Sign in to follow this  
Nagual

Bas tonal-tango pack

Ok, been away from my beloved OFP the last week. Came to this site today, saw latest post was BAS related... not really paying attention, clicked, assuming it was WRT the videos of the island... Then, after about 2 solid minutes of broken, stuttered excited gibberish releasing my mouth, clicked download...... Loaded island... 2 more minutes of same gibberish as I cruised the land in my littlebird. Another minute of angered gibberish at the group of Rebels who shot down said littlebird. mad_o.gif

All I can say is WELL DONE! This map is AMAZING! Not only does it look great, (let alone the extra units, missions, etc.) but, such a battlefield is an excellent addition. Most others (barring the NAM maps) have a distinct Western/European (maybee rural North America in a pinch) feel. This one gives that 3rd world battlefield that most "Flashpoints" exist in.

It will indeed be a sad day if this team stops making additions to OFP!

To BAS team. I would like to know if it's possible for you to provide an MD5 file with your download rock.gif

Great work guys, another winner biggrin_o.gif Nagual you have outdone yourself mate smile_o.gif

RED

Very nice island. Couple of bugs i noticed thus far. and i do not know if they have or have not been adressed yet...

1: you can shoot/throw grenades through bridges

2: invisable barriers (what seem to be trees) sometimes block the road and various areas around that road.

other then that it is an incrediable island. very good work BAS

i get CTD whenever i go near that huge Tatu city, thats my only beef with it, i guess its TOO MUCH for my p4 2.2ghz with 512Mb ram to handle........................ crazy_o.gif

A note for gameserver admins:

Like stated in the OPFOR readme (pls read it), the OPFOR scripts are designed for 1.92 multiplayer games. There was simply no time to make them fully compatible to 1.91 AND 1.92 in this short time.

If you use 1.91 in multiplayer games then you might experience the following issues:

- Civilians all have the same clothes

- BMP AT missiles not showing up

- Mi-24 gear not showing up

- Mi-27 and Mi-17 rotor downwash not showing up

apart from those, there aren't any known issues with 1.91.

All multiplayer testing was done on a 1.92 beta server.

It seems to me like CTDs only happen in certain islands made with WRPEdit, and never in those made with Visitor. I vote that it's a problem with WRPEdit. I've got 768mb ram and not many addons. And of course my own island in the making is way more demanding, and it has never crashed.

How will my AMD Athlon 2.0ghz, 512mb RAM and GeForce 4 ti4400 128mb perform on this island I dont now but I am sure as hell that I will try.

If it works I will lock in to my room for about three months. If it doesnt work I will cry tears of endless sorrow and kill myself. biggrin_o.gif

about performance issues:

...I run a duron995mhz with 256mb of sd ram and a g-force4 Ti4200 graphics card and it played fine on all the available missions from campaign to mp missions, suffice to say I do play normally with some settings and view distance (around 1000) down.. but this is totally playable not considering my 56k mp game lag - the only thing that really kills game speed is (for me, that I have noticed) having LOD detail up very high

smile_o.gif Just wondering. Is the more low end pc island the same as the high end pc island just with not so many objects or are they very different? rock.gif

Great work BAS. You are the best addon makers I know of.

I haven't had a CDT yet and I don't have any lag at all in Tatu.

I am running:

OFP 1.92

1 Ghz AMD

384 MB ram

GF4 - Ti4600

RED

Come back to the server if you can guys... I got the screw around map on =/

i dont see a server ghostface.gif

smile_o.gif Great Island. And big as well. Only had the Out of video memory prob but after removing some addons it worked again.

The City/towns looks great as well as the rest of the Island. And the Campaign is nice too biggrin_o.gif.

Great work BAS. wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]found bug: "No entry .ModelSpecial" on Rebel Machine gunner.

the_unknown_one

You didnt install JAM2. It was provided in the download file.

And anyone experiencing lag, try turning down your viewdistance, obviously ofp will play better if you are viewing less polygons. Tonal is not the nice little european islands you see in OFP, it is very object intensive, we have made it as lag free as possible but if you want to make it smoother play with your settings, its what they are there for.

can we have a few seconds silence to remember those of us (like myself) who have 56k at 2.5kbps. Our prayers go out to them. My they rest in peace whilst the steam driven modem just manages to get up to 1% before it is disconnected for no apparent reason.

Thank you BAS !!!

That came really surprising for me...yesterday i cursed at ofp.at´s server because they had the bas_opfor and now i´m gonna have it myself, just great   smile_o.gif