Sign in to follow this  
N.o.R.S.u

Half-life 2 is out (and CS:Source)

A very poor solution to costumers problems. Really, no other word for it than, crap.

I do have an internet connection, and hopefully I'll be able to activate HL2 just fine when I get my mitts on it. But it shouldn't be neccessary for someone who payed good money for a game, to haul his/her computer to a friend or workplace with an internet connection. That's just laziness on the companys part IMHO.

It's a bloody joke!

Bought the game yesterday (Standard Retail Version) and now I can't friggin' play because the Steam servers are choked and I can't unlock the game!

If I wasn't so hot for some nice singleplayer action I'd return the game tomorrow and never ever buy a Valve product again.

*Insert expletive of your choice here*

mad_o.gif

I would buy it but this online registration is just too much obligation. I AM BUYING A PRODUCT which is supposed to give me pleasure and at the same time must be convenient to use.

What is that. First they dont let journalists check the game in their own offices before release and then this silly step. Screw you, I rather use the money to get wasted with a few friends!

Im with <s>stupid</s> Albert wink_o.gif

Bought it this morning, activated/unlocked it fine, been playing all day.

It's fun, but...really not that revolutionary. Far Cry was much more innovative IMO. It's really well for the most part) but there's still only one set path...A lot of sections suffer from being too long, after the amazing, exciting start you're left crawling in your bog-standard sewers for an hour with just a pistol for company.

I'm about 2/3 through now.

Halo 2 is a console game unlike hl2, i dont think the scale is the same.

Halo 2 is a console game unlike hl2, i dont think the scale is the same.

Amen to that, you can never compare a console game to a PC game.

Edit:- Beisdes PES4 before Placebo corrects me. tounge_o.gif

A very poor solution to costumers problems. Really, no other word for it than, crap.

I do have an internet connection, and hopefully I'll be able to activate HL2 just fine when I get my mitts on it. But it shouldn't be neccessary for someone who payed good money for a game, to haul his/her computer to a friend or workplace with an internet connection. That's just laziness on the companys part IMHO.

The shop i work for has lost quite a few sales of this game because some people don't have internet access. And at i've now spent about 40 minutes trying to register this game (two thirds complete so far!!), this is really poor.... crazy_o.gif

I bought it this morning and haven't been able to register my CD key because Steam's too busy. At the moment I can't even log on to Steam crazy_o.gif

you don't have to drag your computer around just take a cd and copy that file, i know it's annoying for those without internet on there gaming rig but o well.

Arse , i dont have a DVD drive or a credit card , anyone in the states fancy shipping me a CD version please sad_o.gif

It's fun, but...really not that revolutionary. Far Cry was much more innovative IMO. It's really well for the most part) but there's still only one set path...A lot of sections suffer from being too long, after the amazing, exciting start you're left crawling in your bog-standard sewers for an hour with just a pistol for company.

LMFAO did you not find the woman who gives you the hovercraft biggrin_o.gif

smile_o.gif

I got back from work, turned on the PC, steam unlocked my game, and I was playing in 5 mins!

Painless! I was quite impressed by it all.

Hah- guess it'll be déjŕ-vu for me... I only bought my own Half-Life (Platinum Edition) when I took a trip to the States in 2001... (played with a friend's copy until then lol)... and I played CS for 5 years until the non-steam servers ran out because no matter how many times I open the ports it tells me to, steam just won't run correctly through my internet connection (I've got an ADSL router serving a LAN)... So... guess I'll buy it in... 200*?

Or maybe I'll just wait for Stalker and skip HL2 altogether... tounge_o.gif

LMFAO did you not find the woman who gives you the hovercraft biggrin_o.gif

The game would have stopped me from progressing if I hadn't so yes, I meant the sequence before that.

Is there more information on the game itself, not the steam? Pics?

Well i started the download, 114 minutes total and now im at 45 minutes left, i guess it's time to make some dinner.

I would of got HL2 today if it came with Team Fortress 2, but I guess I'll still have to wait for that.

What can I say.. AWSOME!  biggrin_o.gif

I'll give it a 9.5, the -0.5 becouse of too many places your loading map.

-Grapich excellent (Even on my card  wow_o.gif)

-Why Freeman came to the city is still a mystery to me.

But I'll just have to play more to find that out , don't I?  wink_o.gif

-Sound ok (Just stereo sad_o.gif Anyone got 5.1?)

-Everything is OK!

PS: It's fun playing catch with Alyx's ¨dog¨ tounge_o.gif

See more here Gamespot's review

The crane level is really fun, I must have spent 30 minutes just screwing around with it smile_o.gif

spoiler?

Now I'm at some shit level where you start out in a sewer then go up in a jail courtyard or sth and spiders, and I can't find the end. It sucks.

I would of got HL2 today if it came with Team Fortress 2, but I guess I'll still have to wait for that.

I'll wait for TF2 to be bundled with Duke Nukem Forever. wink_o.gif

Tell me, where do I get the last battery to the gate? I'm near the prison (The coast level with the buggy)

EDIT: Can I ask or should I just debate HL 2?