Sign in to follow this  
theavonlady

Has ofp gotten you into trouble?

Generally, I'm OK at work with OFP. They all know I'm The Avon Lady. I divide and document my hours up in the office between work and leisure as I see fit, except for unscheduled meetings, etc.

I also handle some technical response emails for my Boss through my notebook PC. Last year I inadvertantly sent out an OFP FAQ related email via my boss's email account. When I made the same mistake a second time, I got a well deserved lecture. sad_o.gifwink_o.gif

Recently, we went on a family vacation and we were stuck in the airport lounge because of a very annoying flight delay. So my boys asked if they could play OFP on the notebook. I had no problems with that until the machine gun fire was about to begin. I quickly slammed my finger on the speakers disable key just in time, when I realized the potential panic. crazy_o.gif

As self-employed it's very easy to do the division. It's like that scene from the "Postman" movie. You don't work, you don't eat. The later the month, the easier it is to motivate myself smile_o.gif.

BM

I guess I can call it trouble that I have lost all my anonymity in the internet tounge_o.gif "Are you the OFP-Kegetys?" they say, everywhere crazy_o.gifcrazy_o.gif

Like once when I was playing Freelancer online as Kegetys, someone started asking me something about Winter Kolgujev... duh mad_o.gifwink_o.gif

I already have been fired onche at an Computer store because i was getting to late ( i played all the time OFP and was forgeting the time ) but no more problems then that wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Has ofp gotten you into trouble?

Hmm no, not that i can think off, i try to avoid ofp as much as possible other then when i play it or write in this forum. I guess you could say that ofp (mainly the forum) boosted my english grade significantly. {8^)

Recently, we went on a family vacation and we were stuck in the airport lounge because of a very annoying flight delay. So my boys asked if they could play OFP on the notebook. I had no problems with that until the machine gun fire was about to begin. I quickly slammed my finger on the speakers disable key just in time, when I realized the potential panic. crazy_o.gif

LMAO biggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

actually when i read the topic i thought you meant technical problems like black screens at startup or something like that (had some of that in the past)...

i don´t have RL problems with OFP, only the fact that some of my friends won´t accept that OFP is seriously the best game in the world annoys me crazy_o.gif

i don´t have RL problems with OFP, only the fact that some of my friends won´t accept that OFP is seriously the best game in the world annoys me crazy_o.gif

Then, they are not your friends, of course. tounge_o.gif

/this would leave avon with zero acquaintances

Then, they are not your friends, of course. tounge_o.gif

/this would leave avon with zero acquaintances

Quote[/b] ]So my boys asked if they could play OFP on the notebook

tounge_o.gif

Thats funny Avon... till Security comes and little Son needs to come with them and get arrested shame on you... You bat mother  wink_o.gif  j/k tounge_o.gif

Thats funny Avon... till Security comes and little Son needs to come with them and get arrested shame on you... You bat mother  wink_o.gif  j/k tounge_o.gif

Hmmm.............

I could've just walked away

Picture hundreds of people pressed to the floor! crazy_o.gif With my OFP trigger finger, I may have prevented a small disaster - or at least another ODD ENOUGH article at Yahoo News. tounge_o.gif

A month ago I was telling my boss about all the benefits of exercise and maintaining a healthy diet.

"It must be several years now since the last time I was sick," I boasted.

She looked at me curiously and asked, "What about the couple days you were ill in March?"

"Oh yeah" is all I could reply to someone who would never appreciate what it is to have a bout of OFP flu.

well I have not been in eny real trouble but I have had to stay up all night(exaturading) long to do my homework.

STGN

well I have not been in eny real trouble but I have had to stay up all night(exaturading) long to do my homework.

STGN

haha, that's about right for me too. only I just dont' do the homework crazy_o.gif

OFP has been responsible for almost singlehandedly lowering several of my course grades by a full letter throughout high school crazy_o.gif

The only real trouble it gets me into is when I'm playing MP and my girlfriend phones me; she can hear the keyboard sad_o.gif

Obviously, if I'm flying a chopper or something in multiplayer I can hardly just stop playing wow_o.gif

Or if she phones while I'm dead, I give her my undivided attention.. .until everyone greens up for the next mission

Playing CTI in mp would always get me in trouble at dinner time. I always had to be east commander, and admin, so I was rather important to the game. But the games lasted so long that I found myself not taking out trash, cleaning dishes, or even eating with the family. wow_o.gif

Hehe, I remember one time when I restarted a CTI game on our server that had been going for about 80 minutes. Hoo boy, I think that if we'd all been in the same room, they might have physically attacked me tounge_o.gif of course I hate CTI, especially when it's taking up valuable bandwidth on a server I help pay for.

No reall problems here, just some times a few minutes late at work because I just had to finish up the game.

Occasionally I'll have the same problem Baron Hurlothrumbo IIX has, but lately I'm more able to manage my time better. I approximately know at what time she calls, so I'll make sure I'm off the game, and on the forum tounge_o.gif

moving ot General.

for me OFP was good enough to make me goto work late occasionally. and may have affected my course work in graduate school.

thesedays i just divide my time up so that OFP doe not take much time. usually 30 mins of SP per day. and a few hours here moderating, not whole but bit by bit.

i do have life outside of OFP world you know. wink_o.gif

A few months ago I called my Boss to say I was sick and than playing OFP at home tounge_o.gif

But after 10 calls in one month they sended me to the doctor.

Doctor said you are ok you are not sick I almost was fired from work tounge_o.gif

But now I manage my time better no money no OFP crazy_o.gif

@ Sep. 04 2003,16:05)]high school crazy_o.gif

Speaking of high school......

Yesterday was my first day of high school and there was a assembly. In the middle of the assembly, I was bored and started thinking of OFP. I started to laugh loudly when I was thinking of Skul's teh crappy mishun. (This is what I couldnt stop laughing at: Armstring Armstring!!!!111 We need to 2 kil peples bcus yu now how 2 kil gud.) tounge_o.giftounge_o.giftounge_o.gif

Opf has never gotten me into trouble, however it does eat up a large portion of my free time, not the game though, I think I've spent more time in total moderating Opf forums than I have actually playing the game, not that I mind though, no other game has been that good that it's made me have any interest in its community smile_o.gif

I should be doing homework right now, but what am I doing? Browsing these forums, and messing a bit with OFP again... biggrin_o.gif

I guess I'll get up early 2morrow and do my homework then sad_o.giftounge_o.gif

If it would help any I'll gladly ban you from the forums for 24 hours so you can do your homework wink_o.gif

Never, im never late to work unless i get caught on trafic or something like that, i can imagine that if i was a young student games would problably interfere with school, strangely i didnt like video games at the time, also i cant launch OPF for a 30 minut game, i only play when i have enough time for a good session smile_o.gif .