Sign in to follow this  
blackdog~

Woodland hummers

ZIP please. smile_o.gif Last thing I need is the cluttering up of my registry. I think people here are smart enough to install it on their own.

Well done mate, good of you to keep at it and fix this good addon.

ZIP format would be great,

and one more thing........

'has a quick look around'

Release it now mate!

biggrin_o.gif

Just kidding in your own time

As my previous post already says: you went to your limits

by asking for permissions, so i also don't have any bad

feelings for a release of the hummers.

Lookin forward to march 8th smile_o.gif

~S~CD

Ahhh, thanks for your reply, mate smile_o.gif

I'm happy we'll finally have some working humvees and I'd also prefer ZIP version, no g**d*** installers! wink_o.gif

** me goes to figure out how to change BAS H-60 choppers cargo script to include new hummers ** wink_o.gif

ag_smith

Quote[/b] ]me goes to figure out how to change BAS H-60 choppers cargo script to include new hummers

Maybe I can help you with this.

Actually it's not that difficult, the script that does the job is located at bas_mah60.pbo\scripts\bas_60sling.sqs and all that's needed is just adding a few additional lines here:<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

(...)

_heavycargo1= nearestObject [ _helo, "hmmwv"]

; **** NEW CODE ****

?(_heavycargo1 distance  _helo > 15):_heavycargo1= nearestObject [ _helo, "rflHMMWVtt"]

?(_heavycargo1 distance  _helo > 15):_heavycargo1= nearestObject [ _helo, "rflHMMWVopen"]

;and so on....

;*** REST OF THE CODE ***

(....)

That's all I came up with after a quick look, but don't have time to check it out at the moment so I might be wrong. Maybe some BAS member could confirm if that's correct.

I wish BAS could make it simpler by leting you add vehicles as cargo by puting it in the init to execute the script.

This way you could use any vehicle.. Same for the Chinooks.

BTW I prefere Zip or Rar. Instalers can be a bad thing sometimes.

Good job mate.

@CERO.

Forget the installer, any common packer would be better solution. However the less KBs the pack has the more Dial up guys are happier, so i would go for RAR/ACE rather than ZIP.

hmmwv.jpg

The sling is somewhat missaligned but who cares... If anybody wants to update bas_mah60.pbo manually, here's the script: Click me!.

Enjoy wink_o.gif

EDIT: Script updated to work with desert versions of HMMWVs.

very very nice Ag_smith

Edit 1: I have take your code and added the desert humvees to the script, can I send you the file? my server still down

ok I just got these today (the original ones) and I haven't had a problem with them I read all 26 pages and have tried each humvee in the woodland pack and no CTD's. I gownloaded from atwar.net. Was this one fixed?

Did you shoot your humvees? , the ones with the m60 and the m249 until destroyed, if no CTD, -> fixed version.

then it must be the fixed version because it got dedtroyed run I tried to ram through two squads of Russian infantry.

Ok,no big deal but I found a small bug,the Humvee with M60 has 3 clips of ammo,well if you remain without ammo and rearm at the trucks,the ammo truck will reload only a clip wich is too little for me(I like to shoot a lot biggrin_o.gif ).

Could this bug be fixed easy??

ok I just got these today (the original ones) and I haven't had a problem with them  I read all 26 pages and have tried each humvee in the woodland pack and no CTD's.  I gownloaded from atwar.net.  Was this one fixed?

Gota link?

Where is the link are these fixed hummers released whre cani get them?

Maybe it was just cpp fixed version, and the final (with proper LOD work and stuff) is not out yet?

Anyway, the level of confusion around here is pretty high...

look on page 25 the link is provided by Flabber. (The atwar link)

In previous posts I put two links to the original humvees (both versions) it seems that at least woodland are CTD fixed, I haven't tested neither, only I have checked the links to be sure that you can download them.

Here do you have the links again.

Desert Humvees Link:

http://www.ofpnews.info/ofp/modules/mydownloads/singlefile.php?lid=78

Woodland Humvees Link:

http://www.atwar.net/download.php?view.2972

Edit 1: I don't make new LOD, I have crashed the models several times doing it, and going back to the backup copy.

I will release the addons next monday, I will give my last copy of the addons to MSpencer who will host them. And they will be unbinarized.

Edit 2:

Krycek write:

Quote[/b] ]Ok,no big deal but I found a small bug,the Humvee with M60 has 3 clips of ammo,well if you remain without ammo and rearm at the trucks,the ammo truck will reload only a clip wich is too little for me(I like to shoot a lot ).

Could this bug be fixed easy??

I tested many armed vehicles today (included BAS OPFOR, last ones) and don't seems to solve this problem. (maybe it's an ofp engine limit)

wow, so many pages here.

I really got several crashes when I was playing with these HUMMVs, especially HUMMVs with M249.

I am expecting new version. Good work and Keep it up guy.

smile_o.gif

Does anyone have another link for the Woodland hummers? When I get to file planet(grrrr, I hate fileplanet), it doesn't show any free servers to d/l from. mad_o.gif