Sign in to follow this  
USMC Sniper

Afghanistan map out!

Ok Avon i figured it out with CAT and yeah he says he might have added some textures in the aforementioned list i provided accidently but hey lets cut the guy some slack hes working like a horse on it  tounge.gif

New list to updated tomorrow in the meanwhile it will be up at our site too , the sites coming up tonight if all goes well ...

The Nomad Mod website if some of you are wondering wink.gif

Ok fellows good news our Nomad Mod website is up where you can head for latest up to date news on CATs island and patches and fixes but we are running temporary forums right now so you can still contact us through there , ours will be up later in a few days.

Nomad Mod Webpage

Its there but hey the main link isnt working crazy.gif

fixing it now........

Its working now but i dont know how the hell that happened overnight confused.gif

Sorry for the inconvenience!

cant wait for your cia units

hope they look like the ones in the current afghanistan conflict

with some exceptions since this mode will be in the 80s

how bout making both cia units

modern and back in the 80s??

just a suggestion biggrin.gif

oh yeah just played ur madd map again

used the afghan pack

i got around 6 squads of taleb soldiers around 2 terrorist groups and 1 fundamentalist groups with 5 technicals and 5 tanks in a very hilly city

sent 5 to 6 squads of heavy ranger squads with sniper back up and 2 ah64 gunships and a tornado with 1 nothern alliance squad and 1 delta team me being in tha delta team

the first thing that happened was carpet bomb the gunships then a bloody battle that took only 10 ranger soldiers

wen i was playing i felt for the first time wen playing ofp

i was in afghanistan

i love this dam map

Thanks for the feedback ruff our CIA guys are a bit off limits atthe moment we are focusing on russian paras and mujahideens wink.gif

And CIA will be like in the 80's crazy.gif get ready for short pants and big collars tounge.gif

well correct me if i am wrong but the updated island contains more textureless point right?i hope he will fix that soon biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (ruff @ 03 May 2003,16:34)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">oh yeah just played ur madd map again

used the afghan pack

i got around 6 squads of taleb soldiers around 2 terrorist groups and 1 fundamentalist groups with 5 technicals and 5 tanks in a very hilly city

sent 5 to 6 squads of heavy ranger squads with sniper back up and 2 ah64 gunships and a tornado with 1 nothern alliance squad and 1 delta team me being in tha delta team

the first thing that happened was carpet bomb the gunships then a bloody battle that took only 10 ranger soldiers

i was in afghanistan

i love this dam map<span id='postcolor'>

care to share that mission ?? biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Sinister[tnuC] @ 04 May 2003,02:51)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (ruff @ 03 May 2003,16:34)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">oh yeah just played ur madd map again

used the afghan pack

i was in afghanistan

i love this dam map<span id='postcolor'>

care to share that mission ?? biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

that was just an editor one

wasnt a proper mission

no triggers and that

just waypoints

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Nagual @ 04 May 2003,04:59)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Here's a couple of missions:

SthAfghan_missions

Just a bit o fun, i will keep working on them later in the week.<span id='postcolor'>

FYI, Running Urban Uprising in SP, I got:

Cannot load mission: missing addon DKM_MOD

I don't know if this is a BAS problem or a DKM Mod addon error problem. It's also happened to me in the past when DKM's Comanche has been present in the AddOns folder.

I've mentioned it in the past I think on both BAS and DKM forum threads. I don't think I ever got an answer as to what's causing it and when it will be resolved.

I sidestepped it by removing DKM Mod addons (in this case file DKMM_Choppers.pbo) from the addons folder and restarting OFP.

IN Quick Raid, the first time I ran it, OK, I got shot. Well - not OK. biggrin.gif

When I restarted it, 2 of my team died when shot during insertion and the LB landed sideways in some narrow alley. It bounced around the corner to the next alley where it blew up.

Maybe some fine tuning, if possible, is needed on the LB landing? confused.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (theavonlady @ 04 May 2003,09:22)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Maybe some fine tuning, if possible, is needed on the LB landing? confused.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Ran it another two times and landings were OK.

It's very difficult to play these missions in SP as your AI teammates are just asking to be killed while crawling past the next corner.

This is where OFP really needs CQB team commands and formations like in SWAT3 or similar.

Still, as MP missions with live players, this must rock! smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Nagual @ 04 May 2003,04:59)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Here's a couple of missions:

SthAfghan_missions

Just a bit o fun, i will keep working on them later in the week.<span id='postcolor'>

2 stars on the MOM section at The FAQ. smile.gif

That was easy, wasn't it! biggrin.gif

Don't stop! wow.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">like in SWAT3 or similar.<span id='postcolor'>That was a great game. Oh why did i borrow it to that weasel mad.gif

Oh btw does this map need a cood computer (especially CPU) ?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (SpeedyDonkey @ 04 May 2003,14:24)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Oh btw does this map need a cood computer (especially CPU) ?<span id='postcolor'>

Preferably. Lots of nice textures an relatively large towns.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (theavonlady @ 04 May 2003,13:33)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (SpeedyDonkey @ 04 May 2003,14:24)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Oh btw does this map need a cood computer (especially CPU) ?<span id='postcolor'>

Preferably. Lots of nice textures an relatively large towns.<span id='postcolor'>

I feel like i should download something today. Either 1944 demo, that hokaido demo or this... I´ll have to ask my Duron 700mhz what he wants first though.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (SpeedyDonkey @ 04 May 2003,14:36)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I feel like i should download something today. Either 1944 demo, that hokaido demo or this... I´ll have to ask my Duron 700mhz what he wants first though.<span id='postcolor'>

A transplant. tounge.gifsad.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (theavonlady @ 04 May 2003,13:40)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (SpeedyDonkey @ 04 May 2003,14:36)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I feel like i should download something today. Either 1944 demo, that hokaido demo or this... I´ll have to ask my Duron 700mhz what he wants first though.<span id='postcolor'>

A transplant. tounge.gif  sad.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Nah retirement is what he really wants. He´s been buzzing and whining really loud lately. Apparently my current motherboard only supports up to Athlon 1400... Well i guess it could be enough for now.

Any plans on adding an airbase of some type to this map?

There's lots of missions where I really need a working airbase where the AI can take off and land. sad.gif

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

We will try to include an airfield in the next update. However, it will be a Soviet airbase, not a US one. Shouldn't be to much of an issue.

If you have comments or criticisms, please visit our forums. Unfortunately, the website is down because of bandwith reasons.

If you have any interest in helping to create the map or research it, please contact me or any other NOMAD team members.