Sign in to follow this  
RED

Ecp released!

Thanks Acecombat I found that I didn't have to disable BAS' effects I just had to add a default BIS unit and the ECP_addunits trigger. I always forget that crazy_o.gif .

Vekrotor.jpg

Much nicer biggrin_o.gif

Is it possible that you guys will look into realistically moldeling Weapon Jamming? Maybe let an option pop up "Unjam Weapon"? That would be really neat.

It has been considered. The best way to do it involves removing a unit's magazine, then giving it back. This empties his weapon and requires him to reload. However, the down side to this method is that you always get a full mag back, even if your weapon jams with 1 round left in the mag.

I think I'll include that in the next dev version I do, and see how people like it.

Kinda partly following this and wondered about the mod compatablity like FDF and CLSA mod. Never got FDF to run but currently using CLSA and would like to use ECP with it to enhance things dont' really run the mod missions but I often build addons and use the clsa promts to use some of their addons. 1.96 patch broke DNS on me and falling back to default bis sound effects,,, *shudder*

I thought that was what ecp was all about: one config to use for everything and everyone sad_o.gif

Have you asked the maker of those mods if they would be willing to incorporate their mods into ecp? Many players would like it, especially in mp, as for now mods are "jealous" (you can only run one at a time on a server) and you have to reboot the server to switch mods. And you can't combine them in one mission. Or are the modmakers as jealous and don't want to see their mods combined with other mods? This would be real sad....

I think the peeps at ECP at are very open minded on this ,if these mods want to combine ECP then i guess the ECP team could do it , but it seems all those mods have their own standards on which theyves based their own configs so what can the ECP team do?

You dont expect ECP to forcely do something which the other mods arent willing to do now are you biggrin_o.gif

I don't speak russian... how does it work? Is it some addon to ECP?

The effects look very hollywood (thats what i like biggrin_o.gif )

edit: got it working  smile_o.gif

That water splash/crash effect NEEDS to be in ecp biggrin_o.gif

I don't speak russian... how does it work? Is it some addon to ECP?

i dont speak russian as well, but theres a html file in the .rar that has the code lines to put in the init field of each vehicle, probably theres an easier way but ill need a decent online translator for that.

Although some of the effects are exagerated, it has some features that could well be used in a future version of Ecp?

Okay...

I DON'T like the explosions as such, too hollywoodish.

I DO like the plane effects, like the aircraft flying steady and burning for a while even after the crew has disembarked - nice.

I DO like the burning vehicle-skeletons after smashing a truck or car.

I DO like the water splashes.

Please - we need some of this in ECP! And some custom animations for leaning left/right around corners.

The ECP is in the middle of a major overhaul at the moment and progress is slow due to RL commitments of certain team members.

These new effects certainly offer further potential to improve the game and we will definitely investigate. However, the new destroyed model implementation may be difficult simply because it uses "deletevehicle" (I presume). During our latest overhaul (yet to be released as a dev version) we have found this command to cause serious issues with certain maps and have removed it from the one script that used it.

To be specific:

*CTI maps where destroyed vehicles can be repaired.

*CTF maps where destroyed vehicles are repaired and setpossed back to base....etc

Backwards compatibility is something we always have to consider.

Until we can find a work around to solve this issue and also get team strength back up then it will be on the "to do" list.

As for other new code this pack has to offer, we will check it out and, if its as  good as it looks we will contact the author for possible inclusion.

On a brighter note--you can look forward to a heck of a lot of bug fixes and even more FPS gains in the next release (TBA) as we constantly strive to not only add new stuff but also enhance and fix existing code.

Zay blues.gif

suggestions:

1.More default East\West unit\weapon replacements.

2.Have the burning vehicle crewmen scream when they eject.

3.Server side day/night acceleration so we can full days in 20 minutes, etc.

Thanks

--Ben

Why can't i use ECP with BAS units?

It worked before, it doesn't now. I don't have any clue what's causing it (if there is anything doing that).

What's going on?

EDIT: My bad, my bad ;) Everything is correct, it was my mistake.

The new BAS units use the JAM addon, if you have the ECP JAM addon you should not have any problems.

RED

question. which script or file is associated with the "bleeding to death" enhancment? i rather dont enjoy the getting shot then loosing the loss of my legs a 5 seconds after getting shot and would like to disable this.

edit. found it. it was in the settings

The new BAS units use the JAM addon, if you have the ECP JAM addon you should not have any problems.

RED

does that include the ai join scripts?

I have a suggestion for the ECP guys...

Smoke screens for tanks. It would be cool if they actually popped smoke canisters and laid down a screen that the AI couldn't see through. It's a major aspect of armored combat that's conspiculously missing from OFP. Ideally the commander should be able to choose to pop smoke a set number of times from the action menu and the AI would automatically deploy it in certain circumstances.

Feasible?

I have a suggestion for the ECP guys...

Smoke screens for tanks. It would be cool if they actually popped smoke canisters and laid down a screen that the AI couldn't see through. It's a major aspect of armored combat that's conspiculously missing from OFP. Ideally the commander should be able to choose to pop smoke a set number of times from the action menu and the AI would automatically deploy it in certain circumstances.

Feasible?

Well various addons teams like DKM have already implemented this in their latest tanks such as T-12 and th CHallenger 2.

I dont know if this feature was on board old tanks such as the BIS 80's era ones , but i think it is do-able. Personally i'd onlylike it on those which have such a feature IN REAL LIFE unlike giving every dingy t-55 type tank this feature wich will probably make even the easiest of tank battles a pain in the ass imagine a platoon firing smoke grenades , LAG-O-RAMA if its the BIS ones , ECP will have to use or code their own smoke grenades like FDF through which AI cant see.

I think Komuna was addin such a feature in Aircombat though.

The ecp_addunits function sometimes causes crashes, the game will crash as the missions starts. I had a look at the code, I think the fact that it execs the ecp init.sqs once for each unit is a bit much for most pc's to handle. Isn't there a way for ecp to automatically detect ALL units on the map?

I dont know if this feature was on board old tanks such as the BIS 80's era ones,
You can clearly see the smoke launchers on most of the BIS models, but they're non-functional.
Quote[/b] ]Personally i'd onlylike it on those which have such a feature IN REAL LIFE unlike giving every dingy t-55 type tank this feature
Just about every tank ever made has been able to lay down a smoke screen. This isn't a modern idea. The T-55 doesn't have smoke launchers, but it can inject fuel into its exhaust, which accomplished the same thing, albeit slightly more slowly and with a bit less coverage when compared to tanks with launchers. The same goes for the BMP.
Quote[/b] ]wich will probably make even the easiest of tank battles a pain in the ass imagine a platoon firing smoke grenades , LAG-O-RAMA if its the BIS ones , ECP will have to use or code their own smoke grenades like FDF through which AI cant see.
I know that BAS' smoke grenades are actually less demanding than the BIS ones, so I doubt that will be a problem. And the reason that I said "in certain circumstances" above was to avoid the type of scenario that you described - it would be stupid if the AI popped smoke every time it saw an enemy and nothing would ever get done, so I don't think that ECP would make it happen that way if they were to try to implement this idea.

I like the idea for two reasons.

1: IFVs are sitting ducks. They can be taken out completely by any AT weapon in OFP. I've seen many instances of them stopping, disembarking the soldiers they're carrying, and then being destroyed before the third guy is out. If they were able to deploy smoke when doing this in a hot zone (or when coming under heavy fire in one,) they wouldn't be so helpless.

2: Realism. Just about every armored vehicle can deploy smoke.

I can see two problems with the idea, though.

1: The lack of IR optics in OFP ensures that a smoke screen would be as effective against an M1 as it would be against a resistance guy carrying around an RPG launcher.

2: The fact that if the enemies can't see you, your gunner won't be able to see them. I'm also not really sure how the driver would react. As I recall, you need to create a transparent wall in order for the AI to be "blinded," so I don't know if it's possible to make the driver drive through the screen or anything.

I think that the positives outweigh the negatives, though. And it could be made an option, just like almost everything else in ECP so that if somebody didn't want to use it, they don't have to.

IFVs are sitting ducks. They can be taken out completely by any AT weapon in OFP. I've seen many instances of them stopping, disembarking the soldiers they're carrying, and then being destroyed before the third guy is out. If they were able to deploy smoke when doing this in a hot zone (or when coming under heavy fire in one,) they wouldn't be so helpless.

That's a good point. Would be extremely realistic. Even more when the IFV would fire at the same time into a certain (suspect) direction.

So there is still no way to have a heavy combat ambience or more zips of bullets?