Sign in to follow this  
blackdog~

Woodland hummers

Muchas gracias Flaber smile_o.gif

The only issue i found "wrong" is the armour values on the M113's (they are too high IMO) but thats a problem with the original config, it has nothing to do with your excellent work, again, thank you for the patience u had in fixing these addons.

Hi guys.

I downloaded the last version from the link on Flaber's last post.

I tested them by going to dessert island, I put one of the HMMWV as scuad leader and give it 10 more normal soldiers(To chek for cargo errors)

I made myselfe as a lonley LAW soldier and this is what I could find.

Quote[/b] ]

Armored Doorless-

Woodland:

Driver is exposed because of not having doors in the vehicle, but you can't kill him, not even by head shots.

Dessert:

Not a problem here, only that some parts of the model will let rockets go through like if it was a ghost. I don't mind in this one.

Cargo Closed and Cargo Open-

Woodland & Dessert:

Rockets and bullets will go through the vehicle like if it was a ghost, they even go through the driver.

Half top-

woodland & Dessert:

Driver is killable on the lower body with only one shot, even knowing that there is doors to protect him.

Rockets and small arms fire will trespass rear doors only, rockets will explode anywhere ellse in this model, not big deal.

M113-

Dessert versions seem to have alot more armour values than the woodland versions, they can take two LAWs when woodland will be destroyed by one LAW.

The woodland and dessert versions with the M60 don't have an option in the comand menu to open the back door.

To be reeeeeeeeeeeeeally pekish, the guners in all versions of the M113 have their feet too low in comparation with the guner's feet rest.

CONCLUSIONS

The driver in the armed versions of the full vehicle can't be killed.

The models of some vehicles have some kind of problem with rockets and small arms fire, the amunition just gos through them without affecting it. Not so good when you trying to destroy one of them. sad_o.gif

But if you hit them on the wheels it won't be a problem.

I couldn't find any problems like that in the versions that I haven't mentioned.

Some of this problems are irrelevant for the most of players, but some others are. The problem is that the most of them have to do with the original models, and I don't think Flaber will be able to fix that without having to take the models into O2.

Apart for this, I'm very impressed, I never been able to use them, but even how they are now I will use them very often.

BTW, I really like what Flaber have done to the Jeeps with the new cargo animations, they look much better now. I allways liked the BIS jeeps smile_o.gif  but now even more.

I have a sugestion. How about somebody retexturing them to dessert with the same textures and adding them in the next update of this HMMWV pack. And if somebody could do so, how about making a version of the HMMWV as an ambulance, use the "Cargo Closed" version for it, just add a red cross to it and healing propertys. biggrin_o.gif

Just sugesting.

@CERO.

Next update possably, kinda its a side project. I started the other modifcations to the hulls to make more and add the fording kits. Faber dealt with the messed up ccp and ctd problem. Mostlikely next time its tinkered with the textures will be corrected and model errors changed as well. Drawback have a ton og projects ahead of them, to I suck at texturing. There are a few humvee ambulaces around already might take you time to hunt for them. Seeing if CBT Rudedog could give some hand at texture work. so I can just do the modling work. Drawback the pack is huge already so trying to optimize hidden selections to keep the pack smaller, but the added textures might make it huge anyway. Also do correct revissions of the US military HUMVEE from the M998 up to the 1045A2 and beyond. Don't hold your breath though, everyone is busy with projects of our own.

Have the HUMVEE modification with automatic grenade-launcher (like AGS-17) ?? I've seen some in Iraq on TV...

Mayh3M

Quote[/b] ]Have the HUMVEE modification with automatic grenade-launcher (like AGS-17) ?? I've seen some in Iraq on TV...

No It didn't.

Mayh3M
Quote[/b] ]Have the HUMVEE modification with automatic grenade-launcher (like AGS-17) ?? I've seen some in Iraq on TV...

No It didn't.

yes it did. it had a mk19. watched the fuck up a t55 with it smile_o.gif

I mean that the mk19 is not included in this humvee pack.

The Mk-19 would be pretty sweet on the humvees in this pack. In the Army that was my favorite weapon. It was like having portable artillery and indeed it could really do a tremendous amount dammage to lightly armored vehicles, unarmored vehicles, buildings, and enemy personel.

I do hope you add a Mk-19 to this pack, or if not hopefully someone will.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Didn't someone (Quakergamer?) make a hummer with a Mk-19?

QuakeGamer made a humvee with a TOW launcher, I have the MK19 40mm grenade launcher to add to the humvees now with skins, just wanna make sure an equal unit if also made for the east side. But kinda adds megabiteage to the humve pack cause you have to make different versions with the MK19 40mm grenade launcher. I think Quakegamer has one but you have to wait on thr mod they are makng to get it.. And everything is tweaked for the mod only.

Didn't someone (Quakergamer?) make a hummer with a Mk-19?

There is a Mk-19 on one of this nice HTTVs (made by InQUisiToR)

Read more about it in this topic

Mfg MEDICUS

Well I can ask him cause I'm getting lots of errors at the moment. but later I got evil Russain addons to make. Besides two other mods making a enough humvees to make your eyes bleed like BAS and OPGWC if thats spelled right.

I did get the fording and snorkle fits made and an hard ambulance body. Got a MK-19 to mount on a humvee and made the smoke launchers. nothing is skined yet I can't skin well.

the only problem i have with hummvees in this game is. they are classed as their own seperate vehical class. one that has a top speed of 5mph off road. now i messed with the config changing the "max speed" on several occasions. i got a challenger that will do 150 off road (without boosters) and an m113 that does 200 (for shits and giggles) but no matter how high i set the humvees max speed (currently set at maxspeed=1000) she still moves as "fast" (and i use that term loosely) as the BIS hummer

and this ticks me off cuz i know these things can go way faster (irl) then BIS will allow. i mean its sad when a lil uaz with the 2 hampsters on a wheel type engine is passing me up (with the AI driving it. . and we already know they cant drive fast) if someone can script a boost type script so that when i pres the "fast" button (E) that my humvee actualy goes fast instead of puttin along like some rice burning POS?

I know about that Faber and I are addressing ththat issues as well as armor points on all the units and APCs should have that corrected over the weekend.

Owning a hummer allows me to know what to do as far as speed and armor ratings, maybe add a few modle corrections while we have it open again.

i like these humvees, but the ai dont attack them with small arms.

one solution could be:

Quote[/b] ]Check that your model has a zamerny point in the memory lod.

SelectThis

please change this with further updates.

ok thanks, I'll check

also changing maxspeed parameters and armor

Problaby I'll remake firegeometry LOD in some humvees like doorless

one that has a top speed of 5mph off road. now i messed with the config changing the "max speed" on several occasions. i got a challenger that will do 150 off road (without boosters) and an m113 that does 200 (for shits and giggles) but no matter how high i set the humvees max speed (currently set at maxspeed=1000) she still moves as "fast" (and i use that term loosely) as the BIS hummer

This line in class cfgvehicles should make it travel the same speed it does offroad as it does onroad:

terrainCoef=0;

I have finished the humvee desert doorless firegeometry LOD and added zamerny point (thanks softegg) so now AI can shoot you and kill you with small weapons. (I will make this changes in the rest of the humvees)

I have also change the class inherit from humvee to jeep, I think was Rudedog who suggested to me. I think it was for better performance.

it was not my hint, SelectThis gave the info about the zamerny point.

Softegg says:

Quote[/b] ]

But you search it and post it here so I can fix the pack. so Thanks. smile_o.gif

Softegg says:

Quote[/b] ]

But you search it and post it here so I can fix the pack. so Thanks. smile_o.gif