Sign in to follow this  
blackdog~

Woodland hummers

m21man, if you see the pictures i have post or linked, you will see that there is no shadows, so in conclusion.. need to be added.

to make the shadows you have to make different LOD until one of them has less than 300 faces, at this point the shadows could appear in the game,but i don't know how to make more LOD. rock.gif

Personally I don't really care if it has a shadow or naught. That's something I don't even notice on addons. It would be nice however to have at least a couple more LOD's to cut down on CPU usage.

Its actually really easy to make other LOD's. You might De-PBO some other unbinarized vehicle addons to get an idea of how they're done. Basically with each LOD you just take off little bits of the model that add detail to the model so that the farther away you get (or the more CPU usage you use by using lots of units) the more details the computer automatically removes from the model. It's a bit tricky however to do well. Sometimes it doesn't look to good if you do it badly which is why you have to be careful that it still looks like a humvee more or less even in the last LOD's. Otherwise when you make a mission with lots of vehicles and soldiers and your CPU is working hard, the Humvee might be right next to you and it will look very crude because the computer is dropping the model down to a simpler LOD with much less faces.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

If i make a video -> could someone host it żż?? my server is limited to 3 MB files.

Sure, Just send me a pm when your rdy smile_o.gif

hello everyone, i have some news.

First: another bug fixed, i think many people have this error when playing with m249 humvees, open and closed version:

"cannot load mipmap rlf_hmwv/gun/back2.pac", I also have this error when I put gun textures in des_west.pbo. This error is showed due to a corrupted file (back2.pac), so i fixed the file and here is a link:

back2.pac fixed

another link is a fixed config.cpp for woodland pack, with BIS west soldiers (thanks to fighter).

config.cpp (woodland pack)

to fix the pack, unbpo, replace the back2.pac, (and config.cpp if needed) and repbo

Second: I have no news from marfy and galcomt, if any of you knows his emails (one that works), if yes, please PM me.

Third: I really need help if you want more LOD in humvees, not only because its hard for me to make a single LOD. if i have to make 3, 4 or 5 LOD more per humvee and i have nearly 20 diferent humvees,that means that i have to make between 60 and 100 LOD,and I'm alone.

ill be glad when this big mess is over and you can post up a zip or rar file of the entire pbo without doing all the pbo'ing and what not.. its just not so "user-friendly".

Marfy gives me permision for release, but I still needed GalcomT's. (THANKS MARFY)

Please if someone can give me his email... it will be great. Nathanz, we are working on the video wink_o.gif

I have found a link to the original desert humvees:

http://www.ofpnews.info/ofp/modules/mydownloads/singlefile.php?lid=78

Have the original bugs, but for all of you that don't have the humvees, and wanted, you could download and fixed yourself with the previous posts explanations, at least until galcomt give me permision to release them.

Don't suppose you have a link that isn't to some thrice-damned paysite?

(I'll forego playing OFP before giving money to SPAMplanet>

i never gave them money, and i can download from them. anyways, them old humvees are still kinda shifty. doesnt ofp. info have them?

You only pay for the extra fast dloads where you dont have to wait in line.

Most times (depending on the time) you dont wait and its pretty fast.

I've never paid.

ABT THE SHADOWS

you need one of the last LOD the have a count of max 300 points then you got a lod for shadow

Later today ill add the exact stuff you need to do (text here .. im not tuching the model ;) )

Thanks RavenDK, I know I have to reduce the number of faces, It's just to hard for me to make them, as i have never used a 3d soft.(I'm learning how doing, so all help is very Wellcome)

pzvg

Quote[/b] ]Don't suppose you have a link that isn't to some thrice-damned paysite?

I have download them without paying before post the link to be sure that the links was ok, as CanadianTerror says, you only have to wait a little.

Just finished reading thru all the 25 pages of this thread,

and i would like to quote a few things for you Flaber, that

could probably speed up the realease of these extremely

WANTED humvees  smile_o.gif

Here's some stuff about who keeps his hands on these humvees:

Quote[/b] ]

Author:  blackdog

Description:  GalComT - original model

Rifleman - new textures (woodland)

blackdog - texture path changing, small config changes, uploading :]

Scorpio - making a snorkel + exhaust pipe (will be used in next version)

This pack includes 8 HMMWV's along with two M113's.

OK, from here it looks like blackdog has to be asked for permission. AFAIK Blackdog has left the OFP comunity due to

some stuff going wrong here on the forums. At least he won't

do anything anymore for the OFP comunity. Since the date

of this release is already way long ago, and nobody was

talking about no permissions yet, it may not be a big problem

for the authors being mentioned in the description above.

However, i found a reply from Blackdog to a Landwarrior87, asking what we waiting for here - on July 15th:

Quote (Landwarrior87 @ July 15 2003,09:32)

Quote[/b] ]so the only thing were waiting for is marfy permission...

Blackdog anwered:

Quote[/b] ]and rifleman to finish the fire geometry lods and shadows and *maybe* another version of the hummer.

OK, Marfy has given permission already,

so it's now Rifleman finishing his work, we are waiting for.

Well, then there was Riflemans post on August the 2nd:

Quote[/b] ]i just got back from a week long vacation, and now im gonna be real busy for the next few weeks, then i start college, so im not gonna have much time for this kinda stuff anymore

so if these are gonna get done, someone else is gonna have to do it, but im sure somebody here could get it done fast, just fix the fire geos and the animations

Where Landwarrior87 was asking again on August the 2nd:

Quote[/b] ]perhaps rifleman you can get fighter to release his that he was trying to release before? perhaps...

Ansered straight by Rifleman one hour later:

Quote[/b] ]fighter can release them if he wants to

doesnt bother me

Looks to me like: permission has been given that date for somebody else to release these babies  smile_o.gif

P.S: I'm noone who would want ppl to release stuff, borrowed

or stolen from others without having permission, but in this

case i believe it's no more a problem.

I would suggest in case you release them without an answer

from Galcom T. you could add something into the readme,

where it says something like:

Quote[/b] ]

This is only a fix of an already released project, it's not that i want to earn anything out of it other than to have made one of the "most wanted" projects being available to the comunity. If there is anyone having a problem with that, please contact me at ..blabla.. and i'll drop this release back again. I have done and researched everything and everywhere i could to get the right permission, so if anything went wrong here, i feel really sorry for that and i will cut the links again.

I don't think it could cause a big problem, if you would do it

that way. wink_o.gif

What do you think guys, and especially you Flaber?

~S~ CD

agreed with the post above, its no longer a problem anymore it would be for the good of the community for someone to finish these not stolen work.

I also agree that these puppies need to be released.

If GalCom hasn't replied by now, he's not going to reply most likely. Just give him proper credit since you did your best to contact him and lets get these puppies out there. But please leave them un-binarized so that other mods can further develop them into new versions (like with Mk-19's, ambulance versions, versions with smoke launchers, ect...).

Thx!

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

There was an issue with backdog wanting permission as well.

I think that has been or will be resolved by now. rock.gif

If galcom doesnt respond to emails or isnt around then I think its fair to credit him in the readme and go ahead and release.

IMO

...Im sure looking forward to these!

Yeeehaaawww,I've fixed the pack with the new config.cpp file and they work with no problems.

Flaber,thx because you took the time to fix these babies. smile_o.gif

Hello, I had talk with Blackdog, (thanks to CanadianTerror), and he gives me permision, he said:"Please continue on, I'd like to see these working too."

It was a missunderstanding due to a non-working email. but everything is resolved.

frk19732001 I have 2 files in pbo format with the config.cpp's but only with the config files one for woodland and one for desert, the only problem it's that you will have the humvees twice (the original will not work correctly but the new ones will do it) and you don't need to unpbo an repbo. (a friendly solution for the ctd bug I hope).

But the main problem is that my server goes down so I can't upload the files. big problem. If you guys can't download the config.cpp posted here .. well thats was the reason.

Forgive me, that I'm too lazy to read back all the 25 pages, but I'm curious what's current status of this addon? Has the old CTD issues been sorted out by config.cpp posted on the previous page or do they need altering models?? Anyway, I'm looking forward to release.

CTD is fixed. no need for alter models (was a cpp bug)

Status of the addon, well....... finished

Only need extra LOD and permision for galcomt,because marfi and Blackdog already gave me, If GalcomT doesn't answer me this week I will release next monday on March 8th.

I think that I have done the things in the right way, asking every author. If any of you have an opposite opinion to this release, please post here.

One question, do you prefer an autoinstaller,(in res/addons folder) or a zip file?.