Sign in to follow this  
Nagual

Bas tonal-tango pack

i actually loved the palm trees

especially in the jungles

the woodland bits of th jungle even looked so real and reminded of the tv show alias wen they went to pakistan

I didnt like the way the textures for the scenery looked.Which I know its hard to get good textures for scenery.The  palm trees looked unrealistic.Somethings looked out of place in some areas.I never did like the power lines being like they are.Doesnt look good when they are crossing over each other.Just stuff  like that I didnt like.But I can live with them.There just my opinions.And I dont want to be rude by posting my bad opinions,Since your guys worked so hard on this project.So please forgive me.

thanks, those things will be addressed possibly in the future.

I appreciate the offer, but now that we have this released we have plenty of time to refine what we have. It's more fun for us to continue the work ourselves smile_o.gif

Any ideas on what might keep OFP from loading?  I installed the PBOs into the correct place, OFP loads but when it gets to the menu screen... no options, and a green sky with some terrain visible.   If i remove the PBOs, OFP starts fine.  Im lost..........

Check the troubleshooting thread, this is a problem I am having as well. Alt-Tabbing out of Flashpoint and back again fixes the problem for me. The green screen happens as soon as I install a certain number of addons but OFP will still work with the alt-tab trick. If I add any more addons, I get a memory map error and ofp wont start.

Avon's FAQ and the troubleshooting thread are good places for info on this stuff.

I dont like the way the new BAS island has given me another excuse to sit by myself on my computer instead of playing with my girlfirend. BAS, and other addon "pushers" should be ashamed about helping make people addictions worse.

But as Ian Mackey says " Its not what we are selling, its what your buying..."

wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Anyways, from looking at the config, the following should suffice to make bas_ofpcpp.pbo correct in that regard:

Code Sample  

requiredVersion=1.85;

requiredAddons[]={BIS_resistance, BRDM, JAM_Magazines, Su25};

Note that requiredAddons, as I recall it, is a feature that came with 1.85.

Was having fits with a mission that kept blowing up because of missing addon: bas_opfor, even though the mission doesn't use any BAS addons. I tried all the old tried and true methods of fixing this, but still got the message everytime, causing the mission to crash.  I added the requiredAddon line to the CPP, Re-PBO'd, and the problem is fixed.  

Thanks Killswitch I owe ya a beer!

Ebud, will these suggested CPP fixes be implemented in a patch?

1-Actualy I love everything the only disapointed is the campaign you must make some cutscenes (cinematics) like official BIS campaigns would bring the qualty higher hope you spend more time on second campaign wink_o.gif

2-Any otherthing in the pack the addons rock quality wink_o.gif

3-I saw in the ending mission some bug with the UAZ the BRDM in the front of it doesnt show from the window of the UAZ is this a bug or engine problem rock.gif

Can someone help me out......been away from OFP for quite sometime and cannot get this mod to work. I'm up to 1.91, downloaded this mod and placed all files BTB. When I try to open the mod I get this error:

"no entry 'config.bin/Cfgworlds.0"

any help appreciated

did that, using flashpoint192.exe and no dice.

Is there a new worlds file? all I have is cain, abel, eden, intro..

what have I missed?

I also have those black squares.

Are those by any chance in either the opfor.pbo or that opcppsomething.pbo?

Cus I removed those two as I did'nt like them all that much (no offense).

We all have difference in taste smile_o.gif

No, please don't hold back. I need to hear the complaints more than anything else. AS long as it's not mission related or is a bug thats been mentioned.

Weeeeell, you have been asking for it tounge_o.gif

Many of my players did not like the buildings much. They said they look fine from afar, but as you get closer they all look like cubes with textures on them. No receding doorways, no window sills.

But i think that has been the only complaint i heard so far...

Quote[/b] ]Many of my players did not like the buildings much. They said they look fine from afar, but as you get closer they all look like cubes with textures on them. No receding doorways, no window sills.

Its a trade off isn't it, you can either have lots and lots of low-detail (but nicely textured) buildings (and i love standing in a street and watching it vansih into the distance .. like a real city). or you can have a few high detail ones.

No, please don't hold back. I need to hear the complaints more than anything else. AS long as it's not mission related or is a bug thats been mentioned.

Weeeeell, you have been asking for it tounge_o.gif

Many of my players did not like the buildings much. They said they look fine from afar, but as you get closer they all look like cubes with textures on them. No receding doorways, no window sills.

But i think that has been the only complaint i heard so far...

Maybe your players would love the LAG too once they inspect those window sills and buildings with high res textures crazy_o.gif

WAHEY!!!

30 pages of complaints and bitching. Something you will only see on the BIS forums.

You guys expect too fuckin' much. And when you get something as good as this, you all complain.

I love the Island. Fucking brilliant. Good work.

30 pages of complaints and bitching. Something you will only see on the BIS forums.

I'm on the BAS team and, speaking for myself, I don't look at it that way.

Most of the comments are legit. Someone's entitled not to like something. Most of the time, they've got a reason for it.

But the worst thing we can do is whine about (true) whiners. That just encourages them even more. biggrin_o.gif

Why do some people insist a goddamn stalinist-like censorship on just saying politely that something does not work? crazy_o.gif

Its not like people are saying "omg this doesnt work piece of shit bas sucks cock rotfl".

WAHEY!!!

You guys expect too fuckin' much. And when you get something as good as this, you all complain.

I love the Island. Fucking brilliant. Good work.

They ain't complaining. Most of them told how much they loved the island and work. However they noticed some bugs and there just telling BAS in hope to fix them to make the experience even greater.

Why do some people insist a goddamn stalinist-like censorship on just saying politely that something does not work? crazy_o.gif

Its not like people are saying "omg this doesnt work piece of shit bas sucks cock rotfl".

Bwahaha ..... Pure Gold ezei tounge_o.gif

WAHEY!!!

Excuse me sir, I'll need a urine test for hallucinogens...are we reading the same topic?  rock.gif

Quote[/b] ]I love you guys.

Simple as that.

Quote[/b] ]Holy F$$$ nice island there
Quote[/b] ]This island is not what I expected it would be.

It was that, and so much more

Quote[/b] ]Very, very nice!
Quote[/b] ]Wow BAS great Job i mean it WOW
Quote[/b] ]Man i just played and i am BLOWN APART literally.

I would like to heartily CONGRATULATE the BAS team for this fine work of theirs , simply outstanding guys cant say anything more (cause i dont have time goota play   ) also you guys now take a holiday break go to Hawaii or something just thinking of how you must have specnt hours placing objects down to perfection has me shuddering   .

rock.gif  rock.gif  rock.gif

Managed after plenty of tries to get a mirror link to work. Haven't played the mod yet, but my hat is off to BAS for providing such an amazing piece of work to the community for free! Thanks BAS!

smith