Sign in to follow this  
Nagual

Bas tonal-tango pack

Like I said earlier in the thread, I'm just happy that BAS released a pack that doesn't make OFP stop working. Anything above and beyond that (for me) is strictly bonus. Although it's possible that I'm just a cynical, unhappy bastard who artificially lowers his expectations in an effort to keep his view of the world from dimming even further...

tounge_o.gif

There will be a quick patch to fix the bugs, and then some time down the track maybe a update of other items. Don't expect any major changes soon though.

NZXShadows. Nice, now try doing the rest of the textures in the pack. smile_o.gif

It's relatively simple to improve one texture, however when you're dealing with hundreds it's just not possible to spend the time perfecting every single on of them.

SelectThis

Thats not and edit.Its one of my palm trees.enough said.

Missing rugs? I didn't notice them in mine, but.... When I saw the screenies here, something occured to me. The Rebels are dealing in arms. So, maybee they acquired some of ACME's patented portable bottomless pits! These have been used by the likes of Bugs and Wiley Cyote for years.... and that was several decades back... who knows what sort of technological leaps ACME has made since then, with these new devices... making them all the more desirable for the Rebel forces. How could BAS NOT include them?

There will be a quick patch to fix the bugs, and then some time down the track maybe a update of other items. Don't expect any major changes soon though.

NZXShadows. Nice, now try doing the rest of the textures in the pack. smile_o.gif

It's relatively simple to improve one texture, however when you're dealing with hundreds it's just not possible to spend the time perfecting every single on of them.

SelectThis

Thats not and edit.Its one of my palm trees.enough said.

In that case, they are nice.

Do they have any problems with other alpha textures (like with the rope on the tent?) that was one of the biggest problems we had/have with our jungles.

SelectThis

I wonder if this means anything....  wink_o.gif

hehe, not a bad find, but not especially good either. If you really want to get a better idea of it (and hehe, words wont do much for that),

here's two links.

Hehe, nice palms nxzshadows. Im quite happy with the current palms, the single ones are some of the first models i ever made in my life, so i like them. And like ST said, we had quite a few files to look after, something like 2900 ;)

So what is it that we are meant to notice? That you are editing the bas island or using the bas objects on your island without permission?

I think they are actually his palm objects, he hasn't edited anything. He has already said as much I think.

So we should just "chill" a little bit.

I think you are getting the wrong message.

The message you are getting is:

Your palms suck, look how good these are compared to yours, yours should look as good as this or you suck too

The message you should be getting is:

We acknowledge you had textures for an ENTIRE island to do, so each cannot be a work of masterpiece, but here is a texture, ready to go, which could add value to your island, and is being offered freely to you

Quote[/b] ]Man is essentially pure spirit, termed the nagal, but at birth he takes to himself a physical vehicle termed the tonal.

You're a strange lad Nagual! wink_o.gif Nice island though.

BTW, I don't think anyone really "needs" BAS' permission to use your objects on their own island. They aren't editing or changing any of BAS' objects. They are just making another island with existing objects.....and they might come up with something good.

Quote[/b] ]Man is essentially pure spirit, termed the nagal, but at birth he takes to himself a physical vehicle termed the tonal.

You're a strange lad Nagual!  wink_o.gif Nice island though.

BTW, I don't think anyone really "needs" BAS' permission to use your objects on their own island. They aren't editing or changing any of BAS' objects. They are just making another island with existing objects.....and they might come up with something good.

I agree with you no permission but you forgot 1 thing must give credit to BAS wink_o.gif

Heh, on the contray, they do "need" to ask. The only reason I ever made any objects was to make Tonal unique, i would love to see a quote of me ever saying i was making a pack of things for island making. Which is not to say nobody would get permission...but crap like this makes it worse for everyone.

If its going to be a problem, i can simply release it later with p3d names coded ect, then stop making updates or addons until peoples serious hard work is protected (which most likely will be never).

Lt damamge, forget it, not going to happen. Peeps should remember if they have ever been an ass to bas folk in the past before expecting such things.

I agree with you no permission but you forgot 1 thing must give credit to BAS  wink_o.gif

So you made this ? its up to you to decide?...cool, saves me any time on the update ;)

hi smile_o.gif

allow me to let off some well built up steam (no offence to anyone intended)..

----------------------------------------------------------

I had a rather humerous conversation today regarding my music and bas..

<anonymous> yeah, picking music is not a bad job

<cassie> picking?

<anonymous> you _make_ music?

<cassie> I write it

<anonymous> whoa!

not that anyone reads the readme files or takes note of full credits, but I did write the main tracks for the tonal missions and campaign, also for the demonstration of the blackhawk addon - I do NOT hang around this talented bunch of people for no reason, or for reason that I am female and just like to hang around the 'cool guys'

people seldom give me the benefit of the doubt, perhaps because I'm a woman? sorry guys but I do run into something that on a daily basis makes me wonder just how much more ignorant the world is than I had first thought, I even have to correct people when playing online because they don't seem to be able to recognise that 'cassie' is not a guys name (unless there's some obscure part of the world where parents are cruel to their sons). I also have to hear "who is cassie?" from time to time while playing on the bas servers, these people obviously did not read the readme file either

I've had alot more ignorant abuse in the actual music industry from people (even other women(who are thicker than the earths crust)) who think and truely believe that women are too stupid to make music and I cannot tell you how intolerable I find these narrow minded views, nor the women who accept it.. that just makes it harder for me and all the other women who prefer to be looked apon as equals

and just to clear things up a bit, there are 3 female members of ballistic studios including and starting with katerina, myself and avon - and I know without doubt just how talented katerina and avon are in their own right

I'll leave on this note, if you don't feel guilty then don't be offended by this - I'm not a feminist although it would be SO EASY to be

----------------------------------------------------------

ok.. I'm done, no need to reply to this but I have to let off some steam somewhere

thankyou to all those who have acknowledged my work smile_o.gif

all tracks will be made available in future (mp3 format) for those interested

regards, Ballistic Beats Dept. *cough* tounge_o.gif

Lt damamge, forget it, not going to happen. Peeps should remember if they have ever been an ass to bas folk in the past before expecting such things.

Ok... I wasn't exactly pushing for it, just trying to present it in a way you could understand what I perceived NZXSHADOW's intentions to be.  crazy_o.gif

Wow touchy crew BAS are  wink_o.gif

P.S @Cassandra and Avon: You go girls! It's a man's world but it'd suck without women... and their wonderful tunes. biggrin_o.gif

Off-topic: Sign me up! But I'd need a spouse to shop with first, I suppose. sad_o.gif

On-Topic: Please refrain from off-topic remarks and news postings. smile_o.gif

it would be common courtesy to ask and also common courtesy to respect the wishes of the original creators - this seems to be the case right across the entire modding community (extending well beyond the confines of ofp)

one could easy use objects in thier own islands for themselves only, but to post material containing these objects without permissions and due credit would be misleading and creating unnecessary tension within the entire community

p.s. amusing post avon smile_o.gif

I agree with you no permission but you forgot 1 thing must give credit to BAS  wink_o.gif

isnt it common courtesy to ask

nagual gave us a great island!

sleepless nights

tonnes of work

he worked his ass off for this island, and he wasnt even a addon making part of bas hu had to learn!

u only need to ask and give credit

youll either get a yes or a no

we are lucky that bas provides

look at other great games they dont have a community like this and so far this is the best addon making mod ive seen and the last thing i want is n e 1 in the community to agrovate them and stop them from releasing addons (updates wink_o.gif )

addon makers make addons for the community, nagaul is a great person making this island and releasing it, just be freakin kind to ppl hu give and expect nothing in return, he couldve have easily not release this island and only give it to a select few

Dont think this has been asked yet.

Out of curiosity why did u turn off the ability of rebel/militia machine gunners (AI) to engage the government helicopters? Not even the 12.7mm will engage the choppers.

I really liked your music Cassandra. smile_o.gif The tracks have been queued up in my Winamp since Sunday. Some really nice tunes. And having them available through the editor will be great, as it'll help mission makers keep their file sizes down.

Is this the trend now? Will future Cassie tracks be available the same way? How about previous tracks ( i.e the BH ones )?

As for the lack of credit - I wouldnt worry about it, this Community is just fickle like that. You could have Vangellis and Prodigy writing the tunes, and a lot of people would still only be bothered about being the first to spot a missing texture. rock.gif

Nagual - How does the CAS work? I've called Strikes through the menu, and can hear the craft flying overhead, but have no idea how you direct their strike. Maybe a little explanation in the briefing, or have I missed something simple?

And HOW ON EARTH did you manage to make 8 quality sp/mp missions in 4 days? Do you use templates?

Most people couldnt make even 1 decent mission in 4 days ( i.e me ). I think you need to share some of your tips and secrets ( as well as finally getting Spets1.2 uploaded somewhere. wink_o.gif )

Hmm Cassie did you make the sound tracks for BAS isle?

One question i really wanted to ask was why did you use Quotes from the Quran in the song? rock.gif

Off-topic: Sign me up! But I'd need a spouse to shop with first, I suppose. sad_o.gif

On-Topic: Please refrain from off-topic remarks and news postings. smile_o.gif

woah look who's talking tounge_o.gif

ebud your opfor are really an enjoyment to OFP, it makes combat look soo wow

now i must go play and stop typing

Hmm Cassie did you make the sound tracks for BAS isle?

One question i really wanted to ask was why did you use Quotes from the Quran in the song?  rock.gif

What's wrong with using quotes from the Quran in music?  

Sure, most people here don't understand it (unless they're Muslim), but it sounds very beautiful.   I imagine that the simplest explanation is that almost all the samples of Arabic singing that you can find on the net are almost entirely of verses of the Quoran being sung.  

The only other stuff that I ever run across is occassionally some Rumi poetry being sung in Turkish.... but that has a different sound then most Arabic styles of singing.  

I know some Muslims are completely against the words of the Quoran being put to music, but I would challenge them to find a verse in the Quoran that states specifically that the words can not be put to music.  

Anyways, I like how Cassie used the Arabic samples. It adds alot more atmosphere to the music and the game I think.

I just wish there were more African drum rhythms in the music.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Not even the 12.7mm will engage the choppers.

i wish the dap was like that tounge_o.gif

They absolutely do have to ask, everything we have created is copyrighted to us, whether it has a notice or not, and the point of the addon being free of charge also makes no difference, you MUST have our permission to modify or use any of our work.

Not only that but it is common courtesy to ask, so if you wish to use objects or any piece of work from any BAS releases that have been created by the BAS team, you must ask for permission.