Sign in to follow this  

Ask a mod

Try looking again in IE wink_o.gif

As I told Shadow it looks huge for those us who use Firefox/Mozilla but the problem is with the browser so he shouldn't feel the need to remove it, personally I just ad blocked it smile_o.gif

Aha... odd. Oh well it was a nice feeling for a little while any way... almost busting a mod tounge_o.gif

At the same time though, we have strict limits on the size of images to make the forums more viewable for the like 3 people in the entire world left on 56k... They could easily turn images on the board off, but there are still limits on image sizes. It might be a nice gesture to those of us who prefer not to use a vulnerable, standards un-compliant browser, and those of us who prefer not to support what should be an illegal monopoly.

As I've said I use Firefox, however I think it's wrong to punish someone for using an image which complies with the rules according to the browser used by 80%+ of the world, not their fault Firefox/Mozilla doesn't handle Flash correctly, as I said ad block it if it irks you same as I've done smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]like 3 people in the entire world left on 56k...

Hmmm I´d really like to have another connection than ISDN , but the Telekom simply doesn´t offer it. Images off ?

Bad idea...I´m a big fan of the Combat photography thread and Real life photos thread.

And I really don´t believe that there are only 3 people on slow connections here.

I concur, the misconception is that I set the rule to start with solely for 56k users, that's not strictly true, there are plenty of people on connections better than dialup that would still suffer from an excess of images used, I avoid the photography threads at home because I know my 196kbs wireless connection won't like them too much but I shouldn't have to avoid other threads, neither should anyone else, until the days when we all have 8mbit connections the image rules will be staying and the size limit will remain the same smile_o.gif

I just installed firefox and every time I try to click on a page with Shadows post, it freezes. I can see it says I need "additional plugins" but I can't click any icon for it because it's frozen rock.gif

I just installed firefox and every time I try to click on a page with Shadows post, it freezes.  I can see it says I need "additional plugins" but I can't click any icon for it because it's frozen  rock.gif

konqueror lead the way! tounge_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

why is it ok for Shadow to have a 830X90 sig but the rules say 600X100 rock.gif

so if i have a 830X90 sig its going to be ok and no one is going to say shit to me rock.gif

Don't incur the wrath of the moderators....... Oh God, here they come! Take cover!

[Gareth Gates must die]

why is it ok for Shadow to have a 830X90 sig but the rules say 600X100  rock.gif

so if i have a 830X90 sig its going to be ok and no one is going to say shit to me  rock.gif

It would depend on what browser it appears that big in and what kind of file I suppose.

From Placebo's post just a few posts up:

Quote[/b] ]As I've said I use Firefox, however I think it's wrong to punish someone for using an image which complies with the rules according to the browser used by 80%+ of the world, not their fault Firefox/Mozilla doesn't handle Flash correctly

If Firefox doesn't handle flash correctly, it's not really Shadow's fault for it being as large as it appears in that particular browser.  It's not that it appears to big, it's that it's a problem with that particular browser.  If you're talking about going out of your way and creating an 830x90 .jpg sig that will appear oversized in all browsers, I would guess you would have it removed.

Edit:

In IE, Shadow's sig is only 480x50 pixels.

why is it ok for Shadow to have a 830X90 sig but the rules say 600X100 rock.gif

so if i have a 830X90 sig its going to be ok and no one is going to say shit to me rock.gif

It would depend on what browser it appears that big in and what kind of file I suppose.

From Placebo's post just a few posts up:

Quote[/b] ]As I've said I use Firefox, however I think it's wrong to punish someone for using an image which complies with the rules according to the browser used by 80%+ of the world, not their fault Firefox/Mozilla doesn't handle Flash correctly

If Firefox doesn't handle flash correctly, it's not really Shadow's fault for it being as large as it appears in that particular browser. It's not that it appears to big, it's that it's a problem with that particular browser. If you're talking about going out of your way and creating an 830x90 .jpg sig that will appear oversized in all browsers, I would guess you would have it removed.

Edit:

In IE, Shadow's sig is only 480x50 pixels.

ahh ok so its not his fault tounge_o.gifsmile_o.gif

Flash sigs are bit annoying on slow machines though.. rock.gif

Which makes the ad-block feature of Firefox/Mozilla all the more appealing wink_o.gif

are we meant to be able to see the mission competion section as its only for the judges and is passworded

We're <s>playing</s> working very hard through all the missions. A winner will eventually be chosen (unless I keep VBS for myself) wink_o.gif

No use trying to get in. Placebo is sitting on the hatch down there.

more a question to bis but since placebo is employed i think i can ask here too:

would a release of an ofp addon cd together with a games mag be ok in terms of legal mumbo jumbo ?

from my understanding it would be ok as long as the mag wouldn´t demand a higher price just for the addons.

can you confirm that ?

just want to make that sure before i send the Y2K3 Mod to a german magazine which showed interest in it.

It has been done before. Same with missions. IIRC nothing illegal about it as long as like you said, the mag does'nt charge extra because of the content.