Sign in to follow this  

Ask a mod

mmkay, that saved me some serious headache from figuring out how to make moderating sound good..

still searching for arguments why im the ueber1337 employee  mad_o.gif  crazy_o.gif

tounge_o.gif

Wanna get a job? Say you're a moderator for some random forum, then tell them; "I have 1337 skillz! If you don't hire me, I will h4x0r j00! ph33r me!!"

It works... seriously. biggrin_o.gif

[Gareth Gates must die]

Wanna get a job? Say you're a moderator for some random forum, then tell them; "I have 1337 skillz! If you don't hire me, I will h4x0r j00! ph33r me!!"

It works... seriously. biggrin_o.gif

[Gareth Gates must die]

yes! i guess i´ll also tell ´em that i´ve worked for teh crap campagin  wow_o.gif

well.. actually i didn´t but how shall they know  tounge_o.gif

[Altbier must die]

Let's end that discussion here and stick to the topic smile_o.gif

[...] and stick to the topic smile_o.gif

ahem . . .

yes

well

the topic title "Ask a mod" offers very much liberty to discuss almost everything smile_o.gif

ahem . . .

yes

well

Quote[/b] ]§7)No public discussion on how the forum is moderated

smile_o.gif

...and no, the topic title does not offer very much liberty to discuss almost everything. Read the sub-heading wink_o.gif

I don't know exactly why yet, but i have some difficulty to read your posts Shadow.

I suppose you wrote something, but i can't really find the will power to concentrate on your wordings for some reasons smile_o.gif .

I don't know about him.  But in your posts, my eyes tend to wander to that stunning signature of yours. tounge_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]I don't know exactly why yet, but i have some difficulty to read your posts Shadow.

I suppose you wrote something, but i can't really find the will power to concentrate on your wordings for some reasons

Quote[/b] ]I don't know about him. But in your posts, my eyes tend to wander to that stunning signature of yours.

LOL biggrin_o.gif They are right.

to quote you, shadow;

Quote[/b] ]Freedom is the right of all sentient beings

guess this means (with your previous posts in mind) that the mods are just a bit more 'sentient' than the rest of us, right wink_o.gif

j/k (as usual)

Whats wrong? rock.gif

I think you missed the brea...huh... the point , while Harnu and Cpt. FrostBite highly trained eyes found it

biggrin_o.gif

To end the joke and come back on topic, i have a question

Have you thought about making an "archives" link to the old forum ?

It is always interesting to browse 'history'

That's not old. This is.

And this is even older, though the forums are long gone. Sigh! sad_o.gif

Older ?

Look at the post date of the threads in the bottom of that page , now that is old biggrin_o.gif

That's not old. This is.

And this is even older, though the forums are long gone. Sigh! sad_o.gif

Older ?

Look at the post date of the threads in the bottom of that page , now that is old biggrin_o.gif

Yes indeed. Must've used the Wayback Machine to post those. tounge_o.gif

Historically, I think we moved over to BIS' forums in either September or November 2001. The ForumPlanet forums was shortlived, having been started in July 2001, I believe.

And OFPN's forum was even before that.

I always liked AndOne's ColdWarFlashpoint.com forums better than OFPN. That's where the "Veterans" were born, IIRC. smile_o.gif

I was wondering... if a pic is over 100Kb, is it ok to post a link to it?

[Gareth Gates must die]

What Scotty was meant to ask was...

2 images - 105kb and 110kb, problem if he posts them or should he stick to using links?

I didn't find, didn't look for, any OFP forums until January 2002 when I found this one.. I did spend some time at the old d-chat though smile_o.gif Long time ago...

september 2003: Hellfish sent me a message with the titel "you're banned" to congratulate me with my birthday

He did that to me too. mad_o.gifblues.gif

biggrin_o.gif

Me three biggrin_o.gif

A bit late but... me four tounge_o.gif

2 images - 105kb and 110kb, problem if he posts them or should he stick to using links?

As 105kb and 110kb are greater than 100kb the only option is to post them as links (or of course resize them to shave enough off to make them under 100kb so they can be hotlinked) smile_o.gif

what exactly is your concern about your signature? height limit-wise it is well within limit.