Sign in to follow this  

Ask a mod

Can someone please unlock the iraq thread again. Without this thread the forum is politically dead right now.  sad_o.gif

I'm affraid you have more than 12 hours to kill before the reopening sad_o.gif

uhr018.gif

ghostface.gif

Very sad. I respect the moderators decision and I still think the discussion was under control (but there was a risk of derailing). We will see, I am gonna waste my time with research and eating!

I think it would have been civil, i dont understand the mods decision for a 24 hour lock on that one though, because.....lets face it, it was still a discussion, not a flame fest, and if this is setting a trend its going to mean every time we hit a contraversial issue, the thread gets locked....... sad_o.gif

Asking a Mod: Reasons behind the decision to lock the Iraq thread up.

I think it was getting very heated, so it was probably locked to stop people saying things that may extremely insult other members or something.

That's my thoughts, anyway...

[Gareth Gates must die]

Quote[/b] ]I think it was getting very heated

I agree. In fact I think it was a good decision to lock it temporarely. This will hopefully bring down some tempers and avoid further flamings.

I stand with Ex-Ronin on this.

I'm not standing "against" Ex-Ronin, but i do wonder why....still, they have more experience of moderating and can probably sniff a flame war brewing from a 100 yards .... tounge_o.gif

I'm not standing "against" Ex-Ronin, but i do wonder why....still, they have more experience of moderating and can probably sniff a flame war brewing from a 100 yards .... tounge_o.gif

More like 1000 yds wink_o.gif

More like 1000 yds wink_o.gif

You sound like an ORCS addon.

If it was any keener, you'd probably have to lock all topics before they started tounge_o.gif every thread seems to break into flame war at some point. sad_o.gif

Thanks for the clarification (i take by your non-answer, the point that was previously made, IE, you sensed a flame war, stands) Ex-Ronin

(i take by your non-answer, the point that was previously made, IE, you sensed a flame war, stands)

Indeedy smile_o.gif

Thanks for reopening the thread, and happy birthday mate smile_o.gif

A friend of yours steals your car-keys and tells you "you get them back tomorrow", do you then say, "oh thank for returning them earlier"? rock.gifbiggrin_o.gif

A friend of yours steals your car-keys and tells you "you get them back tomorrow", do you then say, "oh thank for returning them earlier"? rock.gif  biggrin_o.gif

oh, yes, especially when the owner of the car was intoxicated.

friends don't let friend drive drunk. wink_o.gif

So, was a joke PM that you were banned appear in your inbox? I remember reading that a couple of mods like to be evil and send that on member's birthdays... biggrin_o.gif

Anyhoo, Happy Birthday! smile_o.gif

[Gareth Gates must die]

So, was a joke PM that you were banned appear in your inbox? I remember reading that a couple of mods like to be evil and send that on member's birthdays... biggrin_o.gif

Anyhoo, Happy Birthday! smile_o.gif

[Gareth Gates must die]

i have no idea what you are talking about. wink_o.gif

[Gareth Gates forever]

Can anybody else tell that Ralph's avatar is a sheep? It looks like a freaky gorilla to me. crazy_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Can anybody else tell that Ralph's avatar is a sheep? It looks like a freaky gorilla to me.

IMO it's an Egyptian statue covered under a very thick layer of dust.

Quote[/b] ]Can anybody else tell that Ralph's avatar is a sheep? It looks like a freaky gorilla to me.

IMO it's an Egyptian statue covered under a very thick layer of dust.

I thought it was a British judge with his wig on.

manplanet_1789_39988851.jpg

[Gareth Gates forever]

*Turns red and starts shaking violently*

RAAAAGGHHHH!!!

*Drops on the floor, twitching*

P.S. I have no idea what that thing is in Ralph's avatar... what the heck is it?

[Gareth Gates (RalphWiggum) must die]

P.S. I have no idea what that thing is in Ralph's avatar... what the heck is it?

r1263946818.jpg

Shrek the merino sheep waits in a pen as a large crowd gathers before

a charity function in Cromwell, New Zealand April 28, 2004. The renegade sheep,

who shot to fame after being caught by musterers on Bendigo Station, Central

Otago in New Zealand's South Island after six years on the run, will be shorn

and the fleece auctioned for charity. REUTERS/Simon Baker

Out of curiosity - are there any wild sheep? If so, do they all look like Shrek, since nobody sheers them?