Sign in to follow this  

Ask a mod

His warning levels have been a removed, of course it was a joke biggrin_o.gif The fact he had 5 warning blocks but could still post should have been a fairly big clue wink_o.gif

I've been meaning to ask you, placebo...

What in the name of Harry Potter is with your avatar!?!?? crazy_o.gif A clown kissing the screen??

[Gareth Gates must die]

@Balschoiw and Mr Burns

You should take a look to the bottom of this page and the following reply to understand the warning level story of Cpt. Frostbite biggrin_o.gif

@placebo

Unless your new avatar is a red X , i think i can't see your actual one.

Yes it is that, was rummaging through my old webserver which has pics I uploaded January 1999 on it and I spotted it on there and thought I'd use it for an avatar, here's the fullsize version......

CLWKISS.GIF

Very, very distracting.....

Sir, you can't possibly expect me to be able to pay attention to your posts with that annoying avatar, can you, Lt. Colonel, sir?

[Gareth Gates must die]

I was a bit surprised to see the "Game Screenshot Thread, Combining Other Forum Ideas" Getting locked. One would think that such topic could be interesting and definitely on topic, especially as it deals with games in general.

smile_o.gif

Specific games of interest to a wide group of people get their own threads, in which screenshots of those games can be posted, personally I think that's more than adequate smile_o.gif

Yes it is that, was rummaging through my old webserver which has pics I uploaded January 1999 on it and I spotted it on there and thought I'd use it for an avatar, here's the fullsize version......

sad_o.gif

To get back to fake perm-ban;

As said it was indeed a joke. I decided to play along and I decided to only edit my last post, but not to past anything new (just to fuel the confusion).

This actually worked since people did wonder if/why I was banned. Our dear friend Blackdog took it serious and changed his signature to this;

rip.gif

I was ROFLMAO when I first saw this one  biggrin_o.gif But to be fair to our formerly banned forummember Blackdog; thanks for the support, mate!

After Placebo posted it was a joke Blackdog briefly changed his signature into "fake bans are not funny". Pretty funny if you ask me  smile_o.gif

Thanks for Placebo for making me respected forummember (with 5 warning boxes) for a few days. Those red boxes lookes really cool (although I hope I will never 'earn' them).

And about placebo's avater; I like it actually. Looks funny and is a nice sight between al those military avaters and such smile_o.gif

I will never ever try to support someone who´s got visually banned unless I receive a cheque biggrin_o.gifwink_o.gif

Just wanted to help though... sad_o.gif

I took it very seriously as one time I was banned for little reason (IMHO!!!) and I took serious offense to this "joke" sad_o.gif

Why don't we have any right wing moderators? sad_o.gif

Because I prefer to play 4-4-2 with a more narrow diamond formation with the full backs overlapping and the forwards pulling wide to free up space through the middle smile_o.gif

Because I prefer to play 4-4-2 with a more narrow diamond formation with the full backs overlapping and the forwards pulling wide to free up space through the middle smile_o.gif

and in english that would mean???

On the Falklands thread, my link to the accused mod team's forum was removed because it was said that it's a forum rule violation.

Which rule did I violate? This one?

Quote[/b] ]§6)Do not start threads relating to discussions on other boards

What happens in this forum should stay in this forum and vice versa, conversations other than those strictly relating to OPF matters should not be brought into these forums from others.

The rule is not clear. The first part says "do not start threads". I didn't start a thread.

Then it says "relating to discussions on other boards". Mine was a general link to their forums, where there was no such discussion taking place.

What does it mean by "what happens in this forum should stay in this forum and vice versa"? Things on this forum cannot be discussed elsewhere? Things related to OFP on other forums cannot be discussed here? Strange!

The rule's wording is so general, that when someone gave me the links to external flight sim forums for help with pilot jargon, they were in violation of this rule, too?

I demand an emergency meeting of the ForumSpeak Cabinet! blues.gifwow_o.gif

I took it very seriously as one time I was banned for little reason (IMHO!!!) and I took serious offense to this "joke" sad_o.gif

As you've just breached the terms of your return under the amnesty do I have "little reason" to revoke it?

The rule's wording is so general, that when someone gave me the links to external flight sim forums for help with pilot jargon, they were in violation of this rule, too?

I demand an emergency meeting of the ForumSpeak Cabinet! blues.gifwow_o.gif

Yes the wording is quite general, in that way it's good as it allows for a little flexibility, as with the case of waiving the rule for your example.

The rule was primarily created to avoid flamewars between forums, for example in the past we had people posting links to WW2 Online forums telling Opf fans to go in there to tell them how much their game "sux", so the rule is most applied to incidents where there is the potential for flamewars or any other kind of bad situation smile_o.gif

Like I said Blackdog; I'm sorry you took it serious, but that was the idea behind it. I now your (forum)history and I realy appreciated your support.

@ Avon;

Yes, I believe its the rule #6 that you broke. And if that isen't the one than you've just broken rule #7 in this thread;

Quote[/b] ]§7)No public discussion on how the forum is moderated

If you have questions/complaints/comments that you wish to make about the board or moderators or anything like that please PM them to a moderator, we will do our utmost to reply to any that we receive, please remember we have lives outside of the forum so can't promise to reply immediately. If you have an issue that you feel cannot be solved by another moderator then please PM the head moderator (Placebo) he will be happy to look into the matter.

lol, j/k biggrin_o.gif

@ Avon;

Yes, I believe its the rule #6 that you broke. And if that isen't the one than you've just broken rule #7 in this thread;

Quote[/b] ]§7)No public discussion on how the forum is moderated

Not really. I'm asking in what way did I violate a rule and suggesting a possible rewording of the rule for clarification.

Besides, almost all the posters on this thread are rule#7 violators. biggrin_o.gif

EDITAGAIN WITH THE JOKES?! mad_o.gif

tounge_o.gif

Shadow, your flash animation is about 100 pixels too high.

Quote[/b] ]4. Signatures and Avatars

[...]

[*]- height of any image, flash animation or any other signature single element must not exceed 100 pixels.

040925-toobig.jpg

blues.gif

Try looking again in IE wink_o.gif

As I told Shadow it looks huge for those us who use Firefox/Mozilla but the problem is with the browser so he shouldn't feel the need to remove it, personally I just ad blocked it smile_o.gif