Sign in to follow this  
SKULLS_Viper

Call of duty demo out!

Personnally and without any doubt , i will enjoy more Call of Duty than any possible HL2 or Doom3 when i see the trailers of each of those games.

Better graphics are not the most important thing for me, else i will not have bought OFP , knowing perfectly after the demo that with my system i will not have access to the higher res textures/terrain or higher Lod model if i want to have a playable experience.

The game I would kill for right now is X2 - The Threat but I'd buy this too if it turns out to be good mp (since X2 doesnt have any).

It will be tough if HL2 comes out simulatenously though. I can only afford that many games (and have time for them).

Oh and I have to scramble up money for Silent Storm too. Why cant companies spread out the killer games a bit more smile_o.gif. And possibly Söldner which looks intriguing.

One item in favour of COD is of course that those fellows made MOH which ranks as one of my fave mp games of all time.

BM

anyways, i uninstalled COD demo from my PC sometime ago...kind of a good indication that i might not get it.

If you look around, you'll find the Dawnville SP demo has been leaked.

It's a continuation of the first demo mission. This time the Germans return on the offensive, along with a Tiger.

The demo seems to have been leaked from PCGamer magazine, who were supposed to have exclusive demo distribution on CD in the magazine's new or next issue. How naive, IMO.

Activision tried doing something like this with the first demo, limiting its download exlusively to - I think it was - FilePlanet. There was a howl of protest and they retracted the exclusivity.

Less than a day passed from the time of the PCGamer announcement until copies were made available widespread by a variety of fans.

Now if you'll excuse me.......................................

Yeah I was going to post a link to the bittorrent but wasn't sure of the legality, I'm pretty sure it's a case of tough "poo" not tough "law breaking" if an exclusive demo becomes non-exclusive but figured it wasn't worth the risk smile_o.gif

Was a fun mission, short but fun smile_o.gif

If you look around, you'll find the Dawnville SP demo has been leaked.

It's a continuation of the first demo mission. This time the Germans return on the offensive, along with a Tiger.

The demo seems to have been leaked from PCGamer magazine, who were supposed to have exclusive demo distribution on CD in the magazine's new or next issue. How naive, IMO.

Activision tried doing something like this with the first demo, limiting its download exlusively to - I think it was - FilePlanet. There was a howl of protest and they retracted the exclusivity.

Less than a day passed from the time of the PCGamer announcement until copies were made available widespread by a variety of fans.

Now if you'll excuse me.......................................

What is it with this world lately with leaks?

HL2, COD demo,the CIA? tounge_o.gif

anyways, i uninstalled COD demo from my PC sometime ago...kind of a good indication that i might not get it.

Offtopic here: Your bunny, his eyes, blinking red........OMG!! crazy_o.gif

What is it with this world lately with leaks?

HL2, COD demo,the CIA? tounge_o.gif

Well, this is a leak of a demo that is publicly being distributed to a subscriber base.

So, it's not comparable to a source code leak from a company's supposedly secure internal network, as was the case with HL2.

Don't know if the link is still valid but I got my copy from tml]here at FileFront (160MB).

Link removed by Shadow

Don't post links to this demo at this board just yet.

Like Placebo said; we're not quite sure of the legality as it's supposed to be an exclusive to PCGamer.

Feel free to PM the url to those who ask smile_o.gif

Might be a fun for a while like MOHAA but the demo just gave me an impression of scripted events happening while you attend a strictly limited rollercoaster ride. Good points were of course graphics, iron sights and general feeling of the combat but I still think it's very very limited.

The newer demo can be acquired via bittorrent from the place which name starts with s and ends with a. tounge_o.gif

"It's only six miles, private. Just shut up and do your job." smile_o.gif

I have no idea how to pass this mission when playing at the hardest gameplay setting and without using health kits. Damn Tigers! mad_o.gif

Scriped or not, it was a lot of fun. Again, very limited replayability but still a very impressive experience.

OK. Passed but there was way too much lead flying to make it to the end without healing.

Regarding the Dawnville demo's URL link, sorry, shouldn't have posted it. Just saw this on COD Frontline:

Quote[/b] ]As stated earlier, I emailed and ask permission to add the Demo Dawnville to our download section, I just got the answer:
Quote[/b] ]"Thanks for the note -- the magazine is not actually in retail stores for another two weeks (takes those trucks a while to get to each location). Reports about the demo are emerging as a couple of subscribers may have received the issue already.

We need to protect our business, and having the demo online before the magazine is on-sale is something I can't allow. That said, our official on-sale date is Oct 21st, but if you post that the demo (and first review of the final game) is available on store shelves, you can post the demo on Oct 15th. This will still likely cost us sales, but I'm happy to work with sites that have the decency to ask! Thanks - Rob "

Thats it boys and girls OCT 15th. We will have the demo ready for downloading.

Who else got the game?

I just got it a few days ago and just finished the American campaign.

Yes, it's scripted.

Yes, it has arcadish elements.

But some of those missions sure did up my addrenalin levels!

The sound and graphics are great.

I'm playing at VETERAN LEVEL. Though that means I've got no health kits (thank goodness!), I do hit SAVEGAME before turning every corner.

I loved the car ride mission! That was one joyride! tounge_o.gif

Haven't tried MP yet. Waiting to finish the SP campaigns.

I got the game since last week.

The first time i played it was on a LAN smile_o.gif It´s really GREAT in LAN...especially the Pavlov´ Map (me´s a Zaichata) .. sniping my pal´s with an unscoped Mosin was the best 4 eva biggrin_o.gif

In SP..it´s a different Game. Yes it´s scripted. Enemy´s often behave stupid or unfair (MG nests are so Godlike, you can´t hide from them and they only target you and doesn´t hurt NPC´s). The replayability is not high.

I did the first American, English and Russian Part´s of the Campaign .. now advancing to Berlin blues.gif

@Avon: i hated the car ride crazy_o.gif

@Avon: i hated the car ride  crazy_o.gif

tounge_o.gif LOL! tounge_o.gif

I hated the German mansion mission? Who designed that place? Red swastika banner on light turquoise blue painted walls - feh! tounge_o.gif

@Avon: i hated the car ride  crazy_o.gif

tounge_o.gif LOL! tounge_o.gif

I hated the German mansion mission? Who designed that place? Red swastika banner on light turquoise blue painted walls - feh! tounge_o.gif

damn ... i cannot recall that mishun .... crazy_o.gif

*must stop smoking*

Which side are you on during this mission ?

damn ... i cannot recall that mishun .... crazy_o.gif

*must stop smoking*

Which side are you on during this mission ?

American. Your next to last main objective is to destroy German radio equipment. The radio room is hidden behind a fireplace brick wall, opened by tilting the eagle statue on the right of the fireplace.

This is the mission where you're supposed to free the 2 captured British officers, who are being kept under lock and key in the mansion's basement prison. Well, at least one of them is.

Maybe you were just a naughty boy and uncorked a few bottles of that French champagne the Germans had lying around inside. tounge_o.gif

Forgot to mention; I completed the game the other day. SP is far too heavily scripted to be replayable at all and is frustrating at the best of times (memorise where the mortars land and run inbetween them in order to survive? Piss off.)

Animations were kind of dodgy too - jerky and incorrect sometimes. Watch the anim at the end.

SP is far too heavily scripted to be replayable at all

I don't know. I would play it twice. biggrin_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]memorise where the mortars land and run inbetween them in order to survive?

I did not encounter this problem unless I veered off the beaten path.

Generally, if you stick near your buddies and hit the dirt when you're told to, I believe the scripting is designed to intentionally avoid killing you outright many times.

Either that or my woman's intuition works well during mortar bombardments. crazy_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Animations were kind of dodgy too - jerky and incorrect sometimes. Watch the anim at the end.

On my P4 2Ghz 512MB RAM machine. I experience the smallest amount of stutter on rare occasions. Gameplay was normally very smooth for me.

I can't say that the few glitches I saw were tremedously relevant. They're more apparent maybe if you play the game slow and keep retreating behind the last corner to slow the gameplay down.

But if you're keeping the action moving, the glitches are trivial, especially for a product's initial release with no patches out yet.

...the glitches are trivial, especially for a product's initial release with no patches out yet.

One major bug is random crashing with Radeon Cards & 3.8/3.9 catalysts. I had to install 3.7 in order to play the game mad_o.gif

What can I say, utter crap. I was very disappointed as the demo seemed promising.

It's just another MOHAA - all scripted and nothing original. The AI is very primitive on its own. I was also very annoyed with the fact that as soon as you entered an area all MG42's zeroed in on you, ignoring all other friendlies.

Complete and utter waste of my time.

I talked to a friend of mine who tired it, and I looked at the in game video. It's crap. Arcade BS all the way.

I hear there is a mission where 15 yanks take on like 50 Germans and 7 panzers. wink_o.gif

The soldier glides on the ground while keeping good aim, and the enemy is surprisingly retarded. smile_o.gif That's just from the video.

It's like a boy band game, even has TV commercials here... every time you have TV commercials for a game here it means it's mainstream brain killing time. Never realistic etc.