Sign in to follow this  
Nagual

Bas tonal-tango pack

now that i have been able to play i love the map!

i have got all the bugs as that have been mentioned and also with the Radio that the OPFOR have is that when i call in the Su-25 it comes up saying Su-25 no found  crazy_o.gif

has any one else had this? or is it due to that Jam 1 and Jam 2 thingy?

Yes, I had that in the city mission, but not in the desert fort mission where there was also an SU25...now that I think about it, I didn´t get any Su25 support in the city, looks like it wasn´t just some wierd error message, it actually didn´t load it.

Try driving the dune buggy on that really long bridge towards the big hill. it's fun smile_o.gif

Please use the following url to report bugs, you can post them here as well if you want but it makes our job alot easier if you use the centralised report page.

http://www.ballistic-studios.com/bugpage.asp

SelectThis

i have already know, but thx for noticing me anyway smile_o.gif

wanta to notice most guy not to fall off the highway though biggrin_o.gif

p.s.i was trying to run it on my machine (1800+ o/c1.6GHz, 512MB DDRRAM, R9500 Pro, nForce 2), and it is damn smooth!!!(a little laggy if i use Hisky patch)

I explored the island using the OV-10 CAS Bronco addon; the river system using Colonel Klink's Zodiac Black Ops; and the cities, roadways, and bridges using the Desert Kawasaki.

There's no denying BAS makes classy addons by which all others judge themselves.

Areas of this island reminded me of some Delta Force 2 terrains I had played (that's a good thing).

Tonal has really changed the face of OFP. It's like receiving a new OFP expansion pack for FREE.

The sheer potential for new mission scenarios is staggering. (Good thing I'm seated.)

The river begs the release of the BAS SEAL pack.

The night-time lighting is PERFECT and goes a long way in fixing one of the insufficiencies of night-time ambience in OFP. There now seems to be a gradual transition of lit areas to darkness and shadowy areas in these urban environments gives danger a place to lurk, resulting in a sort of OFP noir.

During daytime, the urban sprawl has a definite 3rd-world feel and you pick up a vibe that your white skin might not be so welcome, there.

Custom building selection and placement is both uniform and varied enough to give the urban environments a feeling of reality. A person can easily get lost, a la Mogadishu. Tonal's towns easily best those of Novalogic's DF:BHD.

Access to the roof-tops of some of the buildings from the ground is sorely needed.

Bunching up of some of the garbage would give it a more human and less random appearance.

This BAS release can't help but extend the life of OFP at least until OFP2.

With no more than 3 vehicles on the map at a time, I experienced NO CTD's and the frame rate only dipped to the somewhat dangerous point once or twice while flying the OV-10 at an altitude of 35 meters or so with 1600 x 1200 x 32 res, High terrain detail, and a 1750 or so viewdistance.

Specs:

P4 1.3 Gig

1 Gig RAM

GF4 Ti4600

SB Audigy

Win XP

Great work, BAS! It's nice to have a new playground!

i wonder if anyone notice/had the same things happens that there is some black place on the ground near some buildings i think it should be a rug or something........is that a bug?? rock.gif

Access to the roof-tops of some of the buildings from the ground is sorely needed.

Bunching up of some of the garbage would give it a more human and less random appearance.

Mmm, agreed.

The BRDM wont shoot in MP the gunner that is crazy_o.gif

I got killed on the BAS server becuzof that idiot. He was a hippy i guess i gave orders to shoot on everyone i found and it didnt budge....

Mmm, agreed.

good idea............but will there be any bad effect? (cause it is running quite good on my CP now........)

This looks really great, i have my doubts on ofp2 beating this island tounge_o.gif  great work BAS wow_o.gif  wow_o.gif  wow_o.gif  wow_o.gif  wow_o.gif  wow_o.gif  wow_o.gif  wow_o.gif  wow_o.gif  wow_o.gif  wow_o.gif  wow_o.gif

More access and pathways thru rooftops will be added in the future, for the time being there are 2 different sized ladders in the mission editor objects than can be used to get onto rooves.

I will look into the mission and campaign bugs tommorow.

I had some time to fool around with the whole pack and I must say u guys outdone yourselves! The Island is WORLDCLASS! The amount of goodies you gave us is staggering! Bravo again, BAS!

Please use the following url to report bugs, you can post them here as well if you want but it makes our job alot easier if you use the centralised report page.

http://www.ballistic-studios.com/bugpage.asp

SelectThis

I just made a bug report. There are some unresolved addon dependencies in the pack. When installing it into an addon folder as a player you get error messages about missing addon bas_opfpr in old missions that do not even use the new stuff (and no jam_magazines) and on dedicated servers those missions will not work anymore.

It's a similar error as the one in bas_repair where the dependency on the ah64 was missing. After putting it into the pbo it worked from a modfolder on a dedicated server. Before fixing it any mission with an ah64 in it would just not start, stating that addon bas_repairh was missing sad_o.gif

More access and pathways thru rooftops will be added in the future, for the time being there are 2 different sized ladders in the mission editor objects than can be used to get onto rooves.

I will look into the mission and campaign bugs tommorow.

dont forget to make sure all bridges are on the right place~~~ smile_o.gif

Ok Nagualwhats this ? tounge_o.gif

I shit my pants when i saw this i thought it was one of my mates head ... imagine the rebels hunt you down and do this!

Are there easter eggs like this on the isle?

ripped.jpg

wow_o.gif

That's a bit obvious for the rebels tounge_o.gif , but maybe it's a good way for allies to find them:

"Go south 1km, and take the right at the severed head on the pole."

Easter egg? That's a grisly thing for your little girl to find while hunting for Ishtar eggs some Sunday Spring morning!

Man this would make for some horror missions at night.....

You are walking all alone suddenly you see som eyes watching over you from the ground ... you sshooott nothing happens.... a frog croaks and you run away scraed like hell tounge_o.gif

Anyway i hope there are more such things to find in the jungle.

*Goes back to the jungle*

i found a scud platform with losts of scud rockets around.. nothing violent but good to have ure scud to launch from

how can i make that sweet fog, which the BAS team had in one of their island videos???

The pics look f*cking great. I´ve just started to dl it with my cute 56k. If I keep downloading one hour per day I can play with it next week biggrin_o.gif

Are there any germans that downloaded it, willing to burn it on a CD and send it to me by post?? Please PM