Sign in to follow this  
Major Fubar

Sa-11 Gadfly

Quote[/b] ]i love CoC's MLRS!!

I'd hate to go offtopic, but I didn't think that's been released? wow_o.gif Or are you just a beta tester? sad_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]i love CoC's MLRS!!

I'd hate to go offtopic, but I didn't think that's been released? wow_o.gif   Or are you just a beta tester? sad_o.gif

Must be a beta tester smile_o.gif

Has anyone else noticed that it doesnt seem to explode when destroyed- it just crumples instead, with no explosion, just black smoke rock.gif

I noticed that the vechile makes a very loud alarm when close to explosion. I can hear it in a helicopter! crazy_o.gif

Has anyone else noticed that it doesnt seem to explode when destroyed- it just crumples instead, with no explosion, just black smoke rock.gif

It dosn't explode probobly because all of it's ammunition is gone.

euh... sorry no, i'm not a beta tester, in fact i meant that i like CoC mlrs' missiles smoke... sorry for the confusion... biggrin_o.gifsad_o.gifmlrs6.jpg

of course there are too much smoke for a sa-11 missile

No there's not too much smoke.That looks about right   smile_o.gif

Add some flames and you got yourselves a pretty good looking launch sequence smile_o.gif

I agree with Shashman on this one. A solid trail of smoke would be fun, if it does not lag the game too much ... one thing I like about Strike Fighters: Project 1 are the smoke trails of SA-2 missiles. You can actually see from where the missile was launched because of the trail and dust being kicked up by the missile.

It would be good to see this addon develop further.

How about adding the radar dome? If you don't know what I am referring to, check out the previous page and my 2nd post.

just to be clear (again!  biggrin_o.gif  )  hum... in the pic i posted it's a CoC's MLRS...

[edit]

so - to stay in topic - it is to illustrate how missiles firing sequence should be

[/edit]

one thing I like about Strike Fighters: Project 1 are the smoke trails of SA-2 missiles. You  can actually see from where the missile was launched because of the trail and dust being kicked up by the missile..

And in FDF mod wink_o.gif

When that helicopter/fighter pilot turns around to see who dares fire a missile at him, he sees a smoke trail pinpointing the EXACT position of the puny soldier biggrin_o.gif  biggrin_o.gif  biggrin_o.gif  biggrin_o.gif  biggrin_o.gif

And yes, the missiles would look much better if they were green and white, plus the old BIS Shilka textures are starting to look a little dated (they should be from 1999/2000)

Yes, I saw that earlier, it looks pretty nice. Make a nice CTI addon, but it has no west equal.

Maybe DKM's ADATS addon?

The Tungusta is the ADATS Equivalent.

maybe one could make a roland or a chaparral , but well , these don't compete on the same ring as the gadfly .....

And maybe we can use Version 1.1 of it wink_o.gif

V1.1 Download:

V1.1 Here

Info:

Some bugs are fixed, better radar whith longer range... but Rocket texture are still the same smile_o.gif

Fast bugfix, nice. smile_o.gif

Some little(bad) retexture work.

gadfly.jpg

Befor someone asks, i changed it for personal use only.

MfG Lee wink_o.gif

I think that US replacement was HAWK, but i'm not sure if it is in service yet. But in 1985 was for sure.

And i have a question about minimum altitude - can it be set in OFP?

If i remember minimal altitude for those missiles was 100 m, than 30. So NOE flying chopper should have big chances to avoid fire.

I got a problem!!

After the 1.1 fix, this baby won´t engage enemy aircraft by it self!!

I have tested with several planes and the AI just let them crush him.

Otherthing : I had made a small modification by my self, and implemented the Hudson proximity fuze to this missiles.

¡¡¡¡¡NOW NO ONE ESCAPES!!!!!

Even Hudson´s planes with the jammer on are destroyed, because of the powerfull blast! this had to be tweaked, but works like wonder.

If the Addonmaker gaves the aproval i will send him the version i had modified.

I got a problem!!

After the 1.1 fix, this baby won´t engage enemy aircraft by it self!!

I have tested with several planes and the AI just let them crush him.

Otherthing : I had made a small modification by my self, and implemented the Hudson proximity fuze to this missiles.

¡¡¡¡¡NOW NO ONE ESCAPES!!!!!

Even Hudson´s planes with the jammer on are destroyed, because of the powerfull blast! this had to be tweaked, but works like wonder.

If the Addonmaker gaves the aproval i will send him the version i had modified.

I think this proximity fuze sounds very good. In real life the warhead detonates itself when it's 30 meters away from the target.

If anybody is interested, I think there is a BUK-M1 video at rusarm.ru.

I wish the author or someone else would further develop the model. Adding the radar dome would make it look less "Shilka".

Did anybody knows the line to be modified in the CCP. to make the A.I. engage by itself the enemy planes?

Now you can engage planes up to 5Km. , but the AI wont fire to any plane, don´t know why.

Regards.

Aren't those missiles supposed to be more green than white? rock.gif

I fixed the sound problem. A friend and I un-pboed the addon and found what causes the thing to be so damn loud. These lines out of Config.cpp

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

Audible=8

soundEnviron[]={"m1treads.ogg",1,1};

soundEngine[]={"Vehicles\ModernIdle1",db+2500,1};

soundCrash[]={"Vehicles\crash_small2",db+250,1};

soundGear[]={"Vehicles\Gear_Trans1",db+250,1};

soundDammage[]={"Objects\alarm_loop1",db+250,1}

8 is FAR too high of a setting. 1-1.5 is the sound most armor make.

The decible level of the sounds are far too high, I made them this:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

soundEnviron[]={"m1treads.ogg",1,1};

soundEngine[]={"Vehicles\ModernIdle1",db-10,1};

soundCrash[]={"Vehicles\crash_small2",db+20,1};

soundGear[]={"Vehicles\Gear_Trans1",db+1,1};

soundDammage[]={"Objects\alarm_loop1",db+-2,1}

These levels sound like a normal armored unit. I will submit this to the creator, hopfully in his upcoming version he will correct it.

Milkman, you look like a experienced man with the CPP coding.

Could you take a look at wy the AI is not egaging incoming aircrafts at long ranges?

I have also submitted to the creator the modified version with the proximity fuze.

Milkman, you look like a experienced man with the CPP coding.

Could you take a look at wy the AI is not egaging incoming aircrafts at long ranges?

I have also submitted to the creator the modified version with the proximity fuze.

What version are you using? The beta 1.1 engages far more rapidly than original release.

I also found different types of aircraft were targeted and fired apon more quickly than others (A10 was almost instantly, Piper Chieftan took like 2 minutes) This line,

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">irscanrange=25000

I believe tells how far the radar on the SA-11 can scan. In this case, it is 25 kilometers (?)

The AI targeted and launched SAMs at my B-52 when I was 3000 meters away from the site. I believe that is adequate range. But I will keep looking at this file. I am not an expert, but I can usually deduct what a line of code does.

Just an update:

BKM Mod have released their Sa-11 Final version  smile_o.gif

They have released final version of Sa-11. Many bugs fixed, new rocket texture added. It includes 1 Combat version + 1 Parade version

Mirrors:

OFPBase.com and BKM