Sign in to follow this  
SFG

Operation flashpoint 2

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Maldita Vecindad @ April 16 2003,21:16)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">OFP2 will have a strong competition.

Vietcong

Line of Sight: Vietnam

Men of Valor<span id='postcolor'>

Where do you see the strong competition confused.gif

yeah I agree with that Messiah, imo OFP is great for large battles including tanks etc, not much use of tanks in jungle area, Seb Nam pack allready satisfied my needs for Vietnam warfare and I don't think we need OFP2 to be 'wasted' to this theme. I would rather see something more modern like the war on the balkan.

Anyhoo, I hope OFP2 will be as easy to mod as OFP1 and that it will be compatible with OFP1 addons and stuff.

Like Messiah I'd prolly buy it anyhow tho... since OFP is like.. the best thing that ever hit my PC. tounge.gif

You guys seem to have doomed the game after one picture, I say wait until E3 before making up your minds whether if it will be good or bad smile.gif

RED

im not condeming it but it seems a dramatic U turn from what the original was (good thing?)

also i would hardly call the Vietnam Conflict a flashpoint confused.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (MLF @ April 16 2003,21:42)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">im not condeming it but it seems a dramatic U turn from what the original was (good thing?)

also i would hardly call the Vietnam Conflict a flashpoint confused.gif<span id='postcolor'>

heh , good point , flashpoint hehehe tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Sole @ April 16 2003,21:29)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">yeah I agree with that Messiah, imo OFP is great for large battles including tanks etc, not much use of tanks in jungle area, .<span id='postcolor'>

http://www.aviapress.com/viewonekit.htm?TRN-141

I think you are wrong wink.gif

Im betting on a vietnam OFP.

the few pics I've seen, have been 1960 to 70 flavored, plus... there was a group of modders doing a vietnam mod for OFP, when all of the sudden, they were ordered to stop.

how dare you try and take some of codemasters money! lol

biggrin.gif

New thing for flashpoint2.com... I hope it's another ficticious story, but if it's about veitnam, thats just as fun smile.gif

I really hope that its not vietnam (even though it looks like it is sad.gif ).  I'm kinda tired of historical games and there are plently of them. It also means that there probably won't be modern stuff for quite a while until people can make addons for it which absolutely sucks, unless its backwards compatible.

I am just NOT looking forward to OFP2 being NAM. We play the Nam pack to death on my server and we're all getting a bit tired of it.

I do hope that tunnels, caves, etc. all become a part of the new 3D engine, and I hope they can massively improve that part of it. The ability to do a true 3D landscape would be awesome. Also changing the way that buildings and such are would be a huge deal. Currently they are nice looking ornaments, but the clipping and stuff on them is horrible. That's because they're basically a model and not part of the 3D engine.

Personally I think that Blackhawk Down is a perfect example of what the buildings should be like (except they should be destructable).

Anyway, I'll probably get it, but I'm going to be really disappointed if it is NAM unless it is the most realistic thing to come along since real life!

If I read through all this whining because of a possible vietnam setting I can understand why we got so little information in advance. Guys, be happy that there`ll be a OFP 2! BIS surely won`t fool us with a game lacking creativeness! smile.gif

If it really is a vietnam setting I hope BIS still writes such good stories like in OFP:R. I`d like to see a really good story (like in Platoon or We were soldiers) and not that Hollywood-good-US-soldiers-against-stupid-caveman-guerillas-cliche. Well, time will tell. But I`m optimistic and I can wait.

Go BIS go! biggrin.gif

Guys, don't worry about the theme, it's about the new engine, multiplayer and physics improvements, just wait a few months after it's release and you'll have a ton of mods covering every conflict you want. Notice the skills and quality of the add-ons are just getting better and better. By the time OFP2 will be released we will have state of the art add-ons, from "experienced" add-on makers. I for sure will buy this game, I've been playing it daily since the demo was first released and I can guarantee you I ain't gonna stop anytime soon smile.gif

Black Knight

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Ex-RoNiN @ April 16 2003,21:50)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Sole @ April 16 2003,21:29)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">yeah I agree with that Messiah, imo OFP is great for large battles including tanks etc, not much use of tanks in jungle area, .<span id='postcolor'>

http://www.aviapress.com/viewonekit.htm?TRN-141

I think you are wrong wink.gif<span id='postcolor'>

I was just hopping to seet in  T-90, and now i should change it to T-54  biggrin.gif

And i was just woundering as i understand the maine Campaing is gonna be for US Marines, so will they loose this time  to .

And who is gonna be the Resistance? the Russiance?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Messiah @ April 16 2003,14:17)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">why the hell are they choosing vietnam? we already have a decent mod for it... so why does ofp have to be nam era?

i think BIS have lost their minds on this one - i think the general community on the whole would prefer a different era... something more modern.

dear oh dear... although i know i'll still buy it.<span id='postcolor'>

We don't know that they've chosen Vietnam yet. This is all speculation.

If it is about vietnam, there will be a lot of great stories.  I'm sure BIS won't lack creativity in it.  But this time around, Codemasters had better advertise it!

If it does end up as Vietnam, I'll create a mission (Hoping that there will be a mission editor again!wink.gif that is still somewhat classified... If I can torture it out of the guy whom know  biggrin.gif

P.S. What is the thing on the guys helmet?

Well, it's obvious that the preview pictures show Vietnam era equipment, and alot of people have come to the conclusion that this will be a Vietnam era game. I hope it isn't true because I would like to play a more modern combat game, but maybe BIS is tired of developing that kind of stuff.

Or maybe they just planted those pictures to keep us guessing, and it won't really be a Vietnam game. biggrin.gif

Tyler

hmm..when the TV's dial was on 50, it showed something....(Korean war?) than now, it's on channel 68(Vietnam) and what kind of TV has 68channel on their dial? tounge.gif

wonder how many dials we are going to end up with.

note:even mods are clueless about BIS's operation. so don't assume that we know something. sad.gif

Don't know.. if you look at their helmets:

http://www.codemasters.com/flashpoint2

It could very well be -nam - or what? We'll see.. Oh, and I almost forgot.. OMG OMG OMG I got the E-mail from CM now! *faint*.

Press:

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Codemasters today confirms that Operation Flashpoint 2, a true sequel to the million-selling military simulator, has been commissioned. The setting and theme for the game will be revealed at E3, the global games expo (Los Angeles Convention Centre, May 14-16).

Operation Flashpoint 2 is in design and development at Bohemia Interactive Studio, the Prague-based creators of the original title, and will launch late in 2004 for PC.

Focussing on another theatre of modern-historical warfare, Operation Flashpoint 2 will continue the title?s reputation as the ultimate military gaming experience.

Marek Spanel, Operation Flashpoint?s Project Leader at Bohemia Interactive Studio says:

?We have great plans and massive ambition for Operation Flashpoint 2 but, for the moment, we are not revealing specific details of its content and gameplay. Following the success of the original game, it?s great to be working with Codemasters on the sequel and we are confident it?ll become another major landmark in PC gaming.?<span id='postcolor'>

Perhaps we could have a tri-themed campaign, raw recruit fights in WW2 in campaign one, in campaign two he's toughened up somewhat as he battles the ferocity the enemy throw at him in Korea, in campaign three he's an older, wiser, disillusioned, grizzled veteran unsure as to why he's continuing to fight for Uncle Sam in the jungles of Vietnam smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (placebo @ April 16 2003,23:46)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Perhaps we could have a tri-themed campaign, raw recruit fights in WW2 in campaign one, in campaign two he's toughened up somewhat as he battles the ferocity the enemy throw at him in Korea, in campaign three he's an older, wiser, disillusioned, grizzled veteran unsure as to why he's continuing to fight for Uncle Sam in the jungles of Vietnam smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

LOL, just like that CSM in 'We were soldiers', but I don't think he was that opposed to the war.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Assault (CAN) @ April 16 2003,23:50)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (placebo @ April 16 2003,23:46)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Perhaps we could have a tri-themed campaign, raw recruit fights in WW2 in campaign one, in campaign two he's toughened up somewhat as he battles the ferocity the enemy throw at him in Korea, in campaign three he's an older, wiser, disillusioned, grizzled veteran unsure as to why he's continuing to fight for Uncle Sam in the jungles of Vietnam smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

LOL, just like that CSM in 'We were soldiers', but I don't think he was that opposed to the war.<span id='postcolor'>

That guy was hilarious  biggrin.gif

"Beautiful mornin sir"

"so now your a god damn weatherman ...*mumble*"

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Harnu @ April 16 2003,23:29)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">P.S. What is the thing on the guys helmet?<span id='postcolor'>

That i believe id the oil can for the m60.

has anyone noticed that you can rotate the diyal?

Well it looks like vietnam. But im sure itll be worth it. 2004 could be a good year for us if BIS and BIA release OFP2 and IL close together.

one year guys... one year.... I dont think i can take it.... tounge.gif