Sign in to follow this  

Ask a mod

I'm next, pick me, pick me ! Imagine what I could do if I was doing it as a job!

Congrats Placebo , that is so very kewl

Being the "ask a mod" thread , can I ask ...how did it happen?

You applied somewheres ? You charmed them? Strongarmed and threatened them ? lol just kidding

Congrats on your job Placebo, im sure you've earnt it.  smile_o.gif

Now the Czech replublic can sleep safely knowing that Peter Pan will never bother them again  tounge_o.gif

J/K

Congrats biggrin_o.gif

Tim Pink

Being the "ask a mod" thread , can I ask ...how did it happen?

3am, at the cave, come alone.

That link to Board rules goes to the August 2003 rule update.  smile_o.gif

They're fixed now, although it seems the "sig ruler" is dead so I may have to go back and fix it, don't want to break the "dead image" rule or anything wink_o.gif

BI News threads are only for news items not discussions, helps to make sure a clear message is getting across without room for confusion smile_o.gif

Moderating is only a small part of the job but it's mainly what got me here so of course it (and these forums) will continue to hold a special place for me smile_o.gif

Now that VBS1 is out where do we post VBS1 combat photography pictures?

There will not be a forum dedicated to VBS1. I think its in everyone's interest to keep VBS and OFP issues/posts very far apart.

However, seeing how VBS1 pictures have gotten posted in the past, I don't see why you wouldn't be able to post VBS1 combat pictures in the combat photogrophy thread smile_o.gif

Congrats Placebo smile_o.gif

Two questions... how much you getting paid and can I borrow a few hundred quid? rock.giftounge_o.gif

There will not be a forum dedicated to VBS1. I think its in everyone's interest to keep VBS and OFP issues/posts very far apart.

However, seeing how VBS1 pictures have gotten posted in the past, I don't see why you wouldn't be able to post VBS1 combat pictures in the combat photogrophy thread smile_o.gif

Perhaps a small name change in the thread so no one gets confused if they don't read here?  "OFP/VBS Combat Photos...", or something of that sort?

Two questions... how much you getting paid and can I borrow a few hundred quid? rock.giftounge_o.gif

None of your business and no biggrin_o.gif

Is a certain canine of color an "extreme case" in this new Amnesty thing, or is there a chance that he could be coming back?

Congrats with your job placebo smile_o.gif

You deserve it verry well smile_o.gif

And btw:

Just a idea: Why not making a new User group called:

"Veterans"

For the people who where here in 2000/2002

So other people can see those people are hardcore OFP players :P

There's already a group of self-proclaimed OFP Veterans who were around before the demo. I don't think any of them, save for maybe Uziyahu, are at all active today.

I think that when OFP2 gets big, anyone here now can always meet up back here in the old OFP1 forums. I doubt many of the noobs would come back this way.

Is a certain canine of color an "extreme case" in this new Amnesty thing, or is there a chance that he could be coming back?

The Magic 8 ball says "Chances are good". wink_o.gif

If PinkJackal contacts me he can come back, that is who you meant right? rock.gif

Once again, congats biggrin_o.gif Oh and if you are going to Czech, make sure to stop by those other developers and tell them to make "Mafia 2" tounge_o.gif

Good luck! smile_o.gif

Perhaps a small name change in the thread so no one gets confused if they don't read here?  "OFP/VBS Combat Photos...", or something of that sort?

A simple no would suffice... rock.gif

About the forum amnesty.

Would ~blackdog be able to return? The last post he did seemed to have really P.O.'d placebo (I won't ask why).

Just a simple query... smile_o.gif

[Gareth Gates must die]

Been answered, just read back a little. Try not to keep digging up bad time wink_o.gif

No.

Personally I haven't decided whether VBS pics should be banned completely, we'll observe how the situation develops smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]If PinkJackal contacts me he can come back, that is who you meant right?

Actually, I was thinking about ScarletChihuahua, and then maybe blackdog tounge_o.gif .

What I'm wondering is whether I should bother contacting him. Has anyone else already alerted him rock.gif ?

Well he hasn't contacted me. So far IIRC 2 banned members have contacted me and maybe 5 to have warning levels removed.

Haven't the forums been a bit slow the last days?