Sign in to follow this  

Ask a mod

Out of curiosity - are there any wild sheep? If so, do they all look like Shrek, since nobody sheers them?

What is Shrek rock.gif Anyway. Ralphs Aviator is a creepy thing that is scarinf the shit out of me. smile_o.gif

Goats aren't sheep, are they?

goat.jpg

Goat

sheep.jpg

Sheep.

I know they're related somehow, but I thought they were in the same Family or Genus, not the same Species. I will grant, however, that I know more about elasmobranches and African ungulates than I do about domestic animals.  crazy_o.gif

Huh? So a brother goat and a sister goat have sex and produce a sheep, so that the sheep's dad is also it's uncle?

rock.gif

Huh? So a brother goat and a sister goat have sex and produce a sheep, so that the sheep's dad is also it's uncle?

rock.gif

Indeed. Just to clarify, they are all cousins.

I know why Ralph has grown that long woolcoat, it´s for camouflage purposes. I got this rare picture of him during a mission in New zealand where he got his wool off to show his impressive arsenal biggrin_o.gif

NewZealandPrepares.jpg

wow_o.gifwow_o.gifwow_o.giftounge_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

Err...I was taking the micky with my goat comment crazy_o.gif

Like saying adult chimpanzees are called gorillas... tounge_o.gif

Incest?  wow_o.gif

Nope. Spamfest! wow_o.gif

Here's a question for the mods (about the forum wink_o.gif What happens when the mods go off-topic in their own ask a mod thread? Does Suma have to come in and lay down the law? tounge_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Does Suma have to come in and lay down the law?

Either that, or he tells people that TJ is marinating his hat tounge_o.gif .

Quote[/b] ]What happens when the mods go off-topic in their own ask a mod thread?

It warms my heart, for one thing wink_o.gif ...

I started a thread about the cicadas recently, although not spam, it did wander off topic onto a discussion about different dog breeds, now Placebo posted it was turning into spam and should be closed, which I did no biggy smile_o.gifbut if a couple of dozen posts, which many of us find interesting, turn into a light hearted conversation, wander off topic be sustained by asking a mod to change forum title and delete previous posts and title relevant to the previous topic, rather than creating a new topic.

I'm a bit wrecked so I hope you follow me. smile_o.gif

Good night all. biggrin_o.gif

It all depends, whether the new direction a thread has taken is a worthwhile discussion on the forum...it's a judgement call from us mods, so there is no universal ruling...

now Placebo posted it was turning into spam and should be closed, which I did no biggy  smile_o.gif

My post was meant as a warning so that people could take if back on topic, if I felt it had completely gone over to the dark side I would have closed it myself.

As the author of the thread if you had requested that the last few spam posts be removed then I see no harm in a moderator doing that as long as they have the time to do it and are happy to do so smile_o.gif

Heh, you don't know that Placebo made this account. AFAIk moderators could have forumatic immunity in that case anyway. tounge_o.gif

Someone tried to sign up with it today, I rejected their application and suggested they pick a different username smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Heh, you don't know that Placebo made this account
Wooops. I forgot that. I just assumed when i saw it. I do it quite ofen. Sorry Placebo..................ahhhh the new placebo. tounge_o.gif

Not a biggie, but, any chance on updating the link of the board rule up on top of the page?

Quote[/b] ]» Welcome SpongeBob

[ Your Control Panel :: Log Out :: Notes :: New Posts ]

nav_img.gif BI FORUMS » OPERATION FLASHPOINT » OFFTOPIC  

>> Board rules

That link to Board rules goes to the August 2003 rule update.  smile_o.gif

Hey HEY!

Placebo, part of the BI Team now. Way to go!

Might as well take the oppurtunity to ask why I couldn't post to congratulate you in this thread.

Quote[/b] ]Bohemia Interactive announce the employment of Paul “Placebo†Statham as Community and Public Relations Manager, based at our offices in the Czech Republic.

This appointment has been made as a means to improve and expand on the relationship Bohemia Interactive has with the Operation Flashpoint community. Paul’s main areas of work will include maintaining official websites as well as PR/promotional work for all current and future products of Bohemia Interactive.

Paul will continue as head moderator at the Bohemia Interactive's Forums.

Congratulations on the appointment. smile_o.gif

So....I'm guessing you get paid for modding the forum now? Cause if you do. That's pretty damn sweet!! wink_o.gif

Good luck with the move and all.

I envy you.

Someone should change your title to 'lucky bastard'. tounge_o.gifwink_o.gif

I'm off for a couple of days and look what happens? They make VBS1 public and employ Placebo as official staffmember tounge_o.gif

Congrats man, and good luck with the job. Anyway, does that mean you're stationed in BIS headquarters from now on rock.gif

Earl goes to Australia,  Paul goes to Czech Republic, among a few other employments, whos next?  wink_o.gif