Sign in to follow this  
Skul

Best storyline

Just out of curiosity...which campaign do you think has the best storyline?

BIS made agreat job in the story and surprising events that occur during missions, turning an expectable happy end into a nightmare !!!

I would also mention some of the unofficial campaigns, much work for so few rewards, i enjoyed playing these too.

I voted for Resistance campaign. CWC was also great but i didn't like the last few missions.

I've not completed all of them, yet. I'm working my way through Resistance right now, so I chose 'Not sure...'

I am leaning towards either CWC or Res, but not Red Hammer. That has an absurd storyline! Not surprised it's got no votes yet! biggrin.gif

By the way - Gareth Gates must die!

Had to say that!... smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote ([TU]$33ker @ 09 May 2003,15:19)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I voted for Resistance campaign. CWC was also great but i didn't like the last few missions.<span id='postcolor'>

yeah I agree on that, it was more or less gastovski missions only (though i love gastovski in general). but the rest was great and especially it was soooo long! Make the flashpont 2 campaign at least as long as that one!

Resistance, without a doubt.

I spent the rest of the day almost in tears after I completed it. sad.gif

crazy.gif

I loved CWC Campaign, it was the best of the best. Especially when Kozlowski and Fowly were making fun of each other, and also the Armstong scenes. smile.gif I think it was the best storyline. Actually that storyline was just like a great war story. smile.gif

I still don't like being forced to have become a traitor in Red Hammer. I didn't feel like killing helpless conscripts on my own side who didn't even know that they were doing something "bad" from someone's perspective. I was hoping that Red Hammer was going to be Guba's version of CWC, and we'd have a chance to outgun the Americans and chase them off the island, but it turned out to be anticlimactic.

I voted for CWC because without it, Resistance would have nothing to be based off of smile.gif

i picked res becuz it was the best biggrin.gif CWC was good to but res was more fun to play smile.gif

Like most people I picked Res, however in a game like this I'm not sure storyline is all that important. For my mony CWC still has some of the best missions and is better at capturing the feel of being part of a war.

Story-wise I find Resistance campaign the best, but damn D'n'A for killing Troska, though he assured me he did setpos Troska so it only looks like Troska died....and they never found his body right... so I assume Troska is still alive in whereabout unknown biggrin.giftounge.gifwink.gif

Gameplay-wise I find Cold War Crisis to be the best campaign, but that maybe is because it was my first OFP-experience.

I liked the CWC campaign a little better. The progression was more fun. Resistance was great, and really kicked ya in the balls at the end tounge.gif

CWC was the best, i only disliked how Armstrongs initial squad vaporized so sudent (srg. Bergoff, Fowlley,etc...), resistance add a good plot but the missions didnt had so much replay value has 1985 did confused.gif , also 1985 had better atmosphere and i still play some of its mission every now and then smile.gif .

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">also 1985 had better atmosphere and i still play some of its mission every now and then <span id='postcolor'>

Same here! (still try and see how far I can get without being killed once!wink.gif)

Resistance is a little arcardish sometimes and I was a little disappointed by the new campaign features. If you collected nice weapons or tanks you could not always use them in the next mission. I hoped it would turn OFP into something like "Jagged alliance" to add a real strategy and recourse element to the game.

Resistance had the best storyline in my opinion. There were better characters, a better plot, and a better protaginest.

why is everyone so mean to red hammer sad.gif

sure its not _as_ good as the others but it did keep me entertained when i played through it, it was by no means really bad

I'd say resistance.

CWC was a great campaign, but playing as a resistance force was something (almost) new. And i like the effects,cutscenes and the whole experience of resistance.

18.gifOMG! Red Hammer has no votes at all!18.gif

[Gareth Gates must die]

i think that cold war crisis was the best but only the beginning of the campaign when i played prvt "i dont remember his name smile.gif " i liked being so weak and all later when playing a commander i was bored i didnt like it

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (GAMEER_77 @ 09 May 2003,17:36)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Resistance, without a doubt.

I spent the rest of the day almost in tears after I completed it. sad.gif

crazy.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Same with me. sad.gifwink.gifsmile.gif