Sign in to follow this  
desantnik

Russian voice pack

Hey everyone,

Just incase you didnt notice it in A&M Discussion there is a full working Russian voice pack and I thought it should go into A&M complete

Recently thanks to WaffenDennis, we have found a Russian voice pack for OFP, this installs Russian voices for the East... if you have redhammer it will overwrite the accented voices....

here it is

voice pack

to use this for your own voice you must edit the your UserInfo.cfg in your players profile... after you have opened it, replace the current speaker with one of these

Aleksei

Andrei

Boris

Georgiy

Ivan

Nikolai

Oleg

Ruslan

Sergey

Vadim

Vitaliy

Vladimir

save and start ofp, your player should be speaking Russian now!!!, Thanks you Waffendennis and Shadow NX for the heads up.

biggrin_o.giftounge_o.giftounge_o.gif

Downloading now! smile_o.gif  Ive been waiting for this since I found out that you cant speak russian in OFP yourself. smile_o.gif

Holy crap! 45 minute download!?! crazy_o.gif

yeah server is slow, I already downloaded it and will sent it to anyone who can host it...

need mirrors people

smile_o.gif

Are there English subtitles? Because as much as I think this is a really cool addon, and something which would certainly enhance my OFP gaming experience, I can't understand Russian for sh*t biggrin_o.gifwink_o.gif

Why does it overwrite our original files?

I dont wanna mess up my OFP , whatif i dont like them and want to uninstall it?

Will i be screwed and have to install OFP AGAIN from scratch? crazy_o.gif

I´ll just quote myself from the AM&D thread:

There must be a few voice sets in there, but they´re all very quiet (you can´t hear them in combat) and they sound REALLY sleeeepy. Not the kind of quality that you´d want, I´d rather stick with the accented ones. smile_o.gif

You can´t hear them in combat and they sound like zombies!

Why does it overwrite our original files?

I dont wanna mess up my OFP , whatif i dont like them and want to uninstall it?

Will i be screwed and have to install OFP AGAIN from scratch?  crazy_o.gif

This won't screw up your OFP installation. This works the same way as the accented voices do. I.E they work as addons. I do not have RedHammer installed (I own it but I didn't install it completly) I only have the russian accented voices in my addons folder. So if you don't like these voices just remove the .PBO and replace it with the one from RH.

If you dont mind guy's I rigged up the sound's so you can hear them in combat now and yes you can instal them in a modfolder  wink_o.gif

PS: Ofp.info ofpbase got soon a mirror for it. smile_o.gif

Hurry up with the mirrors, the link is very slow....

Well I want to upload my Updated Sound pack but where the heck could I upload it Blackdog you got any space for me? ay?

Well I want to upload my Updated Sound pack but where the heck could I upload it Blackdog you got any space for me? ay?

I have space for you over at @WAR.

Nice work...just managed to download it barely at 0.5kb rate.

But the voices could be a bit louder and clearer plus you could use some kind of voice filter which makes sound crackle a bit like in OFP radio voices.

Anyway it is great to have Russian voices finally!

EDIT:

Here's one mirror:

http://koti.welho.com/amustone/RusVoice02.rar

I just found this cool addon and I'm wondering if there's anyone working on a newer version with better quality and more words? smile_o.gif

any working mirrors? Blake's mirror is down sad_o.gif

Well the original link is still working, but at 0.5 KB/s sad_o.gif It took me some time to download but I have it now. I can mail it to someone who can provide a mirror.

nice to have some russian radio voices at last! too bad they aren't loud enough and crackling like they should sad_o.gif fix those and it's perfect wink_o.gif

I'm sure this will be interesting... and educational, too! biggrin_o.gif

But... Ë KB/s... :-/

Well, I'll leave it on...

Isn't there a way to simply have them shouting or whispering back and forth to each other?

NATO and Ruskis didn't have radio comm for each squad member in the mid-80's, anyway. I think the SAS might have had it, but they were (and probably still are) the best of the best.

I'm sure this will be interesting... and educational, too! biggrin_o.gif

But... Ë KB/s... :-/

Well, I'll leave it on...

Hi,

To download this file please follow the link posted by Chip - http://rapidshare.de/files-en/324016/RusVoice02.rar.html

Just click on it - do not use "Save Link As" option! I downloaded it yesterday at my full speed which is 16kb/s.

Kind regards,

voodzia