Sign in to follow this  
Tigershark_BAS

Bas pavehawks

Entering BAS team beta cycle. Release is expected fairly soon.

Pics will be posted in the next 24 hours.

Will require the BAS MH-60s in order to function as they re-use the scripts and functionality of that addon.

They all contain several texture faces which can be set with your own airframe numbers and tailcodes. Several variations of tail codes and REAL WORLD airframe numbers will ship with helos.

Pack will contain

-HH60G Euro Lizard scheme

-HH60G Block 152 Euro Lizard Scheme

-MH-60G AF Special Operations gunship grey scheme

Desert version dropped for this version due to time constraints.

The pack will also contain 2 very special birds that commemorate the people who gave their lives to save others. One is the bird from the Perfect Storm and the other is a Pavehawk that went down in Afghanistan last year.

I have had tremendous help from real world AFSOC personnel on this....their contributions will be mentioned in the readme.

Just a few more issues to iron out and we should have some new helos for ya.....they totally come alive with a nice scheme like the Lizard scheme. Look like new birds ;-)

Talking about tributes..... The marines 228th Birthday is soon.

And can't wait for these babes, will they have coustom pilots and loadmasters or are are you using the old ones.

good news biggrin_o.gif

and i gues they use the SOAR pilots right?

And maybe they added some update too it tounge_o.gif

I just hope it and i hope they add JAM2 too it.

Very nice chopper.

Where are the SEALs? smile_o.gif

wheres the desert one show me that one
Quote[/b] ]Desert version dropped for this version due to time constraints.

Simple Enough...

The SEALs are coming, dont worry - but remember, this thread is about the pavehawks, and only the pavehawks please.

i love the pavehawks!!!!!!!!

in tom clancy books its almost wat all green berets use!!!!!!!!!

but i cant forget to mention nor ignore the updated deltas on the chopper

really makes me wanna cry

those deltas!!!!!!!! sad_o.gifsad_o.gifsad_o.gif

i lovem

they will really go good with the pavehawks!!!!!!!!!! wink_o.gif

are the fastrope animations going to be replaced with a bit more accurate ones?

i got 3 different variations for new fastrope anims. drop me a PM if you´re interested.

and last but not least the obligatory thread hijack wink_o.gif

whats the progress on the updated littlebirds? any chance for a sneak preview shot in the appropriate thread?

tounge_o.gif

Although I may be new to the forums, I've been following BAS from day one. All I can say is OFP keeps getting better by the hour thanks to BAS and other mods/addon makers that keep us (the OFP community) happy, free of charge.

Thank you BAS, they look great.

P.S.  Will they include Pararescuemen or PJs. If not, can we expect to see them later?

Merc

P.S.  Will they include Pararescuemen or PJs. If not, can we expect to see them later?

Merc

I assume the speciality for PJ's is to do HALO jumpings and other para-insertions. Though, that is why they are called ParaRescues.

So as this is a chopper, a decent chopper crew, including some rescue guys to pick up wounded by sea, is rather what i would like to see tounge_o.gif

So i suppose PJ's do their insertions by a C-130 and other high-fliers.

Back onto topic - looks pretty much like the UH-60, but i am sure the diffrence is more over at the effect and scripting side aswell as diffrent mission subjects than the UH.

UH-60 or not, seems the usual BAS quality is haunting this addon aswell smile_o.gif

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

The desert variant dropped? sad_o.gif , this is sad.

But at least youre gonna work on it later huh? I knew it wasnt looking good from the first screenie you posted , i hope you guys get to finish it off later though. The first pics you guys showed off it just werent correct in camo.

Anyway these look good too. smile_o.gif

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

The desert variant dropped?  sad_o.gif  , this is sad.

But at least youre gonna work on it later huh? I knew it wasnt looking good from the first screenie you posted , i hope you guys get to finish it off later though. The first pics you guys showed off it just werent correct in camo.

Anyway these look good too. smile_o.gif

I don't have the time to work on desert versions, it was hard enought to find time to make the cammo'd pavehawk (and I'm not toally happy with it since i jsut didn't have the time to perfect it). The amount of use it would get (c'mon seriously) is just not worth the time it would take right now. There is a slim chance maybe after the new year, but I seriously doubt it. And I don't plan on handing out the psds for someone else to do, but with the grey version coming out Tiger made from the black 60 textures it should be an easy thing for another BAS member to make.

In short, don't expect to ever see a desert version of these until maybe after the year's end, and thats a slim chance.

Oh, and these versions are painted according to specs.

Will require the BAS MH-60s in order to function as they re-use the scripts and functionality of that addon.

Why would you require us to already have the blackhawk just for the scripts? Why not just package up the scripts into the new addon or release a BAS_Scripts.pbo file so you don't make one addon require another?

Hoz

i think there´s absolutely no problem with this.

since it´s a modteam´s addon which is required for another addon by the same team.

further more the army black hawks are almost kinda standard nowadays...

Why would you require us to already have the blackhawk just for the scripts? Why not just package up the scripts into the new addon or release a BAS_Scripts.pbo file so you don't make one addon require another?

Hoz

because that would mean ripping all the scripts out of the MH-60's just to put them into a seperate pbo, which we think isnt worth the effort.

So, we've made it so that you have to have the MH-60's in order to use the pavehawks, which not only saves on doubling up and therefore file space, but it saves you about 2 or 3 weeks of extra waiting whilst we cut all the scripts out, re-write them, and put them in a new set of pbo's.

As it is, we allready have about 20 pbo's in your addons folder (if you have all the BAS addons) so we really dont want to be adding another one just so someone can use the pavehawks without the blackhawks...