Sign in to follow this  
Tigershark_BAS

Bas pavehawks

Hey thats not a bad idea and I WOULDNT criticize you for it man , i like the idea of a editted SOAR go for it BAS smile_o.gif

lol, sorry, no. I don't even have that time, and don't know if anyone else in BAS has the time or capability to even do that smile_o.gif After the new years I'll be able to do a really nice one, but not till then, and don't really expect anyone else in BAS to tkae on this little project either, but who knows.

Sorry to burst your bubble with that one. It's not as easy or quick to make as you would think or like. It would require new textures, model edits and a new config. A couple weeks work at least since 1-2 hours a day editing time is about all most people with lives have, divide that by the number of other projects people work on, and you see the issue. Then remember that there are maybe 2-3 people in BAS who make textures, 1-2 really, and again you see what I mean. If it would just mean removing the SOAR vests and editing the helmet textures then it would be a quick fix, but I don't think that would make anyone happy, and get more criticism than not making one at all.

i could help you guys with textures, im a sensae' master of photoshop, with years of design experience - hyaa!

maybe to do a swap meet type deal, I really need modellors for The Unsung vietnam island objects.

Sorry to burst your bubble with that one. It's not as easy or quick to make as you would think or like. It would require new textures, model edits and a new config. A couple weeks work at least since 1-2 hours a day editing time is about all most people with lives have, divide that by the number of other projects people work on, and you see the issue. Then remember that there are maybe 2-3 people in BAS who make textures, 1-2 really, and again you see what I mean. If it would just mean removing the SOAR vests and editing the helmet textures then it would be a quick fix, but I don't think that would make anyone happy, and get more criticism than not making one at all.

i could help you guys with textures, im a sensae' master of photoshop, with years of design experience - hyaa!

maybe to do a swap meet type deal, I really need modellors for The Unsung vietnam island objects.

well, that wouldn't really help them at all, will it? You take some of their work and they take some of yours. Nice deal you got there.

I'm not so good in modelling soldiers (I'm more a vehicle type of guy), otherwise I would have done them myself. No problem though, ebud. We all know you are very busy. Becides; other than a modified vest there wouldn't be any major difference between SOAR and AF pilots. We'll just use the SOAR untill someone releases a new pilot model. Who knows, I wanted to start learning how to make soldiers anyway wink_o.gif

I think we will wait until a time where we can do them ourselves actually. If someone wants to make their own, there is nothing stopping anyone from going that route. I just don't want to make something halfassed just to appease a few select individuals who just have to have an AF pilot. It's the same reasoning behind dropping the desert textures for now.

to tell ya the truth,

i dont give a shit about that pilot, just thought i would lend a hand if needed.

Quote[/b] ]I think we will wait until a time where we can do them ourselves actually. If someone wants to make their own, there is nothing stopping anyone from going that route. I just don't want to make something halfassed just to appease a few select individuals who just have to have an AF pilot. It's the same reasoning behind dropping the desert textures for now.
good thing; a half cooked meal doesn't taste well. Better wait until you have the time to make it right. You just concentrate on the good project(s) you have already running. I think you've got plenty of work for the next few months. It's hard to do this next to the RL. I myself have just one hour a day during the week (late at night) and the weekend to do something. Keep up the good work!

It is of my personal opinion that the majority of the community wouldn't give a rats ass whether or not they're crewed by SOAR pilots or if they're crewed with the proper AF pilots. I know it doesn't bother me. I'm just imputting data and opinions. Don't know why I should, I don't use these units much, if at all.

With a notable exception being the Rangers. (Devising new ways to kill the bullet-sponges.)

Meh. Release'll be nice. So'll hearing the community "Great work BAS! W00T!" or some sh*t like that, and then, five minutes later: "When will the SEALs be out."

Sad really.

AK

Hi nice pavehawks ill make the pilots , but can I ask you guys a favour , I need some USAF Pavehawk pilot and PJ photos, I hope some-one can help. Post here or msn me: rbeni12@softhome.net

thanks

rbeni12 biggrin_o.gif

hehe  tounge_o.gif  here are some nice USAF co-pilots smile_o.gif

usaf.JPG the texture credits go to BAS ;)

yea because you know, theyre private property and they will sue you  tounge_o.gif

copyright infringment,

oh wait, we dont own anything we make for ofp do we...

Edit -

I didnt mean its cool to take other people work, be original.

I just mean dont bitch when others do take your work, its their lack of creativity and skill they are showing, nothing more, and theres nothing anyone can do about it, but point out the fact that they are not capable of making their own stuff, but maybe they need to see how you made your stuff to get upto your level, then they wont always be dependant and knagging on you guys...

Also, dont bother telling people to ask for permission when you never plan to grant it.

We WON'T go down that route again, but everything we make is intellectual copyright to us, and therefore we would like it if you respected that copyright and did not steal our work. Afterall, isnt taking something without asking just plain stealing I ask you?

Yes but when you say you make it for free for the community you dont have any right to restrict anyone not to use it in their personal projects especially the ones which arent gonna be release which we make for our personal  enjoyment after all thats what the addon was for. PERSONAL ENJOYMENT no one can EVER STEAL your work it was by you and will forever remain that way but if someone uses it in their addon it is a sign of adoration and respect for your work not STEALING.

smile_o.gif

Anyway On topic so how close are we to the release now its been a week now since this topicwas made predicting the release is near ....  biggrin_o.gif

I will request to the mods, that the next person who talks about the stealing/copyright issues be the one responsible for this thread being locked.

We've allready had pages and pages of "discussion" about this topic, so lets not bring another thread down.

Thankyou.

yes sir!

p.s.

im sry i didnt realize this has already been discussed in earnest, i was just playin, didnt mean to begin a war or anything.

Thanks for re-phrasing your post, most appreciated.

Also, dont bother telling people to ask for permission when you never plan to grant it.

In reguard to this comment, there are only 2 reasons we "refuse rights";

1) If the addon is not ready for it yet. I.e. with Tonal Island, the file structure will be almost completely re-worked for the 1.3 AAE Version. For this reason we feel it is best not to have people using it, as their work will simply have to be redone when Version 1.3 comes out.

2) Quality. If the addon is clearly made by a "weekend addon maker" who has clearly not put the time and effort into making his/her addon, we will not condone the behaviour by supplying them with "high quality" textures (they may not be "high quality" from some peoples pov, hence the "")

As with most addon teams now (RHS, BAS, Earl/Suchey, CLSA, etc) they have proven that the best addons are the ones that have time taken over them, and are done with care and attention. We don't want to be fuel in the "weekend addon maker" fire.

Yes best addons are the ones which take time but if the person isnt allowed to use stuff to make anything how can he even prove himself wink_o.gif

Not to be offensive i just feel people who wanna use your stuff usually are your fans and dont wanna steal your model/textures as you SAID in your POST!

Rbeni12 has previously taken credit by using our textures without giving credit or asking permission, he was later given permission and did give credit this time but we do ask people to get permission before using our textures and displaying the work, we have repeatedly allowed people to use our work but i see no reason why we should allow people to take credit for our own work or to use textures or models when we dont want them used. I think you'll find the community as a whole despises people that steal work and try to pass them off as their own, there are plenty of addons around that are 'open source' that people can use if they want to learn to make addons, there are also all of the BIS models and textures that people are allowed to use.

Thanks for re-phrasing your post, most appreciated.

In reguard to this comment, there are only 2 reasons we "refuse rights";

1) If the addon is not ready for it yet. I.e. with Tonal Island, the file structure will be almost completely re-worked for the 1.3 AAE Version. For this reason we feel it is best not to have people using it, as their work will simply have to be redone when Version 1.3 comes out.

2) Quality. If the addon is clearly made by a "weekend addon maker" who has clearly not put the time and effort into making his/her addon, we will not condone the behaviour by supplying them with "high quality" textures (they may not be "high quality" from some peoples pov, hence the "")

As with most addon teams now (RHS, BAS, Earl/Suchey, CLSA, etc) they have proven that the best addons are the ones that have time taken over them, and are done with care and attention. We don't want to be fuel in the "weekend addon maker" fire.

oh my god, you have to be kidding me,

you are saying people cant make missions on your island now too?  

How on earth did you come to that conclusion? He is talking about people using objects or textures from Tonal, because the filing is going to change it means that if people use objects from the current pbo on other maps then when the v1.3 AAE version comes out those objects will no longer load (because they will be referencing the old location of the files). This will not affect missions and we emphatically encourage people to make missions on Tonal.

ahh, but of course,

please excuse my ignorance. sad_o.gif

edit-

and just to clearify, i have the upmost respect for you guys (BAS) and your attention to detail and level of finish,

I just think you guys shouldnt act like the elite... come down off your high horse for a moment each day, its healthy for the soul.

I wouldn't consider BAS's behaviour to be elitist in the least, after spending time in various other communities where mod teams act all high-and-mighty and crap. That's the great thing about OFP's community, people talk. If I ask questions about an addon team/maker, there's a good chance of someone from the team/the maker answering it personally.

Yes best addons are the ones which take time but if the person isnt allowed to use stuff to make anything how can he even prove himself wink_o.gif

If this were the case, the addon maker would not be proving himself or his work at all, would he?  tounge_o.gif

For the last time, and to reiterate what's already been said, moderators have been asked to close this thread if the current topic of discussion does not cease. It's all been answered before, ignorance is not an excuse for not reading this thread before posting. For the sake of us not having to visit the same issues/topics numerous times, and taking away the time of the developers from their work, I sincerely ask that you read the thread to find your answers before posting, as most questions have already been answered.

Thank you

Ofpeditor