Sign in to follow this  
Nagual

Bas tonal-tango pack

Woo! Woo!

Awesome!

And finally a Mi24 with a retractable gear. I suppose it's kinda official now that you can edit non-demo models too? Well it's been kinda apparent for some time now but noone has said anything. Why the hush-hush?

Now, some stuff that could make it better:

Firstly the BMP model really looks dated. I know, i know, it's not really specific to this addon pack but i would hope you could work something out with Caucasus Crisis or CSLA as both have some great models on BMPs.

Caucasus Crisis BMP-2

CSLA BMP-1

Also a cooperation with RHS would maybe be possible to get a better T55 model?

Anyways, the pack is just great and tho i only got to play the first mission in the campaign yesterday i loved it. Especially those rebels that were inside the church, nice script for that one.

I think we all agree that there are better detailed models around than the ones in the OPFOR pack. The thing is that the OPFOR were especially designed to be the opposing force (OPFOR) to the player and hence he will see them only from some distance (or be dead anyway  tounge_o.gif ).

Other BAS models (those who are meant to be player models like the Delta/Ranger,...) have much more detail and allready add a significant ammount of work to your pc.

Now imagine what would happen if we would also use such detailed models on the OPFOR  wink_o.gif

Can't post bugs at BAS right now. Was this reported:

Getting "Script AK74HD.sqs not found" when playing the TANGO: REBEL ROAD SP mission.

I assume it's JAM2 related?

1-Actualy I love everything the only disapointed is the campaign you must make some cutscenes (cinematics) like official BIS campaigns would bring the qualty higher hope you spend more time on second campaign wink_o.gif

Hehe, i cant strees enough that the pack was lucky to get a campagin at all (or anything at all for that matter). I made it in one weekend (2 days), then about 2 semi days of tweaking. So i think what you got for that amount of time is pretty good.

About black squares, never seen that before, no bas testers had that. So in other words, its some tex problem with a system spec we have no idea about ,and no way of testing or fixing (just like linux or top of the line 3ghz boxes, ect). Everyone else has rugs there. You should check the sofas, they use the same textures.

Benu,  about more detailed buildings, incredible amounts of more lag would come with them. Do you think your players would not just turn around then and complain about lag, and not like that? Hehe everyone should know people producing free addons cant satisfy everyone, even from the basic fact people do not value free things to the extent of something they have payed for. Easy come..easy complain.

Edit

On second thought, about both jungle and town detail, ANY more detail and I would not of been able to play on what i made, which would of been...ridiculous...nuff said.

About black squares, never seen that before, no bas testers had that. So in other words, its some tex problem with a system spec we have no idea about ,and no way of testing or fixing (just like linux or top of the line 3ghz boxes, ect). Everyone else has rugs there. You should check the sofas, they use the same textures.

If you mean the sofas out in the open with three seats. They show up fine for me. But I still get those black squares on the ground here and there.

So the opfor.pbo and that other pbo with a similar name only includes militia/government units and vehicles right?

Why do some people insist a goddamn stalinist-like censorship on just saying politely that something does not work? crazy_o.gif

Its not like people are saying "omg this doesnt work piece of shit bas sucks cock rotfl".

That's the main problem with criticising addons those days. If you do it everyone will make you public enemy number one! sad_o.gif

If you mean the sofas out in the open with three seats. They show up fine for me. But I still get those black squares on the ground here and there.

Wise man say: If you leave rugs outside in Tonal, don't expect to find them in the morning. biggrin_o.gif

Nagual, what's the ALPHA radio command in the REBEL ROAD SP mission?

BTW, fun mission and I'm just playing it on normal.

Can't post bugs at BAS right now. Was this reported:

Getting "Script AK74HD.sqs not found" when playing the TANGO: REBEL ROAD SP mission.

I assume it's JAM2 related?

Nagual said a few pages back it was a script he deleted because he didnt think he needed it.

i think there is too much complaints here.

C´mon guys think about Lag.

The buildings and cities look vveeeeeery welll and i believe they don´t produce Hardly any lag at all.

Thats something to consider.

I´ll enjoy the great taste That BAs has in this island.

For example:

Jungles, it really brings a jungle atmosphere. It takes you to claustrophobic limits (sorry bout my english). Ambience is perfect, sounds in the atmosphere etc.

Cities, when you mount in the turret of the jeep and start aiming through the streets is simply amazing, totally belicist atmosphere.

Excellent island, very detailed in m opinion and with great estability.

It has also a very good details with that red wrecked car, the sofas, clothes, publicity in cities.

Congrats to BAS.

P.D. Anyone here passed the third mission in campaign??

If you think there's too much complaining in here you must have read the entire thread.

If you've read the entire thread you would have seen that it's mainly positive feedback from everyone and that there is a bug in mission3 (the ammo-dump-objectives will not activate) smile_o.gif

Well it took 8hrs to download but it was worth it, it's absolutely fantastic and I've had no problems running it either biggrin_o.gif

Now if you'll excuse me I'll go back to running in circles on the floor whilst shouting "Whoop whoop whoop whoop whoop", Homer Simpson style. biggrin_o.gif

Had to use ENDMISSION, cause those ammo-dumps were indestructible! wink_o.gif

No, please don't hold back. I need to hear the complaints more than anything else. AS long as it's not mission related or is a bug thats been mentioned.

Weeeeell, you have been asking for it tounge_o.gif

Many of my players did not like the buildings much. They said they look fine from afar, but as you get closer they all look like cubes with textures on them. No receding doorways, no window sills.

But i think that has been the only complaint i heard so far...

Maybe your players would love the LAG too once they inspect those window sills and buildings with high res textures crazy_o.gif

Yeah, in fact they do. I guess i have one of the slowest pc of them (with only 2.4ghz). We have made an addon to put staircases and upper stories to the houses on jelalhabat to get the island laggier for our missions too. Oh, and you can climb on the roofs now.

Calm down. Ebud was asking for all kind of things that people would like to see changed/improved and i told what i have heard from numerous players. Heck, i only noticed the "flat" buildings after they told me, i'm more of a "overall visual effect" guy i guess, and the overall effect when standing in the streets or coming into town is very nice. But i think we have the power to run higher detailed buildings and as BAS was looking for things that could be improved i think it is ok to say so.

I can fully understand Naguals point in not making addons that do not run on his box. This has been no demand or something, but i for would have liked to see more detailed buildings. I see this more of a brainstorming, BAS collects ideas and selects those they like. No need for name calling and stuff... and also in reply to:

i think there is too much complaints here.

C´mon guys think about Lag.

The buildings and cities look vveeeeeery welll and i believe they don´t produce Hardly any lag at all.

I don't see much complaining here. Sure, here and there someone complains, but most people seem to be quite happy with this addon. We sure are. It's sad that nowadays every opinion and constructive criticism is bad mouthed as complaint. I'd rather get an honest and contructive criticism than some brown nosing.

I also have black squares, and the sofas show up fine. Just thought you might like to know smile_o.gif

Just showing my deepest respect for an excellent piece of art with this post. I'm truly impressed, and even on my rather old an thus slow system the lag is doable considdering the visual quality of the work.

It's just like my first OFP experience all over again, when I keep discover great places on the island. This is a true masterwork.

BAS is my god! smile_o.gif

The thing is that in this thread there shouldnt´be complaints at all.

criticisms and how todo better this or that ok but complaints about textures and stuff i think there are too much.

Sorry about not finding that bug through the thread.

cheers.

woohoo! this is what I have been waiting for! congratulations to BAS

I'm making a kind of introduction movie to tonal island, any other places of interest I can add?

download sightseeing tonal from here

sightseeingtonal.jpg

note: this is only a preliminary version

I think we all agree that there are better detailed models around than the ones in the OPFOR pack. The thing is that the OPFOR were especially designed to be the opposing force (OPFOR) to the player and hence he will see them only from some distance (or be dead anyway  tounge_o.gif ).

Other BAS models (those who are meant to be player models like the Delta/Ranger,...) have much more detail and allready add a significant ammount of work to your pc.

Now imagine what would happen if we would also use such detailed models on the OPFOR  wink_o.gif

Mhh, I see your point, but I'd also like to see some small adjustments for the OPFOR vehicles. Afterall in Multiplayer a number of players often can play as OPFOR, and thus would indeed be close to those vehicles.

Most of the OPFOR vehicles are great, but if there ever will be an updated version, I'd like to see the following things improved.

-BMP Size (Maybe ask FDFmod, Caucassus Crisis or CSLA?)

-Realistic vehicle/aircraft weapons and ammo loadouts

-Retractable Landing Gear Animation for Mi-24

-More Civilian/unarmed Militia Third World vehicles

-Maybe some sort of a Toyota PickUp with mounted weapon, which could also be used as a SpecOps variant later

No, no, no, no and no. We had specific goals for the OPFOR and we feel we have accomplished them, they were meant to be low detail adversaries that are an alternative to the resistance/east troops that were used in missions as bad guys. We have accomplished our aims and you should be happy that you have any vehicles at all.

Yes Evis ans I think most people are more than happy with what you provided. I certainly am. Thank you for the effort.

all i think he was asking for was the resized version of the Bis BMP, but anyway remember your efforts are al;ways appreciated.

Apart from what evis said, in the future I DO plan on updating the opfor from the unit side as i was never "really" happy with them. Instead of moving on to a multitude of different projects, my goal is to continue to refine the projects I've worked on such as the OPFOR, Rangers, Delta, UH60's, etc. I always want to go back and fix many of the shortcuts I took just to get things out the door, and this seems like the best place to start. Vehicles? Refined textures yes, but not new models unless someone else wants to do it. But I would want to continue to refine this work so that it will still be a viable pack to play when OFP2 comes out. I think this pack can continue to be one of the more interesting pieces of work within OFP, and it would be a shame to let it sit and fade away. I spent waaaay too much time getting it to this point to let that happen.

Apart from what evis said, in the future I DO plan on updating the opfor from the unit side as i was never "really" happy with them. Instead of moving on to a multitude of different projects, my goal is to continue to refine the projects I've worked on such as the OPFOR, Rangers, Delta, UH60's, etc. I always want to go back and fix many of the shortcuts I took just to get things out the door, and this seems like the best place to start. Vehicles? Refined textures yes, but not new models unless someone else wants to do it. But I would want to continue to refine this work so that it will still be a viable pack to play when OFP2 comes out. I think this pack can continue to be one of the more interesting pieces of work within OFP, and it would be a shame to let it sit and fade away. I spent waaaay too much time getting it to this point to let that happen.

That sounds like a great plan. It´s nice playing with units that you know to be perfect, so you don´t have any nagging complaints in the back of your head all the time (yes, I´m a perfectionist, to a fault.)

very true

i just made my first simple mission with the pack and it was very good

ur opf is all i wanted from a african enemy

i love it

i made a raid mission

i used deltas as my assaulting force and the opf were pretty good at shooting though they all had hds

i loved using jam rpgs, they blew up those bmps like theres no tommorow

and jam 2 was great, i love the new law and at4 launchers!