Sign in to follow this  
blackdog~

Woodland hummers

Just out of the blue (and ive didten feel like reading all the pages... ;) )

Did you guys fix the missing shadows ?

Just out of the blue (and ive didten feel like reading all the pages... ;) )

Did you guys fix the missing shadows ?

Faber started shadow installing but think only one model got it in the pack. Faber isn't knowagble with O2 so BAS will have their HUMVEE pack out before these will get the shadows completely put in. Mostly it was a fix to make the pack useable without crash to desktop, and resolve a few other issues that sprung up correcting the main bugs.

Raven, I'm working on it (reading lots of tutorials)

I have found easy to make a basic model with less than 300 polys for having shadows, but, I need to retexture the new LOD ? or do you know any trick for that ?.

All help is wellcome (as always)

Flaber

were you able to get the AI to target and attack these vehicles? rifles and machineguns won't fire on these things, like the default Bis hummer as far as I know...

Last large scale mission I did with theses units yes MG gunner engaged as well as MG gunners on east units like VIT APCs Sedemon APCs BRDM1 and 2 as well as armor picking them off as well if they see them. With and without ai script enhancements. Standard bis units and Jam1 and 2 tweaked units. Even recall having one humvee blown from under me by RPG-7 once.

Thanks to BlackDeath from www.ofpr.com, I have uploaded the new updated file yet.

This updated version includes the CustomAnim.pbo file (to avoid seaching for it), and fixed positions reported in the m113 (I think now fixed) and in some humvees, woodland version, I have fixed cargo positions and the number of passengers that can be transported in each humvee (were a pair of humvees with this bug).

I have not fixed the shadows in this version because I have to put textures to the new LOD models,(I have only one new LOD for doorless humvee right now but not textured)

Anyway, if you see some other bugs (but shadows), report here, or email me.

Edit: Link Erased due to some bugs

Colossus:

Quote[/b] ]This is the link to the desert HMMWVs ?

the link I posted today is for both, desert and woodland humvees in one pack.

and the one you quote, is for the same pack, but I don't know if MSpencer updated the file I sent him yet

Edit: As I'm not a guru with those things, if you have a 56kb modem (I was one), maybe you could prefer wait until someone post if the addon have more bugs or not, so you don't have to download a 13mb file again and again with bugs.

And for all of you that test the addon and report bugs THANKS, for helping me improving the addon.

Bugs so far:

---

Both M113 with M2 have a screwed up gunview, both with M60 are ok.

---

---

Both hmmwv's with M249(desert and woodland) and the woodland with M60 have a cargo problem.

It should hold 5 men, but 7 can enter the vehicles. Only 5 are viewable.

---

The desert hmmwv with M60 is fine, 5men can enter the vehicle, not more.

All other hmmwv's cargo looks fine to me.

MfG Lee

Colossus:
Quote[/b] ]This is the link to the desert HMMWVs ?

the link I posted today is for both, desert and woodland humvees in one pack.

and the one you quote, is for the same pack, but I don't know if MSpencer updated the file I sent him yet

The link work, but the downloading don't work.

The link is broken.

And the one you posted to day you have closed due to bugs.

So I really don't have any choice but to ask.

Colossus, I'm working right now so maybe in two hours I've fixed the bugs that Lee_H_Oswald told me.

I have problems with the M2 close view, in the m113.

So two hours for an updated file again.

This time I have been also working in the anims, I made a CustomAnimMTP.pbo with anim names changed, I hope this fix the cargo position incompatibilites with other addons. (It works for me right now)

Flaber,

Could you also start adding a version number to your addon file releases?  It's getting quite confusing keeping track of which is the current version.  i.e. humveesv1.0.rar, humveesv1.1.rar, etc

Thanks

Rudedog

Bugs so far:

---

Both M113 with M2 have a screwed up gunview, both with M60 are ok.

---

Wouldn't this problem come from the configuration part where you have the atributes to the sights?

Just wondering.

I had problems with other addons a while back and it was to do with the configuration.

Quote[/b] ]---

Both hmmwv's with M249(desert and woodland) and the woodland with M60 have a cargo problem.

---

All other hmmwv's cargo looks fine to me.

MfG Lee

I think I remember somebody pointing this out somewhere sometime ago. If I remember right, it was something to do with the cargo proxies being togueder or something like that.

Don't take me for something that I'm not, I'm just tallking through my A##, I don't have a clue about modeling and proxies, but I think I understand who the proxies would work biggrin_o.gif

Could it be possible that whoever made the model pasted a proxie by accident right on top of another one? so you would get two units in the same space at the same time but only one would be visible. smile_o.gif

I'm sure I got it all wrong biggrin_o.gif

@CERO.

I have been working all the day, but finally, I have these conclusions:

Quote[/b] ]Both M113 with M2 have a screwed up gunview, both with M60 are ok

ALL M113 had Memory LOD for guns in wrong positions, now fixed.

Quote[/b] ]Both hmmwv's with M249(desert and woodland) and the woodland with M60 have a cargo problem.

---

All other hmmwv's cargo looks fine to me

Was another cpp issue, and is now fixed too.(I hope because I reviewed 10 times today)

Quote[/b] ]Could you also start adding a version number to your addon file releases?  It's getting quite confusing keeping track of which is the current version.  i.e. humveesv1.0.rar, humveesv1.1.rar, etc

Ok Rudedog, this release version will be 0.5v, (not 1 because not completed) so, humvees05v.rar will be the last version of the humvees at this date, 15/03/2004 (dd/mm/yyyy)

finally, for all of you that still having cargo possitions problems, people in stand up position when should be seat, I have change all anim names and make a custom file, that is included in the pack.

I'm already making the pbo's. so In an hour more or less I will put the link again.

Muy bien Flaber!! biggrin_o.gif

Spanish REME.

I seem to be close in my sugestions, but the other way round crazy_o.gif .

I know what I'm tallking about, I'm not crazy crazy_o.gifcrazy_o.gifghostface.gifcrazy_o.gifcrazy_o.gif

Lol, just J/K

@CERO.

Bueno.. ya estan los humvees listos para descargar (just kidding)

Here do you have the humvees ready to download wink_o.gif

-->>>>>>Take the humvees, click meˇ (ˇpinchameˇ)<<<<<<--

Ok... give me a break, post the bugs and give me a week for some vacations   biggrin_o.gif

I hope less bugs than before, becuse I really don't know if I making more bugs than the pack really have at the begining.  crazy_o.gif

Edit: Please, read the readme.txt, It's included for some strange reason wow_o.gif

I'm downloading now. I'll have a crak at it tomorrow after work, right now I need my bed.

I'll let you know if I come across something.

Hasta mańana.(CYA tomorrow)

@CERO.

i was a lil skeptical at first. every single hummer pack i tried casued CTD. but. . .this one. . .actualy works. . perfectly. small light bug (lights always on) but i dont care about that. just gotta pimp it out for personal use. and i think i may just have me a kick ass new hummer biggrin_o.gif thanks alot m8

small light bug (lights always on)

I don´t have this bug. Light is ok.

---

Gun view on M113 with M2 is not perfect, but ok.

No other bugs found. I keep searching. wink_o.gif

MfG Lee smile_o.gif