Sign in to follow this  
SpeedyDonkey

Which theatre are you most looking forward to?

Africa and Vietnam equally due to a change of scenery.

If they do vietnam right it will be cool. like Vietcong game but with huge endless terrains and jungles, vehicals and infantry, obviously the graphics wont be so good but...everything else will smile.gif . I vote vietnam and would like to fight on the NVA side smile.gif .

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Heatseeker @ 09 May 2003,19:18)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">obviously the graphics wont be so good<span id='postcolor'>

With OFP's LOD system theres no reason why BIS cant make it look ebtter than Vietcong and huge maps and a playable decent framerate on most machines...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Eviscerator @ 09 May 2003,20:06)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Heatseeker @ 09 May 2003,19:18)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">obviously the graphics wont be so good<span id='postcolor'>

With OFP's LOD system theres no reason why BIS cant make it look ebtter than Vietcong and huge maps and a playable decent framerate on most machines...<span id='postcolor'>

I don't think so. OFp engine is different from Phoenix II engine (i think that's the right name of Vietcong one)

Central Europe! I want to take out lines apon lines of T62s as they try to cross bridges and all that good stuff. Africa should be very interesting too.

Not berlin, but the czech countryside. I am definately not looking forward to central europe. Southeast asia would be boring. I would like africa. Hopefully BIS doesn't know enough about cuba and angola to villainize anyone.

Vietnam. My dad was there. I like to see (even if it is mostly going to be fiction) what he saw hundreds of times.

i voted EU but africa and vietnam will also be VERY intresting tounge.gif

I voted Central Europe. This theatre gives me the idea of huge tank armies racing towards each other like trains which are about to crash! It would be a war which never took place, but could have become reality every day in the last 50 years. wink.gif

Wow, long time since I visited this site, and I had a lot of catching up to do. I think all three sceneries will be great! I voted for Africa, but I'm allready kind of sorry I didn't choose Europe, or maybe I should've chose Vietnam, or did I make the right choice? biggrin.gif

Great news, and I'm absolutele delighted hearing it. (this willl sure ruin my midterms this week confused.gif )

Harnu - why don't you go there on holiday?

Anyway i would like to see Africa, it's got a very diverse range of climates and it will be really interesting to see what's implemented, especially animals.

I really like Africa myself, unfortunately i haven't been there enough to form any strong ideas or opinions about one place.

Oh and central europe, i have been there on numerous occasions and all i can say is just two words.

it's flat!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Jinef @ 13 May 2003,15:41)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Oh and central europe, i have been there on numerous occasions and all i can say is just two words.

it's flat!<span id='postcolor'>

Thats the reason Denmark has one of the greates number of tanks compared to the number of people there live there.

I love Denmark and I am a Dane.

STGN

i voted for central europe because... actually i dont really know why confused.gif  but i would like to see russia - Chechnya thingy.. still i would like to see NAM more cause of the scenery and some unknown reasons

What the ... wheres Middle EAST?confused.gifcrazy.gif

I aint buying ofp 2 now biggrin.gif but still the european conflict is much btter then these jungle based envoirnments since they look real peevish in games tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Acecombat @ 14 May 2003,02:06)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">What the ... wheres Middle EAST?confused.gifcrazy.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Meh, the middle east has been done over and over in games, even more so than WW2, besides, if anyone feels like fighting in the middle east they can always join their army or jump on a plane... tounge.gif

First priority: Central Europe. Something like "the spring of Prague 68-74" fits the timeline in ofp 2 - a fictive campaign in this area would do it perfectly biggrin.gif.

2nd: Africa - we do need a 'hot' campaign/theme - winter 2004 will be cold wink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Eviscerator @ 14 May 2003,09:33)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">wow.gif6--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Acecombat @ 14 May 2003,02wow.gif6)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">What the ... wheres Middle EAST?confused.gifcrazy.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Meh, the middle east has been done over and over in games, even more so than WW2, besides, if anyone feels like fighting in the middle east they can always join their army or jump on a plane... tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Could you name some please? smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Acecombat @ 15 May 2003,02:45)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Eviscerator @ 14 May 2003,09:33)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Acecombat @ 14 May 2003,02wow.gif)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">What the ... wheres Middle EAST?<!--emo&confused.gifcrazy.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Meh, the middle east has been done over and over in games, even more so than WW2, besides, if anyone feels like fighting in the middle east they can always join their army or jump on a plane... tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Could you name some please?  smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Desert Strike, Delta Force, Delta Force 2, Delta Force 3 (all contain some kind of middle eastern setting in some of their missions), Conflict: Desert Storm, Americas Army: Operations (contains several missions against arab's), Gulf War Operation Desert Hammer, Conflict: Middle East, Divided Ground: Middle East Conflict 1948-1973, theres also about a thousand flight sims with missions in the gulf, and many more games i didnt find in this two minute search on google...

I dont think BIS would go for a conflict which didnt involve western countries for their customers to relate to (if you mean prior to the gulf war), most of the games that have come out in the last couple of years see you playing an american, or some kind of western caucasian male that could pass for a european when the languages are changed, its because the biggest customers(America and Europe) relate to those types of characters the most, so i cant see BIS going against that, i mean, even in Resistance you played a white Englishman(may not have been where he was born, but his accent was definately english)...

I'm not really going to care for the European scenario, already been done lots of times, and this was the setting for OFP. Africa is going to be really cool, Vietnam is going to be cool but only if BIS can get good production values, and authentic Vietnamese voices. smile.gif