Sign in to follow this  
blackdog~

Trinity 2.0

Beautiful island. What I perhaps like most is that unlike most user made islands, it has fairly natural proportions (no extreme variations in terrain). Excellent work. I enjoyed blasting it to pieces  wink_o.gif

trin1.jpg

trin2.jpg

trin3.jpg

trin4.jpg

Very, nice island, I really like the valley:)

BTW, denoir, any ideas on how long till the rest of us poor peasants can get our hands on Coc UA?

Hi Buggs,

I Just Wanted to say Great Job on the Island,

I noticed that The Bridge over Hope Valley Is Not Properly Adjusted for terrain Height.... just to let you know.

Other than that and the light pole that lee mentioned,I think the Island Looks Great!

smile_o.gif

To get the bridges sections to be at the same height you I think you need to have terrain detail on Low or Normal. This is somewhat common on islands, but I do think there is some way to fix this(atleast in visitor, not sure about wrpedit).

About that switchlight command.. Cant you just make a script that "switchlight off" EVERY ID?

Quote[/b] ]_id=0

#loop

(object _id) switchlight "off"

_id=_id+1

?(_id==59074):exit

goto "loop"

Then all objects on trinity will be affected by the command, meaning all objects that are a lightsource go out?

I dont know... Just an idea.

Maybe its a too demanding script going through all ID.s?

edit: sorry, maybe offtopic. But there was discussion about this...

Love this island! smile_o.gif

BTW, denoir, any ideas on how long till the rest of us poor peasants can get our hands on Coc UA?

A bit offtopic but:

No, I can't. And it's not because I don't want to but because it's impossible to say. Everything is more or less finished and we're extensivly beta testing it right now. It's however a fairly complex system so debugging takes a lot of time. Also we're putting the finishing touches on the tutorial missions and on the documentation. But as I said: It's a complex system and everything has to be tested under adverse conditions in both SP and MP and that takes time. We're hoping for a release soon, but what "soon" means I can't tell you besides that it's when we've made sure that everything works as it should. smile_o.gif

About that switchlight command.. Cant you just make a script that "switchlight off" EVERY ID?
Quote[/b] ]_id=0

#loop

_id=_id+1

goto "loop"

Then all objects on trinity will be affected by the command, meaning all objects that are a lightsource go out?

I'll try it out..

To get the bridges sections to be at the same height you I think you need to have terrain detail on Low or Normal.  This is somewhat common on islands, but I do think there is some way to fix this(atleast in visitor, not sure about wrpedit).

oops edc,

Your Right i forgot to change my Terrain Detail Back to normal

after i was tweaking my OFP Settings,

so i changed them to normal and the bridge lined right up so now it looks Great!!!

Thanks For Your Help edc!!! smile_o.gif

And Thank You Buggs For A Great Island

Quote[/b] ]_id=0

#loop

_id=_id+1

?(_id==59074):goto  "end"

goto "loop"

#end

exit

I'll try it out..

It's way too slow. Better alternative:

1) Collect the id's of all lamps:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">_id=0

_theList = [];

#loop

_obn = format["%1",typeOf(object(_id))]

?_obn=="StreetLampMetal": _theList = _theList + [_id]

_id=_id+1

~1e-6

goto "loop"

LAMPLIST = format["%1"_theList]

2) Save the game and open the savegame file in hex/bin editor and locate the "LAMPLIST" entry. You'll see your array of lamp objects as a simple OFP array ( [4241 453536 52452 .....] ).

3) Make a new script where you copy your lamp array.

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

_lampArray = [ 4241 453536 52452 .....]

"_x switchlight {off}" forEach _lampArray

So you only have to run 3) to switch all lights off.

Now, that's the theory. Unfortunately I get a nasty crash-to-desktop when I run step 1. It's possible however that it's just my OFP, so feel free to try this out. Also check the short scripts for errors - I'm writing this from memory since I don't have the original scripts left.

I am crashing as well, denoir. Maybe saving it when they are just on will do the same? Try it.

Quote[/b] ]I am crashing as well, denoir. Maybe saving it when they are just on will do the same? Try it.

Nah, it's not related to the lamps. It's the object function that makes OFP crash when you call it with some number. Which number and why, I don't know.

I suppose that some workarounds are possible, but I'm out of inspiration right now.

Whenever you use the ID of a non existing object. Remember Denoir? smile_o.gifwink_o.gif You can NOT sweep through all ID's in OFP's maps as if even one is not sequential (missing number) will crash OFP.

WE already told BIS to have a looksie at this, but wether they will listen who knows. tounge_o.gif

Yepp, you're right. Calling the object function with an non-existing ID causes a CTD. That sucks because it rules out every possibility to find the lamp ID's via script. sad_o.gif

nice looking map but again another map with a MAJOR no-no the airfields don't work....the readme says only one doesn't work but both don't AI can't use either..I hope this is fixed....

nice looking map but again another map with a MAJOR no-no the airfields don't work....the readme says only one doesn't work but both don't AI can't use either..I hope this is fixed....

The only airfield that works is the one at stansfield. The airfield has about 10 waypoints that define different actions i.e landing, taking of and also some are shared. if you want to pm me with your email address i could send you a picture showing you where  the waypoints are or if somebody would be willing to post the picture on the forum ( i dont have the facility to host  sad_o.gif ,)again pm me please, the pic is about 76k.

The only problem i have encountered is that the planes sometimes veer to the left after take off.

Cheers, Buggs

Heres a pic of the waypoints for the runway.

Runway  waypoints

The yellow markers are for out going. the blue are shared, & the red are for incoming.

What i usualy do when using the airfield is that i have a plane already on the runway. i place it next to the taxiway entry point (where the Blue markers are) also this is where i place the get out waypoint when im landing the plane.

However you can start a plane at the hangers, start the plane on the yellow marker outside the hanger, then place a waypoint on the yellow marker on the taxiway opposite the hanger,and another one on the bend of the taxiway, and then a waypoint on the blue marker on the runway. and finally a waypoint to your destination.

as for landing, place a get out waypoint on the blue marker opposite the entry point for the taxiway, then place a waypoint halfway down the runway and then a waypoint at the bottom end opposite the entry point for the taxiway, and one on the bend of the taxiway and one half way down the taxiway to the hangers, then one taxiway opposite the hanger (red marker on the pic) and last but not least place a get out waypoint one on the red marker opposite the hanger.

make sure when you place waypoints on the runway/taxiway they are placed in the middle. also when landing, the plane will always fly over the airfield once before turnung around and landing.

hope this helps, if you are still having problems pm me with your email address and i'll do you and example mission.

ps Thanks to Dark Knight for hosting the pic........cheers

superbe, great art work!

i remember, someone made some security cameras, would you consider to add some on your industrial or military complex in the island? idem with other little addons, a watertower etc...

superbe, great art work!

i remember, someone made some security cameras, would you consider to add some on your industrial or military complex in the island? idem with other little addons, a watertower etc...

i did try adding various other addons, but some of these can not be added via wrpedit and some simply dont work i.e Axes water tower, i added these to each of the farms on trinity but they aren’t climbable when place via wrpedit, so i removed them.

GREAT work buggs. No bugs tounge_o.gif

Sorry for posting so late, but I was too bussy racing across the island. I love it. The new area's could well be stand-alone addons.