Sign in to follow this  
DracoPaladore

Have to go.

I am now resigning from the internet.

I have been through many forums. Through harsh times, fun times, and boring times. However, I feel that I am no longer needed. I have never made my mark on the forums. Never did anything witty, special, or something of the sort. I have never made myself accepted, nor do I feel so. I no longer get the feeling I used to when I am in the forums. I feel small, almost nothing in a long chain of people. I will never be remembered for my wit, for my posts, for my story's. No longer do I ever have this feeling of acceptence nor involvment. So I am now taking my several or so month leave of the forums. The ideal and original reasons for my stay in these places are no longer seen. I drift, posting small things which I think most of you probobly think is annoying. I just..don't feel like it anymore. My face never seemed to be remembered, nor my leave ever mourned. I can only hope that some day I can return. I am barely able to make my mark, my history, in a forum. I can only imagine what failures I have made in the real world to do so. I don't think anybody will really care, nor give a rats ass. But I didn't expect so.

As I said, I've never made a reputation for myself. I need to learn how to do so, both in real life and fake. I need to make my mark on the world. Not one that will be quickly vanished if a hard drive dies or so. I feel that I have no importance in this place, no real task. I feel unnacomplished. As if I still have to do something. But...I still havn't. Years and years on three forums and I still havn't done anything. I have never earned respect from you people. I have never earned it, nor have I probobly returned it.

I'll probobly drift around, now. Flying in and out incognito. I can only hope in this time, that I can make myself a better person. Not only for me, but for you people too. I have long tried to impress, or at least live up to all of your expectations. But I cannot do that now. So I'll have to work on it, so that way I can some how make you proud. Especially you people at the BIS forums. You have been wonderful people of all nations and ages. Most of you are older, and more experianced than I in the all affairs. But, I want to some day help you, or at least for you to be proud of me. I want to go outside and experiance this world for the last and only lifetime I have. So, farewell PlavetAVP forums, PlanetHalflife Forums, Flashpoint Forums. The three best forums on the planet.

Thank you:

Denoir, you finnish devil.

Balschoiw, the Bavarian BattleSmurf

TheAvonLady, the OFP mom.

Placebo

USSSoldier11B

All of the BAS Crew for awsome Addons

The ONS Crew for their awsome addons

Sigma-6

Tovarish.

Bn88

MisterFrag

Major Fubar

BadgerBoy

Ran

Ralph Wiggum

HellFish6

Chris Beaver

Morpheas

SMID

Lacuna

Thei'Da

Izzy

SAmAel/Apostle James

Fuzzy

GenoDice

Stormy

Creature1

KittyKid

Angry Predator

Capt.BuLLeTMaGnet

Skeletim

Beagle

UberBagel

Cronos

Tetanus

Tantalus

Tweak

Praxius

DHM

Zerostar

Capt. Quark

Cactuar

Ozzy

Sneakling

Klip

Crash

Azrael

BloodVayne

Impellios(Pink cloud)

Hazzer

A few Board Guests

Dav

SavannahLion

LAGthemodeller

da: sorcerer

DA

HotCod

P.S: If you are ommitted from the list, it is not because I dislike you nor does rank make you any less or more important.

Cya man, we'll all miss ya! It always sucks to see someone we know leave sad_o.gif

well ..... see you ..

it's sad to loose a member for such reasons , but it's up to you to decide what to do ...

so , have great times , and good luck for the future..

you'll be missed sad_o.gifwink_o.gif

I've always been used to seeing Draco's posts... never thought of them as annoying... sure, they weren't big and special, but a lot of the posts on here aren't...

But, it's your descision, Draco

See you around..... sad_o.gif

[.....]

[.....]

/Gasp! crazy_o.gif

No Gareth Gates must die?!?! I must keep the tradition alive!!

Anyway, it is sad to here you go. sad_o.gif

[Gareth Gates must die] wink_o.gif  tounge_o.gif

Draco,

Since I don't believe I have ever seen any of your previous posts, I won't claim unrealistically that I will miss you more than I would miss any other faceless guest on the forum.  However, having read your post, I can't help but feel sorry for your situation.  I don't want to play therapist but let me give you a piece of advice for someone who has been there.  I think you need to stop worrying so much what other people think about you.  Does it really matter what some 22 year old gamer in Seattle, whom you will never meet, thinks about you?  Granted, we all want to feel accepted, but at the end of the day what really matters is how you feel about yourself, and that's not to be judged by others' opinions.  I'm willing to bet that getting off the internet for a while will do you some good.  We all (and I mean everyone) have our natural talents and it sounds like maybe you just need to find your niche.  Explore some hobbies that you haven't tried and see what fits you best.  Remember though, Don't do something because you are seeking someone's approval, do it because you enjoy it.  Also, when going through times like this, don't forget your closest friends; mine have helped me through many a troubled time.  I wish you the best of luck in life.

Regards,

Wright

If internet become to be too much present in your life, yes you need a break from it .

But you dont need to stop everything.

When i come on a gaming forum community like this excellent OFP forum , it is not to be famous , worshiped ;) or anything like that , but just to be relaxed , discussing about some subject that i dont discuss in the really busy real life.

Just dont take things too much personnal when it come to internet , let those internet forum to be only a source of entertainment for you , not an important part of your life, get some break sometime if you feel it is too much.

Take some vacations from the internet, then get back when you will have enough of real life events ;)

Things are not as terrible to be not known

I am sorry to see that you feel that way Draco. Maybe it is a good idea to take a break from the internet, afterall it can be an addiction, I spend too much time myself on it, but it is pretty hopeless for me. But what the other members of this forum are saying are right, you don't need to distinguish yourself at a forum. It does not really matter what a highschooler in Texas thinks about the guy on some forum with the name Dracopaladore. You just shouldn't take the computer-world so personly. I don't know if you will ever read this reply, but good luck anyways to you, whatever you choose to do now that you have freed up all that time otherwise wasted on the internet.

Draco - in a way I know how you feel, for a time there life was really getting me down and these forums were a sort of escape, another personality, another life. I've also felt that I was insignificant . Recently however, I've found new reasons to live and enjoy life - It can take a long time for something like that to happen, I've felt fairly purposeless since I was 15 or so, and now I'm 21. I believe you're in your teenage years, those can suck I know, but you'll get through them.

The important thing is not to loose faith in yourself. Live life for you, not to impress others, and in time you'll come to the realization that you do matter.

In any case, good luck in life, and take care of yourself. I might also be appearing less often for a while, but that's because I need to find myself a new place to live by next month, and I don't know how long after that I might be without a home internet connection.

See you Draco,

life just has it's ups and downs, I guess you see a bit of the down side right now, but in time it should change. A break from forums is actually a great thing IMO, enjoy!

Now, I'm still waiting for my ups also, so don't feel bad, sure on the forum I got this little VIP badge, but IRL I'm not doing excellent either, I mean I've done better. blues.gif

biggrin_o.gif I'll remember you when you return. smile_o.gif

EDIT: Ok yes, we are all only a tiny fraction of all the people out there, and we seem to matter only that fraction in the world, but heck, if you screw something up it doesn't matter that much either, so you have freedom to play your game. wink_o.gif

Draco, I am very sorry to see you go. I have to however disagree with you that you have not left any mark on the forums. Most active members do indeed know who you are.

I personally always look forward to reading your posts (and not only because we agree on most things  wink_o.gif ). You are one of the few people that I consider being my "allies" in forum discussions.

You will be missed. I hope that you'll come back one day.

Recently however, I've found new reasons to live and enjoy life - It can take a long time for something like that to happen,

Yeah, hope it all goes well etc., last time I heard a friend say that a few weeks later he nearly ended up in the river. wink_o.gif And a few weeks after that it was all better again. biggrin_o.gif You know what I'm saying, the initial shock of having this "reason" taken away gets to you.

Recently however, I've found new reasons to live and enjoy life - It can take a long time for something like that to happen,

Yeah, hope it all goes well etc., last time I heard a friend say that a few weeks later he nearly ended up in the river.  wink_o.gif  And a few weeks after that it was all better again.  biggrin_o.gif  You know what I'm saying, the initial shock of having this "reason" taken away gets to you.

lol yeah I know, been there before, thanks for the warning wink_o.gif

Draco,sorry I am not on your friendlist.

But

I have seen messages from you over time and I remember your name and I have nothing bad to say,you say you didn't do anything but your involvement was something and now you made your mark with your witty statement that we all percieve of ourselves at some points (havent we all thought his feelings?)

Please don't go and you can't run or hide from the OFP blackhole anyways

Hey man you'll be missed, but I have to say as an older member of the forum, real life is much better. You're young, go out there and pursue some girls, read a few great books. Learn the fine art of conversation. Pick up a hobby or a sport. Your life and your attitude about it will be all the more better for it. Good luck and drop in now and again. wink_o.gif

Denoir, I'm shocked and saddened. You'll always have me as an ally! wow_o.giftounge_o.gif

I wouldn't say that you are meaningless here, or anywhere for that matter. I'm problaby closer to it, just look at how many posts I'v made compared to how long I'v been here! I'm quiet here, and in real life too. I don't let either one get me down and neither should you. I just enjoy reading posts here enough when I'm bored, no need to go picking a fight with anyone as some people (being 16 I should be one of them wink_o.gif ) do and when an opertunity (such as this one) comes along I make myself heard in a possitive way. I respect your desision to take a break though, because the real world is a billion times better than this one, even with all its problems.

Rock On!

-Foxtrot

You were brave to right something so personal.....perhaps that is the key. I don't think you need to be important but to find what's important to you...something your passionate about. Anyways.... take care. smile_o.gif

Draco,

Popularity might be important but its a mirage that will soon go away. Just looking at the list of people you thanked, you can see that there are a good number of people who knows you.

I guess you are at the point in your life where you need some pointers in life, and if it takes some soul searching, don't feel hesistant to do so.

as for me, my identity here on forum or any extended online life is not much of a thing. I usually take those things not as seriously as i would do with my real life.(with exception of my ongoing plot to get back at pinko-ass-commie denoir and coming up with better member titles for Tovarish)

It's not whom you are known as, but it's about who you are. wink_o.gif

and I think you have a right mind. smile_o.gif

take care, and drop by. smile_o.gif