Sign in to follow this  
Nagual

Bas tonal-tango pack

Some tribal units would be very nice. Something like those that shipped with the Colonial Wars demo. They would open up quite a few possibilities IMO. Perhaps two different tribes that can battle it out?

Lol, like a cannibal tribe who lives deep in the heart of Tonal with a witch doctor and spears and that stuff, maybe it wouldnt be worth the trouble and work but they cant blame us for being imaginative biggrin_o.gif .

2, take SPEAR from MAN, 2 o'clock.

2, target WITCH DOCTOR.

2, Engage

Damn, 2 is DOWN!

On a more serious note, where would the tribe live? I mean, the jungles are going to be full of TRF, so there's no space for tribes to live. The head is probably supposed to be the head of a traitor in the TRF.

An idea for OPFOR: maybe give the rebels/government forces some little gun boats to patrol the river with.... Just maybe a east boat/pbr w/ different weapons and stuff(ya know, a recoilless AT gun might go nice wink_o.gif ).

Whatever just an idea. smile_o.gif

No, I don't think the Tonali military budget includes mounting AT weapons on boats, because even with the launcher, a boat wouldn't have a prayer against a hidden tank. Maybe a boat with a PK on the back, though we can use the "Boat" for now tounge_o.gif .

Recoilless(2 L's, or one rock.gif ) AT guns would probably wouldn't be that difficult for a small country/guerilla orginazation to acquire(as most of them are pretty old), and they would be very effective against groups of infrantry and soft targets.

Agreed, I think they also fire 76mm Beehive rounds, which might be useful against infantry dug into a treeline.

Yeah, but a small government patrol boat would more likely have a machinegun and just spray the jungle treeline if it was attacked. A boat is kind of a sitting duck for a tank, so if one come along...Goodbye!

Not if it's going reasonably fast smile_o.gif. Remember the Riverine Campaign the US Army/Navy fought in Vietnam, Patrol Boats were used with great success.

Yeah, but U.S. patrol boats had M2s and MK-19s on them, plus there weren't many (If any) encounters with armor.

This is a question not related to bugs or new release dates (Amazing biggrin_o.gif ). Where are the WrpBuddy and WrpTool Beta tools that were mentioned in the readme? I've done searches and can't find anything.

An idea for OPFOR:  maybe give the rebels/government forces some little gun boats to patrol the river with.... Just maybe a east boat/pbr w/ different weapons and stuff(ya know, a recoilless AT gun might go nice wink_o.gif ).

Whatever just an idea. smile_o.gif

Good idea, the river would be perfect for this and they might be some nice opposition for SEALs. wink_o.gif

[Edit] nvm, me being a silly goat... [/Edit]

Finnaly got around to downloading the map, Very nicely done. Can't wait to see improvements with it to make it even better tounge_o.gif

Gunboats were brought up a couple of times and were put asidde due to time and size constraints. The current boats would work in a pinch, the LSSC I did in the nam pack is my favorite for inserting Scouts "upriver"

To be honest most people wont even use everything thats in there as it is, and at the time I felt a gunboat would be a waste of time. Others wanted one, but I didn't.

maybe in the future.

Also there is nothign stopping people from making addons that fit with the pack. I can post a psd with the cammo schemes if people would want to make their own addons using the cammo I created for both sides.

My wish. An adult OFP forum.

HAHAHAHAHA....very good Tankie  biggrin_o.gif

The good news is we are working on a BAS Adult Forum addon.....but so far testing has proved impossible......we are continuing the research.....with monkeys...

Yeah, to be honest boats aren't all that useful. The odd landing here and there plus some special forces Zodiac stuff is about all that is needed IMO. The rest are just bonuses smile_o.gif

Well, BAS should definitely include a Zodiak with their SEALs. As for patrol boats, the Mark II PBR or the enigmatic Russian "Boat" will have to do.

Just finished reading the "Profile" for the island; Nice. It goes a long way to providing depth, but left me with a question; Tonal is represented, as well as Tonali 1. Will you be publishing Tonali 2 and 3?

Not asking when, just if it's on the cards?

BUG:

I am VERY VERY sorry if this has been mentioned but when i run up to some desert bushes they go "odd" and deformed

Great Map BAS!

BUG:

I am VERY VERY sorry if this has been mentioned but when i run up to some desert bushes they go "odd" and deformed

Great Map BAS!

Body odour?

biggrin_o.gif