Sign in to follow this  
Warin

The Dogs of War

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">CentCom has confirmed that they blew the power out so that they could conduct recon within the city.

<span id='postcolor'>

Nice to see my assumptions confirmed again biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (denoir @ April 04 2003,06:35)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Balschoiw @ April 04 2003,11:14)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The assumption that Saddam has ordered to cut off power makes no sense as the Iraqi forces are not NV equipped and a well lit city at night would make it easier for his forces to engage the NV equipped coaltion forces.<span id='postcolor'>

CentCom has confirmed that they blew the power out so that they could conduct recon within the city.

What they didn't mention is that they destroyed the water distribution system as well.<span id='postcolor'>

mad.gifmad.gifmad.gif newagefascists

Yeah, of course they created a black out, it's going to be pitch black in the city this time of month. Nice and advantageous to the fascists.

Their NV advantage will run out quite a bit by the 9th of April, unless there will hang a could of smoke over the entire city.

I totatally agree: fascists suck. All the time, you see them putting people in plastic shredders, using chemical weapons against civillians, commiting acts of wanton ecological destruction, etc. etc. etc. THe only way you can call the US/UK coaltition fascist is if you call Saddam an antichrist or something.

Good thing all you Scandinavian twits are so foregiving of past crimes.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (PFC_Mike @ April 04 2003,16:33)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Good thing all you Scandinavian twits are so foregiving of past crimes.<span id='postcolor'>

Forgiving?  Forgive what?  What did Saddam Hussein ever do to Scandinavia?  crazy.gif

Edit: ...And what the hell did he ever do to your country?

The collapse of Saddam's Reich is imminent. I just wish they would have the sense to surrender before casualties mount. I didn't want this war but now that it has started let's hope it will end soon as Baghdad is almost besieged. Opposing war at this point is kind of late don't you think?

I just read that MSNBC has done tests on some of the chemicals they found in the terrorist camps in Northern Iraq, and it turned up positive for ricin & botulinum .

Here's the link: http://www.msnbc.com/news/895185.asp

Also, I was reading at Foxnews that they had come across caches of a powder and instructions for chemical warfare, but the powder seemed to be just an explosive.

Link:

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,83170,00.html

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Blake @ April 04 2003,16:57)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Opposing war at this point is kind of late don't you think?<span id='postcolor'>

Just in case that question is for me, I'm not automatically opposed to war.  However, I am opposed to misinformation.  A democracy where everyone is free to choose and vote based on upon false information and propaganda is no democracy at all.

PFC_Mike believes that Saddam Hussein has done something unforgiveable to Scandinavia and his own country.  If he is not able to tell us what that is then he should at least consider that he's been misinformed by the leaders of his democracy.

Edit: Can be continued in the other thread if you wish.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Bernadotte @ April 04 2003,17:28)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Edit:  Can be continued in the other thread if you wish.<span id='postcolor'>

Yes, please do smile.gif

I think the Information Minister phrased things badly in his conference.

'Non-Conventional Weapons'

Whoops. Apparently he meant a martyrdom attack on the airport tonight, but the press are going wild with those 3 words now.

US Marine commander relieved of post in Iraq

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">SOUTH EAST OF BAGHDAD (AFP) - A US commander who was leading a push by Marines through southern Iraq towards Baghdad was relieved of his post for an undisclosed reason, a US military spokesman told AFP.

No reason had been given for the decision to relieve Colonel Joe Dowdy, commander of the Marines First Regimental Combat Team, Public Affairs Officer Steven Schweitzer said on Friday.

"He was responsible for the regiment until three hours ago," Schweitzer said.

Another senior officer, who declined to be named, said a replacement for Dowdy had been announced and that a helicopter had arrived late Friday with orders to ferry Dowdy back to Kuwait.

Dowdy was in command of 5,000 men and women and had led the regiment's advance through southern and central Iraq and on to some 130 kilometres (80 miles) from Baghdad earlier Friday.

<span id='postcolor'>

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Badgerboy @ April 04 2003,17:35)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I think the Information Minister phrased things badly in his conference.

'Non-Conventional Weapons'

Whoops. Apparently he meant a martyrdom attack on the airport tonight, but the press are going wild with those 3 words now.<span id='postcolor'>

He actually said something like "unconventional and marvellous acts". Whatever the hell that means. Maybe it's just my sick imagination, but it sounded vaguelly perverted. wink.gif

But seriously, my guess would be that he meant some sort of human-wave or mass-suicide bomber attack.

BTW, if you had some really cool customers in place of Iraqis, NOW would be the time to demolish all those bridges and mine the supply routes...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">He actually said something like "unconventional and marvellous acts". Whatever the hell that means. Maybe it's just my sick imagination, but it sounded vaguelly perverted. <span id='postcolor'>

Actually, I think I was using that line in the pub last night. I didn't get any.... tounge.gif

Atlantic Monthly Editor Killed in Iraq

Michael Kelly Was a Columnist for The Washington Post

Michael Kelly, the Atlantic Monthly editor-at-large and Washington Post columnist who abandoned the safety of editorial offices to cover the war in Iraq, has been killed in a Humvee accident while traveling with the Army's 3rd Infantry Division.

Kelly, the first American journalist killed in the war, had also served as editor of the New Republic and National Journal. But his decision to join up with U.S. forces marked a return to his reporting roots, since he covered the first Persian Gulf War as a magazine freelancer and turned his observations into a book, "Martyrs' Day." While one Australian and two British journalists have been killed covering the war, Kelly's death is the first among the 600 correspondents participating in the Pentagon's embedding program

Washington Times

-=Die Alive=-

I'd bet money on it. There has been no evidence at all that he has been hurt in any way. It's just a Anglo-American propaganda/psychological ploy aimed at the lower Iraqi command structure.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (denoir @ April 04 2003,17:46)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">US Marine commander relieved of post in Iraq

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">SOUTH EAST OF BAGHDAD (AFP) - A US commander who was leading a push by Marines through southern Iraq  towards Baghdad was relieved of his post for an undisclosed reason, a US military spokesman told AFP.

No reason had been given for the decision to relieve Colonel Joe Dowdy, commander of the Marines First Regimental Combat Team, Public Affairs Officer Steven Schweitzer said on Friday.

"He was responsible for the regiment until three hours ago," Schweitzer said.

Another senior officer, who declined to be named, said a replacement for Dowdy had been announced and that a helicopter had arrived late Friday with orders to ferry Dowdy back to Kuwait.

Dowdy was in command of 5,000 men and women and had led the regiment's advance through southern and central Iraq and on to some 130 kilometres (80 miles) from Baghdad earlier Friday.

<span id='postcolor'><span id='postcolor'>

I wonder if it's related to this:

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The Iraqi government said U.S. helicopters had earlier attacked a residential area in Hillah, about 30 miles east of Karbala, with heavy loss of life. Roland Huguenin-Benjamin, an official of the International Red Cross, reached the city and expressed shock at what he saw.

``We've been overwhelmed by the large number of civilian casualties brought in during the last 48 hours,'' he told a CNN reporter by telephone. ``There are lots and lots of dead bodies, many of them dismembered.''

Al Jazeera quoted medical sources at a hospital in nearby Haidariya as saying 33 people had been killed and more than 300 wounded. It was impossible to verify the civilian casualties. Central Command said it was investigating.<span id='postcolor'>

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I'd bet money on it. There has been no evidence at all that he has been hurt in any way. It's just a Anglo-American propaganda/psychological ploy aimed at the lower Iraqi command structure. <span id='postcolor'>Sure, obviously a lot of propaganda going on but i belive it could be one of those Saddam wannabe´s.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (denoir @ April 04 2003,08:53)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Schoeler @ April 04 2003,05:29)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Capture of Saddam International Airport = Severe reduction in the Iraqi ability to hit Coalition supply lines.

We can ship it via air freight straight to Baghdad now.  Expect C-17's and C-5's to start arriving as soon as an air umbrella can be established.  Plenty of big fuel storage tanks as well.<span id='postcolor'>

1) The airport isn't caputred. The Iraqis launched a successful counterattack this morning.

2) Saddam International Airport is within SAM range from central Baghdad. I think that the Iraqis would welcome juicy big slow targets like C-17's and C-5's.

In theory you're right though.<span id='postcolor'>

Well, I watched CNN until 3wow.gif0 am local time, and it looks like that counterattack failed. Over 400 Iraqis killed on the approach road about 3 miles east of newly named Baghdad International Airport. One suicide bus packed with explosives detonated about a quarter mile from some Abrahms tanks guarding the road. Apparently a .50 gunner put a few rounds into it after it failed to respond to warning fire, and it went off like the bomb that it was.

Its pretty safe to say the Coalition now controls the airport, though it is not totally secure.

As far as the cargo flights I was talking about, those are a long way off, I did mention the need for an effective air umbrella before that can happen. The coalition is now talking about securing approach corridors into the airport for those aircraft. The Marines are attempting to seize another sizable airfield southeast of Baghdad for strike missions.

It appears Saddam is alive given the details released inhis latest TV appearance. There is some speculation that he and other key leaders are being allowed to continue appearing on Iraqi TV because of the intelligence value of their appearances. Apparently each new appearance gives the Coalition new information as to their whereabouts and status. It would be nice if a predator could spot the SOB doing one of his "public" appearances. LOL, the streetside appearance even if it was him, had only about 50 supporters at it. From what I've heard, the real Saddam is much too paranoid to actually do something like this, so either it was a lookalike, or those people were extremely trustworthy to him.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Schoeler @ April 04 2003,22:19)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">It appears Saddam is alive given the details released inhis latest TV appearance.  There is some speculation that he and other key leaders are being allowed to continue appearing on Iraqi TV because of the intelligence value of their appearances.  Apparently each new appearance gives the Coalition new information as to their whereabouts and status.  It would be nice if a predator could spot the SOB doing one of his "public" appearances.  LOL, the streetside appearance even if it was him, had only about 50 supporters at it.  From what I've heard, the real Saddam is much too paranoid to actually do something like this, so either it was a lookalike, or those people were extremely trustworthy to him.<span id='postcolor'>

I agree on this point. voice of Hussein, should it be analyzed and confirmed that it is his, would suggest that he is alive. however, i will still uphold my skepticism that it could be one of those body doubles that appears on TV, and voice is dubbed over it.

if that is the case, he is too scared to make appearance or he is wounded and want to make sure that everyone gets message that he is alive, but don't want to demoralize his ppl.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (denoir @ April 04 2003,13:27)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Al-Sistani Denies Fatwa Not To Resist Invasion

Another propaganda lie exposed.<span id='postcolor'>

This may not be a lie. Don't rush to any conclusions yet. Remember, a guy like this can't seem to be too accomodating to the infidel invaders. Like any good politician, he can say something controversial, get his point across, and then have his staff cover his ass by denying he said anything of the sort. Sort of works like in a courtroom setting. The prosecutor says something egregious to damage the character of the defendant and even though the defense attorney objects and the objection is sustained by the judge, its too late, the damage is done as the jury heard everything that was said. Leave it to the future lawyer to only be able to come up with a courtroom analogy! confused.gif