Sign in to follow this  
dusand

Combat photographer - addon

My point Baron was that although undoubtedly a way for the AI to take screenshots could be devised they could never be programmed to take a good picture. They couldn't react to an explosion or know how to compose a picture, something most humans do instinctively.

Yes, they wouldn't be as good as (some) humans, but

it wouldn't be that hard IMO to make an AI, upon noticing an explosion, to aim at it and take a picture (although obviously that would need new code/ a VERY clever script)

And the composition: the screenshot could be offset a third to what the AI is aiming at, making the pictures classically composed roughly half the time. In any event, there is likely to be something in the picture on a badly composed ai photo.

Plus, it could be a problem, depending on how many shots the AI would take, just think of finding hundreds of screenshots after a long mission. Maybe the AI should just be able to have the camera, and look like they're taking pictures, but not actually make screen shots.

yeah that's right. The AI would continue making pictures of the same enemy soldier or tank becase it doesn't drop dead or explode. biggrin_o.gif

Don't like it ,you can get better shots on your own...

It would just be a pain in the butt!

I would hate to babysit some dumb cameraman when u would need to fight and control your squad. I'd take him behind a sauna and give him a headshot.... biggrin_o.gif

So, I think I will ask some good addonmaker about my idea...bye. blues.gif

Well......I was talking with an addonmaker about my photographer addon idea. He said it is impossible to start something external from OFP. He said it would be possible just if some small screenshot taker utility has a shortcut for a taking a snap on some letter ("F" for example). Then, you would press F and take a snap by that. But it would be better to take the snap by clicking left mouse button.

Next thing I asked him: if it is possible to make an "camera" weapon. Yes, it could be done also with some special animation for holding it. So, it would look like a camera.

So, new quest: would it be possible to make a very small picture taker utility that would be activated by the left mouse button click?? wink_o.gif

Hey, men, look at this! News from OFP.info.

Gummi released his Camera Tool, this addon was first created to be able to easily make cooler screenshots in OFP.

The cameras have a very powerful zoom.

The camera model and textures are very cheap.

But I guess you can also use this addon to simulate a camera man in war.

-GMI Camera Tool 1 is a widescreen camera (using 1024x1024 texture)

-GMI Camera Tool 2 is a fullscreen camera