Sign in to follow this  
dm

Bas mh-47e released!

You finally really did it. You maniacs! I blew it up(again)!...Oh damn you, God damn you all to hell, BAS ! ... tounge.gif I LOVE this addon so much, i couldnt stop playing with it all night and morning long !

This is because of such guys like you that OFP (Resistance) is still the best game ever, i still cannot believe my eyes

I know it's another non constructive post and it adds to the long thread, guys you should add a special thread for us to thank you because sometimes we need to show we are really HAPPY smile.gif

I noticed the readme says the vehicle would be available under BAS Vehicle Spec Ops, but it is really placed in BAS Vehicles, this is causing my missions using the older M47E to get the addon not found error. Can someone help me out. I have one mission that I have many hours invested that cannot load due to this missing addon message.

Thanks

<S> SWAF

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (EMAN @ April 22 2003,15:41)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I noticed the readme says the vehicle would be available under BAS Vehicle Spec Ops, but it is really placed in BAS Vehicles, this is causing my missions using the older M47E to get the addon not found error. Can someone help me out. I have one mission that I have many hours invested that cannot load due to this missing addon message.<span id='postcolor'>

What's so difficult? UnPBO your mission's PBO file and manually edit the MISSION.SQM file with any text editor to change the references of old MH47s to the new name(s).

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (EMAN @ April 22 2003,14:41)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I noticed the readme says the vehicle would be available under BAS Vehicle Spec Ops, but it is really placed in BAS Vehicles, this is causing my missions using the older M47E to get the addon not found error. Can someone help me out. I have one mission that I have many hours invested that cannot load due to this missing addon message.

Thanks

<S> SWAF<span id='postcolor'>

Er, our changing the classes in the editor has no effect on missions, as the cpp classnames remain the same, so whatever your problem is the new classname is not the source...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (theavonlady @ April 23 2003,00:50)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (EMAN @ April 22 2003,15:41)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I noticed the readme says the vehicle would be available under BAS Vehicle Spec Ops, but it is really placed in BAS Vehicles, this is causing my missions using the older M47E to get the addon not found error. Can someone help me out. I have one mission that I have many hours invested that cannot load due to this missing addon message.<span id='postcolor'>

What's so difficult? UnPBO your mission's PBO file and manually edit the MISSION.SQM file with any text editor to change the references of old MH47s to the new name(s).<span id='postcolor'>

Hmmm, it is simple for 1, not for a dozen smile.gif

I had to edit a lot of missions because for some reason the choppers do not add the required names to the addon list at the top of the mission.sqm.

This means if I add a MH47E to a mission I have to add the following names manually:

BAS_Soar185

Bas_Cargo

Bas_MH47185

BAS_Kiowapack

Thats for every mission I want to use the MH-47E in.

Now I dunno about you but to me that just seems wrong confused.gif

In some missions, even manually adding the names does not allow the mission to load, i then get "missing addon : bmp2"

Now I want to clarify, this is only after adding this one addon to the mission, the mission functioned fine before that.

If theres any more information you need that would help I'll see what i can do.

Cheers,

Guest DKM-jaguar

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (theavonlady @ April 22 2003,14:13)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">wow.gif5--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Mora2 @ April 22 2003,15wow.gif5)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Wow, that coughing because of not lowering the goggles is very realistic.....<span id='postcolor'>

I don't think it's too realistic, unless you breathe through your eyes. smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

haha! maybe someonw will make freak addons who do breath through their eyes...maybe a mutanty addon, seeming as x-men 2 is coming ouyt biggrin.gif

good work bas.

Hi,

great work guys! I'm really looking forward to your next fantastic Helicopter or whatever you release!

I encountered a bug in the Intercept mission. It always has to do with _ammo = _this select 4; looks like an error in an EventHandler; what's odd about this, it always happened when got out of the mh47, perhaps you accidentially used "GETOUT" instead of "FIRED" or whatever.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (PitViper @ April 22 2003,14:20)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I can't wait until BAS releases their MH-60 with these features smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

yup.. only makes me want it more.

best addon ever!

i found a funny little bug though:

I drove a KLR250 into the back of the chopper and loaded into a crate, then i took off and paradropped it a bit up in the air, so far so good, it landed and i landed myself to check it out and VOILA!

TWO MOTORCYCLES!

I can bet my penis i only loaded ONE into that chopper tounge.gif

What if you want AI to do all the stuff that can be done with the chopper? What scripts do I use then? confused.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (KTM_Calle @ April 22 2003,17:23)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I drove a KLR250 into the back of the chopper and loaded into a crate, then i took off and paradropped it a bit up in the air, so far so good, it landed and i landed myself to check it out and VOILA!

TWO MOTORCYCLES!

I can bet my penis i only loaded ONE into that chopper  tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

I'll bet your penis too.

I was able to make 25 motorcycles out of one after a couple of drops.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (freddern @ April 22 2003,18:36)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">What if you want AI to do all the stuff that can be done with the chopper? What scripts do I use then?  confused.gif<span id='postcolor'>

You don't. You contact BIS and tell them to implement it in OFP2.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (pong2cs @ April 22 2003,13:54)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I think my pilot suffers from something, because every time I turn off hold-position, he starts swinging the chopper round 'n round in circles constantly, and when I put it back on, he refuses to hold the chopper still, so it constantly moves a tiny bit.

On a side note, would anyone know why my game pauses 10-20 seconds in every gunfight the instant the first bullet is fired? Say if 10 people come at me, the instant a bullet is fired, game pauses, then it resumes and the gunfight is carried out in a normal fasion, 1-2 minutes later, another group, another pause...<span id='postcolor'>

I moved this from the troubleshooting thread as i thought it was too coinsidental(this being in regards to the lock up upon fireing a first shot):...

Interesting...I've just spent the last few hours trying to find out whats causing the same problem??...i had thought it was maybe the fact i loaded 5 addons at the same time...the new mh47...the new yak 141...the updated king tiger and rocket launcher and the startrooper dropship...i deleted all the addons and still get the same problem...also, i hear a "Swooshing" sound in back ground that loops.maybe we should spread this to another thread to get more feedback??...im willing to bet its the sounds in the mh-47 that may be the culprit on our systems...hopeing im wrong though

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote (Mora2 @ April 22 2003,15wow.gif5)

Wow, that coughing because of not lowering the goggles is very realistic.....

I don't think it's too realistic, unless you breathe through your eyes.

<span id='postcolor'>

Rofl, I meant flashing eyes instead of coughing....

i found a bug! when u shoot an unmanned mh-47 with AA, it still release flares. Also, same thing happen when it on the ground smile.gif

anyway, coooooooooooooooll addon!!!!

chinook14.jpg

Will BAS make this boat too biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (CuteQA @ April 22 2003,20:19)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">i found a bug! when u shoot an unmanned mh-47 with AA, it still release flares. Also, same thing happen when it on the ground smile.gif

anyway, coooooooooooooooll addon!!!!

chinook14.jpg

Will BAS make this boat too  biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

If its a Zodiac then yes...

Guest DKM-jaguar

that looks more like a small dingy/liferaft to me, in the pic.

wow.gif0--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (343rdBadger @ April 22 2003,20wow.gif0)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (pong2cs @ April 22 2003,13:54)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I think my pilot suffers from something, because every time I turn off hold-position, he starts swinging the chopper round 'n round in circles constantly, and when I put it back on, he refuses to hold the chopper still, so it constantly moves a tiny bit.

On a side note, would anyone know why my game pauses 10-20 seconds in every gunfight the instant the first bullet is fired? Say if 10 people come at me, the instant a bullet is fired, game pauses, then it resumes and the gunfight is carried out in a normal fasion, 1-2 minutes later, another group, another pause...<span id='postcolor'>

I moved this from the troubleshooting thread as i thought it was too coinsidental(this being in regards to the lock up upon fireing a first shot):...

Interesting...I've just spent the last few hours trying to find out whats causing the same problem??...i had thought it was maybe the fact i loaded 5 addons at the same time...the new mh47...the new yak 141...the updated king tiger and rocket launcher and the startrooper dropship...i deleted all the addons and still get the same problem...also, i hear a "Swooshing" sound in back ground that loops.maybe we should spread this to another thread to get more feedback??...im willing to bet its the sounds in the mh-47 that may be the culprit on our systems...hopeing im wrong though<span id='postcolor'>

I had the same problem and SkyQuake (bless his sweet ass) from my clan, told me it was the dropship causing this, i deleted the dropship and the crater addon and voila....no more lock up smile.gif

Check in your addon folder to see if you still have that crater addon.

EDIT: Oh and BAS YOU ROCK!!! biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (CuteQA @ April 22 2003,20:19)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">i found a bug! when u shoot an unmanned mh-47 with AA, it still release flares. Also, same thing happen when it on the ground smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Well.. why would you wanna shoot an AA missle at the chopper whilst on ground tounge.gifwink.gif

TJ i havent found any commands to get cargo work in editor....

how do i command to AI to attach 5T Truck in mission?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Hovmand @ April 22 2003,20:55)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (343rdBadger @ April 22 2003,20wow.gif)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (pong2cs @ April 22 2003,13:54)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I think my pilot suffers from something, because every time I turn off hold-position, he starts swinging the chopper round 'n round in circles constantly, and when I put it back on, he refuses to hold the chopper still, so it constantly moves a tiny bit.

Interesting...I've just spent the last few hours trying to find out whats causing the same problem??...i had thought it was maybe the fact i loaded 5 addons at the same time...the new mh47...the new yak 141...the updated king tiger and rocket launcher and the startrooper dropship...i deleted all the addons and still get the same problem...also, i hear a "Swooshing" sound in back ground that loops.maybe we should spread this to another thread to get more feedback??...im willing to bet its the sounds in the mh-47 that may be the culprit on our systems...hopeing im wrong though<span id='postcolor'>

I had the same problem and SkyQuake (bless his sweet ass) from my clan, told me it was the dropship causing this, i deleted the dropship and the crater addon and voila....no more lock up <!--emo&smile.gif

Check in your addon folder to see if you still have that crater addon.

EDIT: Oh and BAS YOU ROCK!!! biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Whew!!!...God luv ya!!!!...that was the ticket!!!...good thing i came back here one last time...i was about to totally reinstall ofp!!!...the dropship was the culprit...gonna see if i can narrow it down to the crater or dropship itself...so the MH-47 is good to go on my system thank god...thanks again

badger mutters off .... boy that was a close one.......whew!

hello

I havn't read the whole thread (sorry if it has already been said)

I don't know if it's really a bug, but the jeep tooks my seat  crazy.gif (and i had the place of the jeep with my soldier)

It was in the solo mission, **can't remember the name** when you have to destroy the scuds :

bug_mh47.jpg

anyway, GREAT job...very very nice chopper  smile.gif

i have a felling that people arent listing... sad.gif

already told that there is alt bug in the heli its shows alt -1 all the time!

as anyone said above there is texture bug with cockpit

Guest jacobaby

I have to admit guys that I went through today, after reading the posts before I went to work a bit pissed off. In fact I was feeling like jacking in the addon making business apart from private ones for myself and my friends/team mates.

Why? Because of all the negatives coming from people who dont read the notes.

In this whole thread, only 2 things have been mentioned that have really been worth the effort of reading.

Firstly the error that was caused by the CPP2BIN app, meaning that we had to release the BAS_cargo addon again, thanks Lee for that, and the other is the player fast roping away from his rope.

This has been checked and rechecked and rechecked several times, I even had to learn how to make basic models in Oxygen to do it, so I am a bit annoyed at missing that for the final. For the AI it seems ok, so it must be the final adjustments to the hold position that altered it for the player.

That is worth sorting, so next time we release a vehicle that will be stowed (we have at least TWO in the works PLUS a boat that you and an AI team will be able to be extracted in...) we shall probably update that as well.

A REQUEST. If you think you have a genuine bug, and it is NOT mentioned or covered in the readme, and you can confirm that it does it repeatedly and can provide an example, then please let us know. But read the list of known issues first...you will see that pretty much all of the complaints to date are covered in that.

Regarding the chopper moving in circles. It is trying to get in formation with the leader, probably due to the Roadway LOD in the helicopter, there is nothing WE can do about this, but skilled players would know to give the pilot a WP or a HALT.

Regarding the Hold Position. For me it works all the time. The way it is scripted is this;

You press HOLD POSITION.

The AI pilot will come to a HALT. (gunner leaves group so he can try and defend of his own volition, chopper has to be set to Careless to make it stop).

When the chopper is at 1kmh or less the Chopper will be fully halted, and a hint box will appear, confirming that.

Now you can do as you like, the chopper will not move.

I find it best to Fast Rope myself, and then get the group to fast rope. The chopper will be free to move now without further action from you. If the chopper IS moving around, then it is my guess you have Clicked the action too many times.

I have made it as foolproof as possible without making a huge script base which probably would never have got finished....

However it seems there are some "fools" you just cant cater for..... biggrin.gif

Its the same with the vehicles in cargo. I deliberately made it so there was a bit of a pause in proceedings, in reality loading a Jeep or anything aboard a Chinook is time consuming and tedious. Just be more accurate with your mouse clicks and I am confident your problems will be fewer...

My biggest laugh of the day is the guy who complained he couldnt use the Police Jeep with the cargo sling. I have a crazy imagination, but even I cannot come up with a scenario where US special forces would want to be carrying a police jeep around..... biggrin.gif

Im surprised we dont get asked for the shopping trolley and UFO to be fitted inside.....

About the flares, I guess I could have put an engine on condition in there, but I didnt really bank on you guys firing rockets at it on the floor........

In reality the CM systems are completely automatic I believe.

The balance of the comments today are more inspiring, so maybe I will do some more scripting in the future.... But I know other addon teams feel the same.... we work our arses off to get these to you..and it seems all you want to do is compete to find bugs and glitches as fast as you can crazy.gif

So to all you who are just enjoying having the latest addon with ground breaking capability, and who have made comments of appreciation..

YOU'RE WELCOME!!!! biggrin.gif

To the others.....if you wanna compete, try looking for the extra details we included but didnt mention.....

TJ