Sign in to follow this  
blackdog~

Woodland hummers

I had assumed it would be more hassle than it's worth. Thanks for clearing it up. tounge_o.gif This pack is excellent, nice job. smile_o.gif

Great! Thanks a lot for these great HMMWVs! Looking forward to some good desert ones! smile_o.gif

Sorry Flaber, my bad, I meen the M113, not the HMMWV sad_o.gif

And please, kip the jeeps in the pack, I'm allready using them. biggrin_o.gif

@CERO.

Little problem with the M113 (M60) Don't have the option to open the back door, because, no interior was made for this vehicle, only the other one has, so no way to fix at this case. mabye copy and paste, but don't know if it will make more bugs to them.

That explains it.

It dosn't really bothers me, this kind of features in addons is something that I don't really use anyway biggrin_o.gif

Quote[/b] ](Who said I'm going to remove the humvees from the packżżrock.gif me not, is a humvee pack anyway)

I don't meen the Humvees, I meen the two jeeps you added them cargo animations, just the standart BIS but with new animations. They are way cool. biggrin_o.gif

I think you and me we should comunicate in Spanish tounge_o.gif lol.

@CERO.

I think you and me we should comunicate in Spanish tounge_o.gif lol.

@CERO.

No problem on my side. I can speak all the spanish that you want tounge_o.gif

I'm already giving the last touchs to the pack. hope to release a new version soon smile_o.gif

Grrrreat, good one.

The dessert ones togueder with Lee hoswall's 5T truks makes a nice comboy. wow_o.gif

Flaber, who is been doing the animations?

@CERO.

Maybe (sure, due to my english) there is a missunderstanding when i was saying new anim, would like to say that I have replace standard one (gunnerAction="ManActJeepGunner";) used for M2 MachineGuns, with one from another vehicle (gunnerAction = "ManActHRLGunner";) that fits better, BobCatt give me the idea and the name of the anim.

BobCatt say this:

Quote[/b] ]This gunner animation was used from the ill fated BRDM-1s, 2s, BTR-80A that are now on hold due to the humvees. I thought it be better on the gpms were held this way opposed to the gunner looking dorkish pretending a M60/240/249 was a cal. 50.

sorry but no animators here sad_o.gif and sorry if this made people get confused

a HUMMble suggestion :

turnCoef=2.28 / or: turnCoef=2.32;

if the hummers get their turnCoef increased, we wont find it so hard to

move through the towns with higher speed (e.g. in small tonal streets etc.)

yea well, it might add some serious AI testing to the whole pack sad_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

maxspeed = 110;

terrainCoef=1.1;

That way, if you are off-road, you can reach near the same speed.

I have tested, and is fine, great speed off-road, like real humvees.

about turnCoef, I will see if needed after betatesting

Very good idea Bmot!

MfG Lee smile_o.gif

Some major progress completed, now getting some beta testing done to save us embarassment of finding more bucks we missed. Got the offer to enhamce then even further but a normal release may be allowed before they are tweaked with all the stuff normally done to current day addons. Abusing them on a low end PC and seems fine now, no lag issues, and not found much of any bugs. See what the evilbeta testers discover.

Might need to tweak the 5 ton pack for addon compatability

...about turnCoef, I will see if needed after betatesting...

well, its mainly a prob. when you drive with speed >50% of maxSpeed,

then your jeep/hummer will sort of "lock" the steering wheel quite a bit

which can be a real pain sometimes! By increasing the turnCoef you get a

much better steering in high speed but it MAY (?) happen on behalf of

the AI paths-driving, so ya may need to tweak predictTurn etc. also?!  crazy_o.gif

Bmot, I finally add the turnCoef , you are right, at high speed steer better, not a great change but better, and doesn't seems to interfiere in the IA.

I've also add the unitInfoShip to see how much fuel do you have, damage, or current speed, that was missing in previous versions. I also tested the speed smile_o.gif

results

about 120 km/h (flat road).

about 95km/h (off-road).

about 145 km/h (running down the hill / road) wow_o.gif

The release is again postponed, I've had a lot of problems with the gunner view I was trying to set in some humvees, after my absoluty lack of skills to fix it and and after waste lots of hours tryiing it, I have talk/write with DeadMeat from BAS, and give me permision to use one of his anims, the one is used in BAS UAZ PK, that is similar to the one I was trying to implement in the pack, but the problem is that I have to redone all the work I have done with the previous anim.(I hope this time this goes faster)

And as I promise, I give BAS the credits in the readme.txt.

and I can only say: THANKS BAS for let me use your anim.

sincerely

Flaber

Well so far most of my tests the humvees navigate most of the overly built up maps some of Catshitones Afganistan maps including one of his very first ones, and all of the Somalia maps, with fairly decent succes dispite all AI drivers, Just don't let a AI command the unit in the city fighting or you'll all die. Due to the AI commanding the collum to halt dismount and get RPGed to peices. Sometimes a HUMVEE hit by RPG gives survivors if you get out fast enough before you burn alive, they stand up to small arms fairly well even grenade tossing enemy troops but if in one of the open side units you _will_ get injured.

Off road performance is way better making them faster and agile ground units. My biggest pet peave about them was on the Mog maps they run out of fuel before they even see combat ops due to the distance on most of those maps. That has been fixed, somebody gets their wish the gunners anminations will be replaced for the fourth time. Hopefully the last time.

Then mostlikely you'll see a release, there was a enhancement pack for these from the CBT guys for later, where we may finally deal with model issues and overhauls. and a few other things seeing we gone this far with it might as well go fer broke.

Ok I would like a coupld of heavy beta testers to give the HUMVEE pack some abuse before its released again. Just need to fix a couple bugs I just found but quick easy ones we forgot that pack had from the very start. PM me, only need a couple of people. They are a wast side orphaned project so can't use the mod teams I working on, !one RHS does east addons, soits a joke to them, and CBT are doing their own enhanced version of the humvee pack for their mod. If your not an experianced beta tester don't bother pming me and wasting folks time.

There is a new version of the humvees V0.75 (still beta)

we fix lot of bugs that you reported, and change the gunner anim in the vehicles that have an m60 / m249 machine gun.

We have change the firegeometry LOD's in all humvees (but not in the m113), and off-road speed, we have change other minor things.

There is no incompatibility with previous versions.

there is a little float bug with the m113, and some textures that are not right, (but we don't have time now to fix more things, we will fix in the future)

report any bug here.

Click me to download humvees v 0.75

Flaber

Well due to limited beta testing done Humveee pack beta will be released over the weekend, firly close to final release a few bugs or issues I am working on still my have fixed by the time of release. Mostly related to the APCs in the pack. Tried a few attempts at replacing the sounds with correct ones. HUMVEEs are diesel powered trucks with automatic transmissions, kinda wince listening to them driving around. The Mah-duece sounds whimpy first thing to get rid of, and animate the 50 cal. a bit better like firing one set up with sub calliber. AI can navigate a tight city at high speed, while engaging soft skined targets. fairly well, still eventually kill themselves rubbing up against buildings but usully you it wouldn't happen cause the mission is long over.

sorry, but enemies with small arms still don't attack these humvees.

try this:

- open the mission-editor on desert-island

- place one east-officer

- place one bis-humvee

the officer will shoot with his ak. smile_o.gif

try this:

- place one east-officer

- place one woodland-humvee

the officer dont shoot. sad_o.gif

try this:

- place one east-officer

- place one bis-humvee

the officer will shoot with his ak. smile_o.gif

try this:

- place one east-officer

- place one woodland-humvee

the officer dont shoot. sad_o.gif

Damn sorry forgot about that its in the current update I'm working on I'll update it shortly. The pack gets juggled back and forth between Faber and I for work and tweaking.

sorry was my fault, I forgot to include the zamerny point in memory LOD (only included in desert version)

Flaber.

We are fixing it now

nice to heard that, I can't wayt to get the final version biggrin_o.gif

@CERO.

one question why not mk19 version of the HMMWV.

would be nice to have TOW version and maybe even an Avenger version. and even medic version.

HMMWV info

you could even give them their military number ie M998 Cargo/Troop

now they do, fixed, I think it was fixed in a previous version.

We are testing a little bit more, and maybe we can upload in an hour or so

Flaber