Sign in to follow this  
SpeedyDonkey

Which theatre are you most looking forward to?

Central Europe, as a European theatre lends itself to have a fairly even battle between opposing forces.

The other two theatres, IMO, would be skewed in favour of the attacking force in the dersert of Africa and the defending force in the dense jungles of Asia.

I would have to pass on the Vietnam scenery, because I dont think a game as vast as this can render it and make it look good enough, also trip wires , ambushes, tunnel systems, etc. i doubt very seriously that it can get done and done well, scratch the Vietnam side. Personally I think that the current landscape is great! I suppose Central Europe might be somewhat similar to what we already have, so I'll go with Central Europe! wink_o.gif

I hope that they have everyone of them. GIVE US VIETNAM !!

...and Africa.....and Central Europa.....yea thats it.

Central Europe, tho isn't Nogova just like it? Ofcourse, it's gona be whole different ballgame, but still the idea remains. Farmland, suburbia, concrete blocks, grey... that would feel more like a war than Vietnam, which was a conflict. Or it's something I can't put my finger on.... wait, yes... you couldn't drive a km in 'Nam with tank!  biggrin_o.gif Now that takes away a lot.

I'm looking forward to africa, well that is if its north africa so its desert combat...

central europe...the war that never started....big battlefields, lots of troops, armor, choppers and planes...wonderful!!! biggrin_o.gif

After watching a couple of Doco's about Central Europe would be my idea of Flashpoint 2.

Grey clouds. Seeing the mist from a cold soldier's mouth and then a Russian T-72 comes rolling down a street of Concreate buildings and blown cars. Chech soldier try to blow it away with a RPG and die. U Running away from the tank which is unstopable.

Sorry but I just dont get this filling in Flashpoint 1. I just cant wait 1 more year. Anticipation is on the border of killing me and making me wait smile_o.gif But thats wat i just thought of when Central Europe jumped to my mind

Heavily wooded europe massive infantry battles. Helicopter landings aaahhh i think ill have wet dreams over this

Hi,

I have a personal interest in the possibilities of an African setting. The Tonal Island and associated Mods made a nice introduction to the potential of such scenarios. I like low tech, i have more fun with a AK-47 or a G3, than with an OICW or whats its name.

Also, being Portuguese i am more or less familiar with the possibilities of historical conflicts in Africa, be them the colonial wars, or independence wars, or the civil wars that came after. Specially in Angola or Mozambique.

For these scenarios a high grass savannah map would be required. Dense Soft Cover would have to be properly modelled.

I agree however that Europe provides a richer technological environment, with the clash between the two big blocks.

If you really like realism Europe gives you a lot more choices.

Vietnam isn't really exciting to me... jungle maps normally dont work too well...

And if they are done properly you're into a really claustrophobic, sh*t in your pants kind of experience...

I'm with the crowd that wants to play the other side too. Nothing against the GI's but it was refreshing playing a russian in Redhammer, (minor spoiler) even if they had to make him a traitor just to make sure you are playing on the "right side"....

Not to keen on Europe maybe too much like the original OFP.

Africa I could work on my tan.

Asia Jungle if you lose it here your in a world of pain. (Quote me if you have too).

Then again, I think perhaps Cats at the Globe Theatre if its playing. biggrin_o.gif

they had to make him a traitor just to make sure you are playing on the "right side"....

What "right side"?

When two morons fight each other, the right side is just... elsewhere. tounge_o.gif

The only right side here is Civilians... wink_o.gif

Already voted... damn.

i want more cold war.

say no to vietnam

say no to afrika

continue to do what you best.

don't dilute it

Vietnam.  My dad was there.  I like to see (even if it is mostly going to be fiction) what he saw hundreds of times.

Some things are better off unknown. indeed, War does not show who is right, but who is left. If JFK was not assasinated, the Vietnam War (To the US) would not have happened. Many Americans left behind family and/or friends in that war, and still Americans are loosing their lives (Vietcong attacks) to this day. I wish US Pres. Bush could have learned from that war and avoid the II Desert Storm 'War' (Many Genarals call it a conflict). Yes I do agree that Iraq is beter off now (Politicly not humainly) but we should have used an alteritive to 'War'. Diplomicy is a tool that mankind has yet to use. If we could have contacted Husain and tried to nagotiate Properly then many lives could have been saved. but if he still refused then War would be a resonable answer. War should be a last resort, if man kept declaring War without reson then no man would be left to stand.

On the other hand Vietnam would be awsome to see on OFP! especialy entrenched tanks!!! wink_o.gif