Sign in to follow this  
Nagual

Bas tonal-tango pack

I love this thing so much! I keep finding new and amazing things every few minutes, like the swamp tunnels, the cave on the river, the severred head, the enterable pile of stones, the scud base, and especially the camoflauged complex at CJ29, I must've flown over that thing 20 times before I noticed it!

The rock throwers are cool, hopefully you will update them in a future release so that they throw rocks at armoured vehicles as well

I love this thing so much! I keep finding new and amazing things every few minutes, like the swamp tunnels, the cave on the river, the severred head, the enterable pile of stones, the scud base, and especially the camoflauged complex at CJ29, I must've flown over that thing 20 times before I noticed it!

What? where are these? I don't have time to search like I used to! And I can't find nothin in the mission editor in CJ29. Is it there? or in the campaign?rock.gifwow_o.gifunclesam.gif

For those having lag problems in the mission editor here are a few suggestions.

1) Turn your terrain detail to Low (even if it's for the mission editing, you can turn it up later)

2) Go into the flashpoint preferences and in the texture tab change the texture sizes down.

eg:

cockpits and objects from 2048x2048 to 1024x1024

(i don't think any addon makers are using 2048 texture sizes so you should notice no difference)

landscape to 512x512

(as above I dont think any addon maker islands are using texures larger than 512x512)

This should help in the mission editor. Don't forget that Tonal is a 512x512 island meaning it has 262,144 land points that need to be calculated as opposed to the Nogova 256x256 (65536 land points)

SelectThis

@ Oct. 06 2003,11:07)]I had CTD's when i first tested...

here's how i fixed that. wont work for everybody as there can be a lot of different reasons why, but still, if it helps some of you... ok, ok, i shoot :

I set my swapfile to a larger value, as i have a lot of addons at the  same time it's now set to 1.25 GB (formerly was 1GB)

Then, i defrag'ed my hdd again to make sure that the swapfile was  unfragmented and at the begining of the hdd.

(for those who have unlimited but unfixed swapfile, you may try to make it fixed and fine tune the size of it)

If I remember school correctly, it is better if you can have the swapfile(pagefile) on a physically seperate HDD? If so, I actually do have a seperate HDD in my box, if this might help. I'll give it a try.

Nice touch with the tree that drapes over the road in the jungle that you can actually walk up. I'm very impressed with this island, thanks!

Absolutely beautiful Nagaul and BAS. Best work yet. I have this thing where I usually fly around islands and as I am doing so I design campaigns in my head. I have done so with Trinity. Well flying around Tonal I thought up of a campaign. The government is Pro US, this government has become unpopular with certain factions either within the military or the population (you know how the sad sad story in Africa goes). Well the rebels are supported by the Soviets/Russians and with the assistance of the Reds teh Rebels begin a campaign to overthrow the government. Now the Americans are involved because an American Special Forces A-Team is in country training and advising the government forces, and yadda yadda. I have scoped out locations for clandestine missions and so on and so on. Only problem I have is I am not a good scripter. I can set the stuff out exactly how I want it, but I just suck at scripting. But thank you for sparking the imagination in my head BAS. I can not wait for teh RSOV for inclusion into the missions I have started to work on.

A very greatful gamer,

George

Is anyone having really weird things happen when you stand over some of the bushes/grass or a chair. The object starts looking like its moving and looks really weird.

EDC, that reminds me of one of the single player missions: there is a billboard sign in the background, that was rocking back and forth. I eventually worked out it was from stray gunfire hitting it tounge_o.gif

Absolutely beautiful Nagaul and BAS. Best work yet. I have this thing where I usually fly around islands and as I am doing so I design campaigns in my head. I have done so with Trinity. Well flying around Tonal I thought up of a campaign. The government is Pro US, this government has become unpopular with certain factions either within the military or the population (you know how the sad sad story in Africa goes). Well the rebels are supported by the Soviets/Russians and with the assistance of the Reds teh Rebels begin a campaign to overthrow the government. Now the Americans are involved because an American Special Forces A-Team is in country training and advising the government forces, and yadda yadda. I have scoped out locations for clandestine missions and so on and so on. Only problem I have is I am not a good scripter. I can set the stuff out exactly how I want it, but I just suck at scripting. But thank you for sparking the imagination in my head BAS. I can not wait for teh RSOV for inclusion into the missions I have started to work on.

A very greatful gamer,

George

Lol, have you read the Tonal/Opfor history myself and Nag put together? Your pretty close to what we envisioned in the readme/history/orbat smile_o.gif

When i try to start flashpoint it quits and says cannot memory-map file Res/addons/bas_o.pbo.

Im confused by how your supposed to install the anims too.

Ok, I've finally had a chance to sit down and play. It's absolutely brilliant. Fantastic work, BAS. Nagual - your island is beautiful and I can tell how hard you worked on it. Ebud, excellent textures - I can almost feel the spotchy concrete walls when my soldier rubs up against them and I sometimes think I've developed tetanus from jumping onto those roofs.

And the OpFor are outstanding as well - I love the voices. I laughed really hard when I saw that Militia Ural too. Nice touch. smile_o.gif

When i try to start flashpoint it quits and says cannot memory-map file Res/addons/bas_o.pbo.

Im confused by how your supposed to install the anims too.

Ehh you don't have enough RAM to handle the amount of addons you have. The 3 options are

i) delete addons

ii) make mod folders (this means arranging addons into different .exe)

iii) buy more RAM

PS. Some of the roads in both of the islands don't connect was this made on purpose.

thats odd , i dont really have that many addons and i have 512mb of ram.

I just deleted alot of addons and its still not working.

any one have a problem with the g3/sg1 scope? I do

Yes, I seem to have a problem with the scope too. it flickers in and out and only stays the same when you press numpad +, or numpad -,

does anyone else know how to fix this or have the same problem?

[Poofy Art Critique voice] Oh, another masterpiece! [/voice]

This is unbelievable! For such an enormous objective (new island, new OPFOR troops, campaign etc.) it is amazingly thorough! I can't imagine the man-hours this must have taken to get ready...

The island just blew me away - the jungle areas are eerily realistic, especially when you increase the fog. The cities have that wonderfully horrid third-world feel to them, especially when you get stick a bunch of rebels and government troops in the middle to battle things out.

I haven't experienced any bugs thus far, but I'm BAS will be on top of the ones that others have reported...

As for my little 56K modem, it went hammer and tongs throughout the night with GetRight, so no complaints about the size...

Brilliant work fellers! I think you guys deserve a break smile_o.gif

Nice stuff.

good hook mr. 5

It's great to finally have a fully-detailed 25.6 x 25.6 map to take advantage of the full engagement ranges of which OFP is capable. To be precise, is this a quad-sized map with double detail? I'm trying to figure out why distance is still giving me meters, but the map grid is behaving like it's a 4x map.

Yes, there are problems with the campaign, such as the eventhandler after a save bug, and the fact that even if you don't save, the third mission doesn't seem to want to finish (blow up the two ammo dumps and the objstatus doesn't switch. Hit the shvaks and it declares "mission over", yet continues)

Now here's a question for you: does Tonal actively communicate in some way (via an init EH or something) the fact that it's a 25.6x25.6 map? If not, I'm assuming BAS stuff uses the DKM elevation-sensing trick: what's the spot and elevation that BAS uses or will use (=the line of code to determine the trinity map)?

To all those with the memory map error

upgrade to patch 1.92

this patch resolves those issues

Great work BAS

Cheers

Although I'm still not able to get custom maps working on a linux dedicated server, I am very impressed with the island and how many people I have been able to bring to my server. Bravo BAS :]

Ok, I've finally had a chance to sit down and play. It's absolutely brilliant. Fantastic work, BAS. Nagual - your island is beautiful and I can tell how hard you worked on it. Ebud, excellent textures - I can almost feel the spotchy concrete walls when my soldier rubs up against them and I sometimes think I've developed tetanus from jumping onto those roofs.

And the OpFor are outstanding as well - I love the voices. I laughed really hard when I saw that Militia Ural too. Nice touch. smile_o.gif

Thanks Hellfish, here's that $$ for mentioning me and all my texture work for all the opfor a most of the island :P

so i d/led 1.92 twice. Its weird though its taking like .00001 seconds to install and im still getting the error.

I don't like that 90% of the roads are not joined properly at intersections!

And also I played 4 missions of the campaign and so far CAS was absolutely useless, is it a problem with the pilot's AI or the script itself I am not sure, but there is no point having that script in if it is not working properly, rather replace it with artillery script!

so i d/led 1.92 twice. Its weird though its taking like .00001 seconds to install and im still getting the error.

try manually putting all the files exactly where they should be. make sure you don't have any old jam files in any addon folder. try removing all 3rd party addons from all addon folders other than these to test.

1.92 creates it's own EXE, seperate to 1.91, so your old desktop shortcuts won't work. make sure you double click the new EXE in the OFP folder.

I don't like that 90% of the roads are not joined properly at intersections!

And also I played 4 missions of the campaign and so far CAS was absolutely useless, is it a problem with the pilot's AI or the script itself I am not sure, but there is no point having that script in if it is not working properly, rather replace it with artillery script!

I don't like your tone, so were even. Your just going to have to live with the roads for a while. We all knew about them and Nag worked his ass off to try and fix as much as could, but to fix all those roads would have set back the release by weeks as the towns were all built before the roadworks were final (and before Visitors nice roadbuilding tools). And re-laying out the roads and then rebuilding all the island around them was just not an option at this time. I think this issue is rather small, all things considered.

The missions are all being looked at by Nag and I'm sure at some point they will all work as advertised.