Sign in to follow this  
CuteQA

Cave, tunnel, and underground tunnel.

Those been done in Delta force's game engine.  Are those possible for ofp2 engine?  confused.gif

they are useful for mission design biggrin.gif

I forgot to mention digging foxhole. (i think this is onw of the most important thing in the real life!!!!wink.giftounge.gif

would be cool to have some VC tunnels wink.gif

would be fun to have tunnel period wink.gif

for foxhole : what about a "Trow yourshelf in foxhole" option/animation? biggrin.gif

Great idea! but maybe not DF style, perhaps an abandoned mine in the mountains, or a cave behind a waterfall hidden by the vegetation smile.gif , if BIS could improve on the current clipping probs that would be so sweet smile.gif , untill we get inside and a bear bites ya in the head that is crazy.gif ...

Dunno about the tunnel shite but the foxhole option would be more than welcome, and even more welcome if there is going to be artillery involved.

its already possible in ofp1, you just make the hill a 3d model and model the caves in it, also for a foxhole you just slowly mound the earth up around it (in like a 25mx25m area) so when you do 'dig down' it looks like its being dug, instead of being on top of the actual land, although, i hope they allow us to somehow be able to 'cut through' the wrp 'ground', but i cant see it happening to be honest...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">you just make the hill a 3d model and model the caves in it<span id='postcolor'>

there is big a problem after destoryed it tounge.gif

I hope Bis will include those thing in the ofp2 smile.gif

It has been done in an addon for OFP but it was a little dodgy because of collision detection etc.

I mean having structures below ground level. Been done. Search for bunkers +OFP +Addon on google or whatever.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (CuteQA @ 06 May 2003,23:22)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">you just make the hill a 3d model and model the caves in it<span id='postcolor'>

there is big a problem after destoryed it  tounge.gif

I hope Bis will include those thing in the ofp2 smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

you can make placed objects indestructible, look at rocks, they should crumble when you shoot them/blow them up.

What About Underground Bunkers, where you dont have to lift the ground up... say u just place a underground bunker on the map and then its underground or something... tounge_o.gif

It'd be pretty cool if in the equipment slot that LAWs and RPGs go in if you could put a shovel into that slot. Then you could dig stuff with shovels, but being able to dig ingame would probably take alot of the processor power and RAM. It's probably not worth the sacrifice.

It'd be pretty cool if in the equipment slot that LAWs and RPGs go in if you could put a shovel into that slot.  Then you could dig stuff with shovels, but being able to dig ingame would probably take alot of the processor power and RAM.  It's probably not worth the sacrifice.

Depends how it is done. If it is done the way Red Faction attempted then it will be a pointless waste of processing power. It could be done in segments where you select what type of hole you are digging or want AI to dig and then take the allotted amount of time to dig it.

The types could be:

- shallow foxhole;

- deep foxhole;

- trench segment;

- tunnel entrance;

- downwards tunnel segment;

- horizontal tunnel segment;

- cavern.

These would mostly be inpractical to be completed during gameplay but could be constructed in the map editor if used for permanent island features or in the mission editor for prebuilt tunnels for certain missions.

Easier said than done but it would be a significant feature of the terrain building side of the engine.

Being able to create holes in the ground, depending on the explosive would be cool.

I saw a "two man foxhole kit" , basicly it was an explosive drilled in the ground, and detonated to create a hole about the size for two men to stand in.

That would be an option, no? imagine it usable like FDF's static Mguns... just... diffrent! biggrin_o.gif

lol, Glad, I shown U that over MSN

I think it should use lifesize editor icons and should be editor or map-placed, so you can plan exactly where it all goes.

*imagines 10 minute wait as OFP2 re-renders the tunneled island*

Foxholes/trenches and ability to dig them in-game would be awesome improvements (over OFP). Realistic tactical elements never hurts. I always thought infantry missions we're the best in OFP1. Maybe shovels to dig foxholes and excavators for trenches. I'd really like to see that in OFP2 smile_o.gif

using PC_Commandocave.pbo the simulated cave is a reality in OFP now. In A Mission using the Research Complex adding a teleport trigger very close to the underground complex door I transport the player to the top of 3wx's grain elevator (triggered for exit at the doors to the room so player goes back to same point in research complex.) The point is once in the underground entrance room the player has 33meters of ladder to climb down into the cave area. Except for the teleport it plays like a real underground complex. With a lil ingenuiety you could make a car traveling a long way underground also. THE MOST IMPORTANT ASPECT FOR ME IN ArmedAasslt OR OFP2 IS COLLISION DECTION WHERE THE AI WHEN HITTING AN OBSTICAL DOESNT SPEND 30MIN. BUMPING IT. AND AI NOT FIRING THRU WALLS. BTW does digging a hole in Armed Assault make it a armedasshole ? tounge_o.gif