para-insertions. Though, that is why they are called ParaRescues.

So as this is a chopper, a decent chopper crew, including some rescue guys to pick up wounded by sea, is rather what i would like to see tounge_o.gif

So i suppose PJ's do their insertions by a C-130 and other high-fliers.

Back onto topic - looks pretty much like the UH-60, but i am sure the diffrence is more over at the effect and scripting side aswell as diffrent mission subjects than the UH.

UH-60 or not, seems the usual BAS quality is haunting this addon aswell smile_o.gif

nah... PJs work from Pavehawks as well... they have a much broader job description than their name implies. PJs are definately trained for fast roping and such for CSAR missions and other missions that require rotary over fixed-wing in/exfiltration

the thing about adding PJs is I don't think that they have many differences about them equipment wise that BAS hasen't already covered in some of their previous and perhaps forthcoming addons... ability to heal would be important tho smile_o.gif

I don't have the time to work on desert versions (...) The amount of use it would get (c'mon seriously) is just not worth the time it would take right now.

Sounds like something else BAS is working on.

Man this is sad that was one chopper i had my eyes set on , and you cut that one out... sad_o.gif

Hope someone in BAS finish it .....you guys take your time ... but do finish it ,i dont care till when maybe next March-April... wink_o.gif

well you BAS guy did need a rest i guess.............

not really a matter if there is no desert versions by now, we can wait smile_o.gif

I don't have the time to work on desert versions (...) The amount of use it would get (c'mon seriously) is just not worth the time it would take right now.

Yes, the 3rd or 4th (forget) major rework of the Deltas and Rangers (plus a few other things). Evis is working hard on them as well. I'm just doing the new texture work on them. Evis is doing all the hard stuff.

About PJs etc for the Pavie

We have had a beta PJ set thrown togther from the new Deltas but they have a SOAR helmet. Looks nice, but is not accurate actually, but when the Deltas and new Rangers are done, they will allow for much mixing and matching to allow the creation of various types od US spec ops or line units.

Tiger has done a great piece of work on these, so even if you think that there is no reason to use them since there are already other 60s out there, check them out... sheer beauty.

everytime i hear Updated Delta, my heart thumps!!!!!!!!!!

i cant wait for the pavehawks but wats the difference

question to the BAS

between a blackhawk and pavehawk?

i read the pavhawk was a scout chopper

and a black hawk a troop transport

is that the main diff?rock.gif

and which transport would deltas prefer?

the desert pavehawk would look nice on your tonal island, bas guys...........

.........thats all I have to say sad_o.gif

but only on the desert part, while the gunship grey can be used all over tonal (I LOVE the rather basic guship grey cammo)

Yes, the 3rd or 4th (forget) major rework of the Deltas and Rangers (plus a few other things). Evis is working hard on them as well. I'm just doing the new texture work on them. Evis is doing all the hard stuff.

About PJs etc for the Pavie

We have had a beta PJ set thrown togther from the new Deltas but they have a SOAR helmet. Looks nice, but is not accurate actually, but when the Deltas and new Rangers are done, they will allow for much mixing and matching to allow the creation of various types od US spec ops or line units.

Actually I believe he was referring to the Desert Vehicle Pack.

And I believe he will be eating the biggest portion of humble pie when it does come out.

These snide comments of yours in our threads or anywhere we are mentioned is getting tiresome, it really can not be healthy for someone of your age to carry that much bitterness. So please stop, before we are forced to take the matter to the moderators.

BAS is going to release something.....

...now the bitching starts....

"What? No desert version??"

"No this?? No that??"

"Why don´t you do it this or that way??"

Then a discussion about "addon making", "the don´t get paid for", "contructive critism" and "flaming" starts.

Then 5minutes after release of the pavehawk ppl starts asking for the seahawk..

Please! Can we this time of the BAS release just have fun with the addon!

Thanks!

MfG Lee crazy_o.gif

Oooh baby, can't wait to get me grubby little mits on the Pavehawks smile_o.gif

Very much appreciated, thanks guys...

I wish that you could have at least one BAS thread where you can have a reasonable and calm discussion...a man can dream. wink_o.gif

There was a thing I have wondered about: What´s the difference between a Blackhawk and a Pavehawk, really?

They´re both special ops helicopters, but what´s the difference other than the Blackhawks being....Black? wink_o.gif

Thanks. smile_o.gif

I wish that you could have at least one BAS thread where you can have a reasonable and calm discussion...a man can dream. wink_o.gif

There was a thing I have wondered about: What´s the difference between a Blackhawk and a Pavehawk, really?

They´re both special ops helicopters, but what´s the difference other than the Blackhawks being....Black? wink_o.gif

Thanks. smile_o.gif

The differences are mainly in role and avionics.

Now avionics cannot be implemented in OFP so the subtlety of that cannot be reproduced.

Roles however are very different. 160th MH-60s are mainly in support of US Army Special Operations forces..Delta, Rangers sometime Special Forces.

Pavehawks, which are USAF birds are mainly used for Special Operations other than US Army...for example SEALS, Combat Contollers, Combat Tactics Teams,etc. In fact Pavies work very closely with SEALs when NAvy assets are not available or not appropriate.

The other big role is Combat Search and Rescue...for which ParaRescue Jumpers...PJs are legendary. These are missions to bring back pilots and other personnel from behind enemy lines and are vital parts of any US combat action.

So...the short answer is....other than some subtle model changes, the new skin and some markings....not much has changed.

Except....that with some imagination, you MAY be able to dream up some new mission ideas and applications for this bird.

Like Ebud said...we both got a thing for Pavies....our choice was to work on them together and release them.

Your choice is download or them not.

"No this?? No that??"

Then a discussion about "addon making", "the don´t get paid for", "contructive critism" and "flaming" starts.

Thanks!

MfG Lee crazy_o.gif

Agreed. I read these threads and shake my head. I really feel bad for the BAS guys sometimes. I think that they know that a lot of people really appreciate what they do and that it's just a vocal minority that always gets on their backs, though. Otherwise they wouldn't keep doing their thing. tounge_o.gif

Anyway, the Pavehawks are looking great. I'm really looking forward to them. It's a pretty neglected aircraft in OFP. I only know of one, and I'm pretty sure it was just a reskin of the BIS UH-60.

"No this?? No that??"

Thanks!

MfG Lee crazy_o.gif

Agreed. I read these threads and shake my head. I really feel bad for the BAS guys sometimes. I think that they know that a lot of people really appreciate what they do and that it's just a vocal minority that always gets on their backs, though. Otherwise they wouldn't keep doing their thing.  tounge_o.gif

Anyway, the Pavehawks are looking great. I'm really looking forward to them. It's a pretty neglected aircraft in OFP. I only know of one, and I'm pretty sure it was just a reskin of the BIS UH-60.

Thanks for the support guys, its the people like you that keep us making addons publically smile_o.gif

To all the Nay-sayers on this forum-

Has Ballistic Addon Studios EVER let us down before. Every time they promise a kick ass addon, we get a kick ass addon. Just chill people, it's gonna rock, that's all there is to it.

feature-MH60G.jpg

Yes, BAS' release will be at-least that kick ass!

Merc

@Tigershark: Yes, but if we look at it IRL, why doesn´t the USAF use Blackhawks or vice versa? What are these differences in avionics that you mention?

Otherwise very informative post. smile_o.gif

Alright guys, for those of you who didn't understand Tigersharks very good description of the differences between the Blackhawk and the pave hawk.. Here's the extremely abridged version;

BlackHawk = US Army

PaveHawk = US Air Force

now I understand that may not be enough to quell your inquistive minds, so I'll elaborate a bit more.

The Black Hawk is basically your down and dirty workhorse helicopter (from what i understand from my buds in the 101st Aviation) While I was in Iraq, they were mainly using them as Medevac, but they caught the occasional dog and pony show and rolled with "Expect No Mercy".. (if you were at the KRAB you'd know who I'm talking about) forget all that army ranger boo-yah bullshit.. they just weren't using them (the ranger's were using stolen cars.. long story)

Now the pave hawk is something else entirely. For one, the avionics cost about a billion kajillion dollars more than the setup on the black hawk.( I was with tigershark when he got bitched at by one of the Flight Engineers for asking too many questions about it tounge_o.gif)... The other thing is mission.. As tigershark clearly stated.. they're used for insertion of Special Tactics teams and CSAR.. The army don't do CSAR. Thats the PJ's whole reason for existing.

now I know some of you guys out there have a crappy social life and that there are exceptions to both airframes. I am NOT A CREW CHIEF, so I'm not too into specifics, but i do DRINK with the Pave Hawk Avionics guys and this is what I've been told.

Hope that helps..