Sign in to follow this  
Renagade

Schwarzenegger to run for governor

Come on let's not start this "he is so tougher!" stuff. smile_o.gif But actually you can't predict unless you at least see them face to face....

If an actor could become the President, of course he can be a governor. But i hope he will do well if he become a governor smile_o.gif

Politics are funny  in the US,why is there so much hullabaloo over the ppl running  or governor or president.

Some of the receptions they get could rival the queens wow_o.gif

the fact is this is first time a governor has been faced with recall process, and is the second time in US history, if Davis is kicked out.

interesting incidents today.

Riordan apparently supports Arnie.(guess he has no choice) and Darrel Issa, the state assemblyman who funded 1.7 miliion dollar out of his own pocket(he is a millionaire) for recall drive tearfully announced that he is not going to be a candidate.

guess he figured that he can't beat Arnie, and spending 1.7 mil dollars for the drive would get him some recognition in GOP, regardless of who becomes governor. if Arnie or any other republican gets in, he(Issa) will be recognized for his work, but I predict that that would be it. he has enough past incidents that would make any political party stay a feet away form him.

he has enough past incidents that would make any political party stay a feet away form him.

What kind of guy makes his fortune in the car alarm industry anyways? rock.gif

Wow Shadow I never would've known you were a sadistic, disturbed postal 2 player. J/K :P

Is it worth the $50? I've been playing the demo and it's pretty fun whacking people's heads off and shit.

PS: GARY COLEMAN ALL THE WAY!!!!!!! wooh...

Come on let's not start this "he is so tougher!" stuff.  smile_o.gif  But actually you can't predict unless you at least see them face to face....

Have you seen Predator? Jesse pWnz Arnie!  tounge_o.gif

Seriously though, I'm better Arnie would be a better governor than Ronald Reagan was a president...

Despite what many people think from his movies, Arnold is quite an intelligent guy and shrewd businessman...

----------

Wow Shadow I never would've known you were a sadistic, disturbed postal 2 player. J/K :P

Is it worth the $50? I've been playing the demo and it's pretty fun whacking people's heads off and shit.

PS: GARY COLEMAN ALL THE WAY!!!!!!! wooh...

I've got the full version, and I love it! maybe not the best gameplay or graphics ever, but it certainly fulfills certain sadistics urges I get in video games wink_o.gif

@ Aug. 08 2003,06:23)]
he has enough past incidents that would make any political party stay a feet away form him.

What kind of guy makes his fortune in the car alarm industry anyways?  rock.gif

one who makes car alarms early on when it was hottest thing on the bolck. given his past where he was arrested(but not charged) for grand theft auto, i won't be surprised if he knew how to make a good alarm. often hackers are the best sys admins.

his borther served time in prison for GTA at onetime IIRC.

Come on let's not start this "he is so tougher!" stuff.  smile_o.gif  But actually you can't predict unless you at least see them face to face....

Hey why don't they make a Battle Royale fort the president title. biggrin_o.giftounge_o.gif

Some top-ten´'s from the Late show with David Letterman smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Top Ten Reasons Arnold Schwarzenegger Is Not Running For Governor of California

10. Name wouldn't fit on campaign button

9. Robot from future killed his campaign manager

8. After you're "Mr. Universe," "Governor of California" seems kinda lame

7. Week-long budget talks would leave no time to work on his pecs

6. Can't spell governor

5. Has decided to run for Hulk instead

4. Rumor that they test gubernatorial candidates for steroids

3. Decided he only wants jobs where it's appropriate to be "oiled up"

2. Realized his questionable background and dumb-guy reputation would better qualify him to be president

1. Didn't want to take a 29-million dollar pay cut

Quote[/b] ]Top Ten Arnold Schwarzenegger Campaign Promises

10. "To do for politics what I did for acting"

9. "Combine the intelligence of George Bush with the sexual appetite of Clinton"

8. "A heaping tablespoon of Joe Weider's 'Dynamic Body Shaper' in every pot"

7. "Every freeway gets a dedicated car chase lane"

6. "Seek advice from elder political statesmen like Jesse Ventura"

5. "Crack down on schools graduating students who can't bench-press 180 pounds"

4. "Solemnly swear to support the Constitution of Gold's Gym"

3. "Goofiest-named governor since Pataki"

2. "Raise the minimum age for dating Demi Moore"

1. "Speak directly to the voters in clear, honest, broken English"

Have you seen Predator? Jesse pWnz Arnie!  tounge_o.gif

Yes I've seen Predator...Ventura gets his stomach blown out tounge_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif Whereas Arnie slays the Predator and survives a nuclear explosion biggrin_o.gif

Just goes to show neither of you have to watch American TV news- that was like the first sound-byte out of CNN whenever Ahnuld expressed even the slightest interest in running for governor. biggrin_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]  Scharznegger to run for governor
It's Arnold Schwarzenegger....  smile_o.gif Better than that other guys.
Quote[/b] ] After you're "Mr. Universe," "Governor of California" seems kinda lame

It's 7 times Mr. Olympia... smile_o.gif

So,  unclesam.gif

EDIT :

Quote[/b] ] Edit: Schwarzenegger can´t even talk properly. Neither in german nor in english
Uhm, german was his main language... ..

Quote[/b] ] After you're "Mr. Universe," "Governor of California" seems kinda lame

It's 6 times Mr. Olympia... smile_o.gif

I thought it was 7 and no other person has received that title that many times either.

I wonder how his position is on gun-control.

As it is today, Calif is probably the most fascist gun-state in the US.

He's pro-gun control, but not nearly to the degree that a democommie like Feinstein is.

Calif is probably the most fascist gun-state in the US.

How do you mean?

If Arnie does become governor, people from minnesota would have to think twice about their "My governor can beat up your governor" bumper stickers:

Actually, Jesse is an ex-green beret and WWF superstar, I think he could proably kick Arnie's ass anyway... tounge_o.gif

Have you seen Predator? Jesse pWnz Arnie!

WRONG!

Have you seen / remember the movie Running Man?

Jessie at the end didn't want to step into the ring with Arnie.

Movies don't lie. Jessie is afraid of Arnold.

-=Die Alive=-

Anyone should be afraid of Arnie, he's been at it for decades non stop, his mind is engraved by something from his childhood it looks like. He is extremely strong and has a very high threshold for pain. So he wouldn't give up for nothing, you'd basically have to take him out by cutting of oxygen or causing a concussion (knockout as it were) tounge_o.gif ok, any volunteers

Ahh he's getting aincient though.

Is it just me or am i sensing allot of Democrat bashing here from our american forum members? Nothing wrong with that, its just voicing an opinion. It just doesnt seem like you are looking at this in a clear, collected and unbiased way and are bashing everything democrat. You'd be surprised that the things republicans do would be considered leftish over here in europe. The complete failure to balance the books for one is something that the left is accused of here biggrin_o.gif

American elections seem like a farce to me after seeing moore's "Ficus for congress" bit and how GWB "won" the elections. The american election system is one i deeply disagree with by its pure nature. It is unfair, a two party system is NOT democracy. I think voter turn out shows this. It does not befit the country one is raised to believe is the leader of the free world.

On Arnie, allot of things he says i agree with and he doesnt deserve the dumb guy image he has. The things he says make sence ... more so then the things bush says. He would get my vote if i were american smile_o.gif He cant be worse then reagan wink_o.gif

The things he says make sence ... more so then the things bush says. He would get my vote if i were american smile_o.gif He cant be worse then reagan wink_o.gif

compared to Bush, he is a genius. but he still lacks clear ideas on many issues.