Sign in to follow this  

Ask a mod

We may just feed you to Placebo.  smile_o.gif

Yup, rules are getting stricter and the punishment severe band.gif

Say, since the board rules are being... ahem... "fixed"... does that mean they're... uh... not in effect for now...?

*Runs around like crazy, spamming, flaming, creating multiple accounts, calling the moderators poo-poo heads and generally being a madman!*

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">placebo exec "banskul.sqs"

[Gareth Gates must die]

Quote[/b] ]Yup, rules are getting stricter and the punishment severe

Punishment? As in more PRs or more permabans?

Quote[/b] ]Runs around like crazy, spamming, flaming, creating multiple accounts, calling the moderators poo-poo heads and generally being a madman!

Hmm, I have feeling I did some of these while the rules weren't being fixed:

Runs around like crazy - Check

Spamming - Check

Flaming - I've flamed BAS flamers.

Creating Multiple Accounts - That incident was not my finest hour

Calling The Moderators Poo-Poo Heads -  biggrin_o.gif

Generally Being A Madman - Me? A madman? tounge_o.gif

placebo could you pls post the changes done to the old rules here ?

I know the new rules are up, but pls highlight the changes here to make it easier.

Thx.

Where can we report this guy 'placebo' that cross-posted a single thread in all forums? tounge_o.gif

And how comes, his status is 'TEAM' instead of 'Moderator'?

So many questions...

Maybe TEAM stands for The Exalted Anglo-Saxon Moderator?

Where can we report this guy 'placebo' that cross-posted a single thread in all forums?  tounge_o.gif

So many questions...

Maybe he gets payed now for the moderator job, that means he is an employee of BIS and that means that he is part of the team wink_o.gif

Maybe he gets payed now for the moderator job, that means he is an employee of BIS and that means that he is part of the team   wink_o.gif

Not just the forum, but I'll let Paul tell you himself if he feels for it.

His group-title is pretty selfexplanatory smile_o.gif

i bet he hacked the forum.

If the bribe is right I can put you in that very same group without any hacking wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Double your bribe and I'll do it.
Quote[/b] ]Got an OFP mission that will blow me away because it's so cool and realistic? PM me!

We'll bribe you with missions wink_o.gif  biggrin_o.gif .

Quote[/b] ]placebo could you pls post the changes done to the old rules here ?

I know the new rules are up, but pls highlight the changes here to make it easier.

Thx.

Yes, please post the changes. I can't spot any differences, and I read the new rules pretty thoroughly (Imagine that tounge_o.gif ).

Basically, off the top of my head:

-No 1337 (or however you say "leet" - I'm not 15, so I don't know tounge_o.gif ). You must use PROPER English on the forums, though standard nettiquette is allowed ("LOL", "ROFLMAO", "IIRC", etc.).

-You can revive threads over 4 months old if you have something significant to add to it. In other words, if you want to announce that an update is available, if you're looking for where to find it, etc. But simply reviving the thread to say "This is cool" or "I hate Hellfish" is a big no-no. Ask a mod if you're unsure.

-Spam rules updated.

And despite heavy lobbying from a select, highly skilled group of mods, we will no longer be featuring killer dogs, piranhas or placebos as alternative punishment. Out of the goodness of our hearts, though, we've contracted our services out to other, less civilized gaming forums. wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]-No 1337 (or however you say "leet" - I'm not 15, so I don't know  ). You must use PROPER English on the forums, though standard nettiquette is allowed ("LOL", "ROFLMAO", "IIRC", etc.).

OMG LOL no mor l337 haXX0r speek!!!

I must also request permission to use some "haXX0r grammar" in the thread for Teh Crap MuD. The MuD itself uses a lot of it, and so I think it would be fitting to have some parts of the thread nearly as unintelligable as the MuD and its reedmeez.

Actual Screen Of A Crap MuD Radio Menu

crap2.jpg

In relation to the rule changes I was trying to send a "Mass PM" to explain the changes but it seems to not want to work (too many people time the message out I think), so here it is below......

Quote[/b] ]Howdy Peeps,

Please now be aware that the forum rules have been updated slightly and re-pinned into all the relevant forums (unless I missed any wink_o.gif)

Summary of the changes.....

Slight expansion/definition of the spam rule.

It's ok to dig up threads over 4 months old as long as something significant is being added.

Klingon is no longer an acceptable language on the forums, also not acceptable is "l33t" speak, mainly so that everyone has the same chance of reading threads no matter their language or learning or whatever smile_o.gif

Slight expansion to the 100kb image rule. Same rule, simply clearer wording (hopefully).

Any questions feel free to either ask me or post in the

"Ask a mod" thread smile_o.gif

Placebo.

Also in relation to my avatar/group change yesterday we were trying to get global pinning to work again so that I could global pin the forum rules, thinking it was an access level issue I was moved to "OF Forum Team" but it turns out it's an ikonboard hack so I did it manually in the end anyway crazy_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Klingon is no longer an acceptable language on the forums

wow_o.gifwow_o.gifwow_o.gif

Where is our tolerance going to ? biggrin_o.gif

"jeghbe` thlInganpu`"

Klingons do not surrender !

wink_o.gif

Anyway thx for clearing that up.

Quote[/b] ]Klingon is no longer an acceptable language on the forums

wow_o.gif  wow_o.gif  wow_o.gif

Where is our tolerance going to ?  biggrin_o.gif

"jeghbe` thlInganpu`"

Klingons do not surrender !

wink_o.gif

Anyway thx for clearing that up.

I'm too cool for Star Trek, so it's my personal crusade to rid the forum of Trekkie scum.

wink_o.giftounge_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

@ May 11 2004,21:19)]I hate Hellfish.

Wait, am I doing this right?

In fact, you are! This was not a thread over 4 months old, so you have the right to hate hellfish here wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]-No 1337 (or however you say "leet" - I'm not 15, so I don't know  ). You must use PROPER English on the forums, though standard nettiquette is allowed ("LOL", "ROFLMAO", "IIRC", etc.).

OMG LOL no mor l337 haXX0r speek!!!

I must also request permission to use some "haXX0r grammar" in the thread for Teh Crap MuD. The MuD itself uses a lot of it, and so I think it would be fitting to have some parts of the thread nearly as unintelligable as the MuD and its reedmeez.

Actual Screen Of A Crap MuD Radio Menu

[mg]http://www.concept404.com/private/m21man/Images/crap2.jpg[/img]

Thats not true leet my freind.  wink_o.gif (not enough use of @ 0 $ 3 | >< characters)

For example, "be sneeky"? Should be: "B $|\|3@|<Y"

biggrin_o.gif

Remove image tags when quoting posts that contain images please - Placebo.

Quote[/b] ]Thats not true leet my freind.

Yes, but we have to keep the interface at least somewhat understandable while we use it to create the crap mishuns and campaynz. Once they are "done", I'll finish destroying the interface biggrin_o.gif .