Sign in to follow this  
blackdog~

Trinity 2.0

It's another world - large size with plenty of details INCREDIBLE

Perfect work, everybody should download this island.

Veryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy nice one smile_o.gif

I was flying over it in chopper, and even on my PIII-600 wasn't lagged so bad (hi res ver). With included mission was a litle worse, but still playable (not slideshow).

Just finished the Trinity Cleansweep mission. Toughie! I was badly wounded and the lone West survivor.

This island is begging for a campaign! sad_o.gif hint! hint! wink_o.gif

Amazing work!

Already flew around!

I will try your missions right now, but i've surely not enough time because I must go to the driving school and get my practice lessons complete.

More feedback later! smile_o.gif

Just finished the Trinity Cleansweep mission. Toughie! I was badly wounded and the lone West survivor.

This island is begging for a campaign! sad_o.gif hint! hint! wink_o.gif

We can make one smile_o.gif

I think this Island would be perfect for a Twilight 2000 themed campaign if anyones interested.

BM

mines no diffrent from the origianal for some reason,i downloaded it from theboneyard and it was exactly the same as the one before i think ill re-d/l it

it could be that u have the old version in the REs addon folder and the new one in the Origional Addons folder so just make sure u havent got any older version on ure comp

yupe..had some problem (deleted that old version in Res addons). This is incredible nice work. Thanks Buggs...it only gets better. This Island IS a must for everyone (if you thought version 1.2 was good, version 2.0 is BIG). Luckly i can run it without big lag (high version).

Hope to play some new CTI on it soon. Nice work by adding those extra island in the S-E. BIS should give you a OFP-award or something for your work!!!  unclesam.gif

PS: just finished your extra mission. Nice work to. But i had a "speed-time" bug on the "shilka takedown" mission. After saving, problem solved. Anyway, speedtime bugg was handy in some way  biggrin_o.gif

First of all, the island is really amazing.

I was just driving and flying a bit a round and did some mission (Cleansweep, Invasion).

Now i saw some bugs, but it can also be, that those were intended:

1.) There is no path leading to the Industrial Complex on Timberland

2.) There a two or three military bases without connections to the road network.

3.) On Statton Island, the wood looks angulary, which is kinda disapointing.

More Feedback if I encounter more things.

First of all thank for all the positive responses & constructive criticism.

Also thanks to Blackdog~ for hosting…....Cheers.

Quote[/b] ]It still has the same flaws which put me off in the first place. the roads just arent realistic. I mean the road from the airport to the mainland get flooded every few minutes ... no airport would put up with that. they would have it raised! It looks real nice apart from that but just having to ford what amounts to a good stream just to get from an airport  

When I did the first airport I thought of it as a makeshift on that the military may have done not as a permanent one, however it’s a valid point.

Quote[/b] ]Bug report (For me atleast...)

Even the low-res island, with low ground texture and a viewdistance of 715 the map lags like a mother. There is no frame rate loss, but for some odd reason, everything desyncs as if it were a MP game. While flying in my A-10, it watched is pause then pop ahead, and then show up again behind where it had just been, even though the framerate was constantly at 13.

When I went on the ground, it began to actually lag out my computer. Framerate of 1, well more like 0.00003, then it would pop back to normal, all the textures (Ground/buildings/plantlife) kept refreshing, going blurry and then back to normal. Funny thing is this was in the middle of nowhere, no big towns or structures of any kind, just a dirt path and CWC Forests.

I never experienced this problem with versions 1.1 or 1.2. What could be causing this?

I don’t play online so it wasn’t tested, however if anybody else has the same problem let me Know. There are just under 60.000 individually placed objects on trinity now, could this be the problem?

Also for anybody thats having problems with lag. this map was made on a AMD 800 with 512 of ram and a Geforce 4 ti 4400 card. on statton island i can usualy get away with about 48 troops and about 3 tanks before things start to slow down (i run OFP on medium low detail)

Quote[/b] ]1.) There is no path leading to the Industrial Complex on Timberland

2.) There a two or three military bases without connections to the road network.

3.) On Statton Island, the wood looks angulary, which is kinda disapointing.

1. If you mean from statton to Timberland this was intentional. But you can walk/drive from timberland to statton at low tide

2. if you mean the one on statton and the one in near helm on trinity, this again was intentional, I thought of these as resistance type bases.

3. Fair comment about the woods. I didn’t have much room to play with (statton is on the very edge of the game world) and you cant place forests anywhere you like unfortunately, so I had to divide the island up as evenly as possible.

As for more missions, Im working on a campaign (ive done 9 missions so far. aiming for 20 plus). it will be from a Russian prespective, and very similar in structur to the original cold war campiagn i.e tank missions, helo missions, spec op missions etc. I dont have a date for finishing this as yet

Thanks again, Buggs

biggrin_o.gif

Absolutly fantastic, breathtaking, long waited for addon! smile_o.gif

I´m taking a ride in a bmp3 on the complete island, looking at every corner of this beautiful island! (20% done)

I love it! With the resistance textures, it looks more real.

One little thing I found:

tribug1.jpg

---

Big thx for this nice work and thx to blackdog 4 hosting.

MfG Lee smile_o.gif

I cant believe i missed this crazy_o.gif I should have to got you on the Bug testing team wink_o.gif

Cheers Buggs

Well as you said , you only have 60000 objects to make sure are placed correctly biggrin_o.gif

Out of curiousity, how many objects were there in v1.2?

I'm downloading 2.0 high now. Looking forward to testing it.

1.2 was amazing.

Cheers smile_o.gif

Out of curiousity, how many objects were there in v1.2?

Cheers smile_o.gif

41.851 for 1.2 and the finished count is 59.074 wow_o.gif

Nogova has around 170,000. So I'm pretty sure it's not the number of objects, but maybe more the objects themselves that might cause someone lag. In any case...upgrade!  wink_o.gif  tounge_o.gif

How would I go about to use the Switch in any of my missions? You know, the one located in the big military base on Statton. I'm thinking: Sneak-in-and-turn-off-the-electricity-blah-blah-blah-scenario-type-thingy.

Great work Bugs, this new version certainly gave my campaign a nice face lift smile_o.gif

RED

Quote[/b] ]How would I go about to use the Switch in any of my missions? You know, the one located in the big military base on Statton. I'm thinking: Sneak-in-and-turn-off-the-electricity-blah-blah-blah-scenario-type-thingy.

yea i mentioned that a while back but got no response.. this is a must have! otherwise the box is kinda useless in missions sad_o.gif hope u can do this buggs biggrin_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]How would I go about to use the Switch in any of my missions? You know, the one located in the big military base on Statton. I'm thinking: Sneak-in-and-turn-off-the-electricity-blah-blah-blah-scenario-type-thingy.

yea i mentioned that a while back but got no response.. this is a must have! otherwise the box is kinda useless in missions sad_o.gif hope u can do this buggs biggrin_o.gif

Sorry but i have no idea how to do this. In hind sight perhaps i should not used the switchboxes. i should have left it blank so that you could have place them via the mission editor?

then you could have done it like mapfact did in the example mission that came with the barracks

I sure one of the many ofp scripting gurus could solve this or the chaps at mapfact? rock.gif

Just use the addaction command, for example add an action when a player gets within 5 meters of the switch:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">player addaction ["Pull switch", "power.sqs"]

RED

well im shit when it comes to scripts and from wat i saw in the demo mission for the switch it went by the ID number of the Lamps and made it so when its off it does "this switchlight "off"" so the lights go off

here is the script to do a town on Everon

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">_Schalter = _this select 0

#Runde

@ (_Schalter animationPhase "Component02" >= 0.01) or (not alive _Schalter)

(object 53492) switchlight "off"

(object 4885) switchlight "off"

(object 8192) switchlight "off"

? (not alive _Schalter):exit

@ _Schalter animationPhase "Component02" < 0.5 or (not alive _Schalter)

? (not alive _Schalter):exit

(object 53492) switchlight "on"

(object 4885) switchlight "on"

(object 8192) switchlight "on"

Goto "Runde"

this will activate when u use the action on the power hut itself with out the need for anything else added (except the script)

like i said im useless with this sort of thing.. so if they were put in the mpa already it be easier on us mission makers

Wow, the island is so beautiful; makes me want to move in!

As an example, is it possible to control the entire electrical grid of Trinity, say, from one of the industrial sights? And by this, I mean you can perhaps simulate the power grid of the island by making one these sights as the main source of electricity in the island. Therefore, I guess, the street lamps, the airport runway lights or any other form of illumination of each town would be powered by that towns sub-station (in this case the switchbox would serve as the sub-station). Moreover, if you disrupt the main power coming from the industrial sight, you are essentially cutting of the electricity for all the sub-stations (i.e. the switchboxes).

A nice blackops mission can be created with this scenario

biggrin_o.gif

yea. u could but to get the ID of ever single street lamp then to do a code for each one.. remember there are 6000 objects on this map there is probably about 1000 that are some sort of light if u have the time.. knock ure self dead.. enless theres an easier way i dont know of

Wow, the island is so beautiful; makes me want to move in!

As an example, is it possible to control the entire electrical grid of Trinity, say, from one of the industrial sights? And by this, I mean you can perhaps simulate the power grid of the island by making one these sights as the main source of electricity in the island. Therefore, I guess, the street lamps, the airport runway lights or any other form of illumination of each town would be powered by that towns sub-station (in this case the switchbox would serve as the sub-station). Moreover, if you disrupt the main power coming from the industrial sight, you are essentially cutting of the electricity for all the sub-stations (i.e. the switchboxes).

A nice blackops mission can be created with this scenario

biggrin_o.gif

AXE had this same idea. He might still make a script for the whole island turn off idea. He was going to make a substation but that was called off... =/

BTW, you can call the switchboxes to turn off lights at bases by using the switchbox's ID's and such..