Sign in to follow this  
dusand

Combat photographer - addon

I have an idea of combat photographer addon. It would be a man (or woman?) on the Civilian side. He would wear short trousers, a bullet-proof vest, normal vest with lot of pockets, title "PRESS" on the back and camera in his hands. Camera would work like a weapon. He would "fire" - so he would take pictures. And that camera should have to really work. It would be simple screenshottaker utility. I think it wouldn't be difficult to make. Maybe, it would be possible also for OFP 1. Will someone from BIS read my "strange" idea?

would also be something new for missions. VC have taken a photographer hostage and US SEALs have to find their camp and rescue the photographer. smile_o.gif

Personally I'd like to be able to have command view without soldiers. And without that square white thing. Something like 0 pixels and able to move any way you want.

Just for pics for combat photo threads. smile_o.gif

I'm interested in a combat photographer/cameraman which can possibly take pictures through the course of MP games as well, but actually records (and saves to the photo guy's computer) the pictures he takes to his computer. Also, if he is the videocameraman, he can have a small (300kb maybe) "replay" file similar to the way they did it in the Need for Speed series.

And of course, at the end of each round... the screenshots (or video) are played before all the other players if the map (or server) has it enabled.

Of course there would have to be a limit of maybe 5 screenshots and maybe 1 or 2 minutes of video (MP only, SP should have unlimited.)

But other units should also be able to use the camera. like a BlackOp who has to take photos af the enemy camp during a mission. smile_o.gif

But would it be possible to make? It would have to be some kind of integrated screenshot taker utility.  wink_o.gif

EDIT:

And it would be "just" a new weapon, so it could use every unit in OFP.

Next idea! It could have a gunner of some bomber-plane and he could take a pictures of the enemy land - like a spy or a scout. But it would have to have big zoom.

Could be very cool, especially if he could be scripted in a way that he acts as a photographer on his own, he attaches himself to a squad so that he gets into a vehicle when your squad gets in and suchlike, then when the action starts he's aware enough to get into various positions to take pictures smile_o.gif

So, could anyone make it? BIS or some skilled addonmaker?

Good idea smile_o.gif

PS: BIS never answers in the suggestion forum so your just gonna have to sit tight , wait and see wink_o.gif

Good idea smile_o.gif

PS: BIS never answers in the suggestion forum so your just gonna have to sit tight , wait and see  wink_o.gif

Aha...but it would be really nice to have it in OFP. smile_o.gif

Could be very cool, especially if he could be scripted in a way that he acts as a photographer on his own, he attaches himself to a squad so that he gets into a vehicle when your squad gets in and suchlike, then when the action starts he's aware enough to get into various positions to take pictures smile_o.gif

hehe if you just create a camera weapon with a built-in screenshot taker utility and give it to the current AI, you would get lots of pictures of the enemy and nothing else. biggrin_o.gif

You could have one for each side, would be interesting, plus you'd see the cameraman sneaking photos from the bushes smile_o.gif

$33ker @ Sep. 01 2003,10:40)]

hehe if you just create a camera weapon with a built-in screenshot taker utility and give it to the current AI, you would get lots of pictures of the enemy and nothing else. biggrin_o.gif

Maybe if you had an enemy 'spy' (the unit in editor that is east but looks like its west) - also able to be created by directly editing the mission.sqm - attached to a squad with setcaptive true on. He would 'shoot' the squad he was attached to with his harmless camera, making pictures smile_o.gif

yes good idea really ... just imagine new missions with War reporteurs smile_o.gif ...

and they usefull taking ingame screenshots (photos) and movies ... yay excelent idea ...

Nice idea, the camera could fit into the Binocular or NVG's slot and the pictures taken probably stored in some folder in the OFP directory to view later outside  the game, or even on some of the  pages as a Photo Album in the mission briefing  pages  wow_o.gif

Thanks. But I ask again: would it be possible to create it?

That would be cool.How about adding a briefing room, and have the abilty to hang pictures you took, on the walls. smile_o.gif

Kind of a memories wall.

I think that this would have to be solely a human playable element ingame. You can't 'teach' AI (or humans for that matter!!) how to take a good photo. the AI photographer would just have to be for sniper practice!

Vietcong 1-0 Reuters!

I would have to say that it is not possible to take screenshot or record anything.I this hoping someone will prove me wrong.I would atleast make a journalist you can always take screenshots manually with the camera optics.

To Major Gripe: I think it would be just for human players.

To NZXSHADOWS: I don't know. I would like to hear some skilled addonmaker, programmer or scripter....

1) It is possible to take screenshots in any game

2) AI could take pictures as I outlined earlier; you'd mostly get pictures of your own side shooting at things, some of which might be good. With a little additional AI added, you could make it quite good, I think, although not as good as a human

1) It is possible to take screenshots in any game

2) AI could take pictures as I outlined earlier; you'd mostly get pictures of your own side shooting at things, some of which might be good.  With a little additional AI added, you could make it quite good, I think, although not as good as a human

1.Thats a nobrainer

2.Ive never heard of the AI being able to take screenshots.Do you know where I might some info on this?